What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Well, I will just say that once you read the first Dune book ( "Dune" ) you will be sucked into the Dune universe and then you will seek to read the next books in the series. That happened with me and with a friend of mine whom I recommended the series. :D

Also, Star Wars is a silly copy of Dune.
Oh, yes I guessed this might be based on a book or something haha.

1. 'Rim jhim giray saawan' from the film Music Teacher. Sung by Papon and Shreya Ghoshal. This song is of course a remake of the Kishore Kumar classic from the film Manzil. The new song is sung well, music'ed well and acted well. I remembered this song after watching today's episode of Indian Idol where it was performed by Pawandeep Rajan.

2. Multiple songs performed by the band Tinariwen which is composed of Tawareg ( Tuareg ) people from the Sahara desert. They have an interesting history :
In 1980 Libyan ruler Muammar al-Gaddafi put out a decree inviting all young Tuareg men who were living illegally in Libya to receive full military training. Gaddafi dreamed of forming a Saharan regiment, made up of young Tuareg fighters, to further his territorial ambitions in Chad, Niger, and elsewhere. Ag Alhabib and his bandmates answered the call and received nine months of training. During such exercises, the band met additional Tuareg musicians and formed a loosely-organized collective, now known as Tinariwen, to create songs about the issues facing the Tuareg people. They built a makeshift studio and vowed to record music for free for anyone who supplied a blank cassette tape. The resulting homemade cassettes were traded widely throughout the Sahara region.
They seemed to have become famous from their appearance in the Festival in the Desert which I think has some connection with Gaddafi. I came to know of this group when they were played on the BBC World Service radio program Charlie Gillet. Incidentally, in the songs above the smiling young man on the drum looks like a young Gaddafi. @KedarT, I am sure the inspiration for the look of the Fremen people in the Dune books came from the Tawareg people.

---

@Zibago @Mentee @fitpOsitive @Goenitz @vishwambhar @Indos @Naofumi

Last edited:
Yeah the English / Scots military seemed to have done quite a lot of war crimes. And I saw some pics of the French colonials in Algeria, one pic of French soldiers doing an ISIS thing - holding a cut-off head of an Algerian.
Even now the Europeans are sinking ships full of refugees in the Mediterranean and bastards of Europeans are putting children in cages

I dont want to hear another lecture from these hypocrites

F168C64F-1865-4FA1-9D80-54D047D80C2C.png

1. 'Rim jhim giray saawan' from the film Music Teacher. Sung by Papon and Shreya Ghoshal. This song is of course a remake of the Kishore Kumar classic from the film Manzil. The new song is sung well, music'ed well and acted well. I remembered this song after watching today's episode of Indian Idol where it was performed by Pawandeep Rajan.
Good try by Papon and Shreya Ghoshal. For some reason, the attempt at a new rendition doesn't fit with the video.
Multiple songs performed by the band Tinariwen which is composed of Tawareg ( Tuareg ) people from the Sahara desert. They have an interesting history :
Nice band and pleasant music. They have a really good hold of the guitar. A little similar to Indonesian music in terms of adapting to Western instruments but the wordings and language sounded very local.
They seemed to have become famous from their appearance in the Festival in the Desert which I think has some connection with Gaddafi. I came to know of this group when they were played on the BBC World Service radio program Charlie Gillet. Incidentally, in the songs above the smiling young man on the drum looks like a young Gaddafi. @KedarT, I am sure the inspiration for the look of the Fremen people in the Dune books came from the Tawareg people.
Could be, dunno.

Back
Top Bottom