What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Not right now but I was listening to this in the morning. This song needs to be the anthem of the world:

Not right now but I was listening to this in the morning. This song needs to be the anthem of the world:

I sometimes try to imagine how it felt to be awaken in the night with the sounds of bombs, screams of your loved ones dying, smell of burning and blood ... this must be one of the questions which comes in mind of all innocents souls of this world who unknowingly and unwillingly put through unnecessary wars...the good news is unknown heroes are awakening ... as they say God works in mysterious way...I Hope this animated series get needed sponsorship....

I sometimes try to imagine how it felt to be awaken in the night with the sounds of bombs, screams of your loved ones dying, smell of burning and blood ... this must be one of the questions which comes in mind of all innocents souls of this world who unknowingly and unwillingly put through unnecessary wars...the good news is unknown heroes are awakening ... as they say God works in mysterious way...I Hope this animated series get needed sponsorship....

Sometimes you look back and find things that are prophetic, this scene from the Network is one such scene.

Without going off topic, the world is full of apathy and selfishness. If this doesn't move your soul to tears, nothing will. Not long after the Israeli aggression against Palestinians has become yesterday's news, this young family spend the evening celebrating a birthday in the rubble of their former home in Gaza.

But no one cries, there are no protests in the streets, congressmen and politicians don't take knees for these people, because they are seen as the children of a lesser god!

E2ZqQf6VgBc49GH.jpg

Sometimes you look back and find things that are prophetic, this scene from the Network is one such scene.

Without going off topic, the world is full of apathy and selfishness. If this doesn't move your soul to tears, nothing will. Not long after the Israeli aggression against Palestinians has become yesterday's news, this young family spend the evening celebrating a birthday in the rubble of their former home in Gaza.

But no one cries, there are no protests in the streets, congressmen and politicians don't take knees for these people, because they are seen as the children of a lesser god!

View attachment 748278

How did so many of the cautionary tales from the 20st century, becoming the instructions manual for the 21st century...?

The above question rings the bell at so many levels which I read in the comment section of the video you posted...

Unfortunately ... the reality is until the fire reaches your own backyard no one cares ... no one wants to come out of their little “comfort bubble” ... in west who have the courage to “bite the hand that feeds you” ... a normal person has his own little nucleus (family) to care for and ones who are like in chemistry terminology “free radicals” with knowledge of what exactly going on...are either so closely watched or entrapped that they can not dare to do anything...

Last edited:
How about this Dangdut song, do you see any relation with Indian music ?
I like the flute music in this, the guitar in between was also good.

Dangdut (/dɑːŋˈduːt/) is a genre of Indonesian dance & folk music originated from Java island, Dangdut is partly derived and fused from Hindustani, Arabic music, and to lesser extent local folk music. Dangdut is a very popular genre in Indonesia and in another Malay World countries as well because of its melodious instrumentation and vocals. Dangdut features a tabla and gendang beat.[1][2]

Yes we use tabla a lot in Indian music.

Indonesian as South East Asian countries can look like East Asian or South Asian, the first Dangdut singer in the first songs look like East Asian girls and in the second song the female singer more look like Indian or Latin America lady
Yes, she has very Indian features. The Wikipedia page says that Dangdut is really popular, but is it really?

Marugelara O Raghava

Singer: Rupali Moghe
Music: Aditya Bedekar
Lyricist: Omkar Kulkarni
Arranger/Programmer: Aditya Bedekar

This is an interesting song since it's a Marathi and Telugu fusion. This Marathi movie is set in Hampi which is an ancient city (also the capital of the Vijayanagara empire) in the state of Karnataka and hence the director may have thought of incorporating a few South Indian elements within the song.

@jamahir @padamchen @Naofumi @vishwambhar @Indos @Chhatrapati

Last edited:

Back in the days ... use to wonder about these bikes...nostalgic...didn’t get the full version...

Kitna khoobsorat hey mera Wattan...

This amazing song originally sung by Mr. Javed Akhtar:

Last edited:
Marugelara O Raghava

Singer: Rupali Moghe
Music: Aditya Bedekar
Lyricist: Omkar Kulkarni
Arranger/Programmer: Aditya Bedekar

This is an interesting song since it's a Marathi and Telugu fusion. This Marathi movie is set in Hampi which is an ancient city (also the capital of the Vijayanagara empire) in the state of Karnataka and hence the director may have thought of incorporating a few South Indian elements within the song.

@jamahir @padamchen @Naofumi @vishwambhar @Indos @Chhatrapati

Sorry for the late reply but I didn't receive your tagging of me.

The song reminds me of the Desi-Western fusion songs that would appear on the shortwave radio program Charlie Gillet hosted by the late Charlie Gillet on BBC World Service radio. The program had music from all over the world. Not pop music but cross-cultural fusion music and traditional music.

BTW your song shows the actors trying out a meditation bowl. I once tried it out. It gives an interesting sound when you rub the rod on the inside. The sound stays for a second or two. Maybe you know.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom