What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

This lyrical gem was tough to understand but those who know proper punjabi will get it.

1. 'Duji vaar pyar' by Sunanda Sharma. @Indos, I think you will not only like the singing and the music but also the story.

2. 'Sanam teri kasam ( Reprise version )' from the film Sanam Teri Kasam which is an Indian film and has a Pakistani heroine. Indos, you may like it as it has a more modern melody.

3. 'Agar mujhse mohobbat hai' from the film Aap Ki Parchaiyan.
c. By Nishtha Sharma and Sneha in Superstar Singers.​
---

@Zibago @Mentee @fitpOsitive @Goenitz @vishwambhar @Naofumi

1. 'Duji vaar pyar' by Sunanda Sharma. @Indos, I think you will not only like the singing and the music but also the story.

2. 'Sanam teri kasam ( Reprise version )' from the film Sanam Teri Kasam which is an Indian film and has a Pakistani heroine. Indos, you may like it as it has a more modern melody.

3. 'Agar mujhse mohobbat hai' from the film Aap Ki Parchaiyan.
c. By Nishtha Sharma and Sneha in Superstar Singers.​
---

@Zibago @Mentee @fitpOsitive @Goenitz @vishwambhar @Naofumi

Nice song, what is the language for two songs that you recommend me, Are they Hindi or Punjabi ? I think the first language in Punjabi and second song is Hindi right ?? I like the second song better.

I hear the word "bikin" in the first song, does it mean " make " in English ? I ask that because it is informal language in Indonesia.

I also hear the word "berdua" in second song, does it mean two in English ???

Pakistani heroine means that the women is Pakistani ??

This is the movie right ? Can you explain the short story of it ? :D

Last edited:
I think the first language in Punjabi and second song is Hindi right ??

You are correct.

I like the second song better.

:tup:

I hear the word "bikin" in the first song, does it mean " make " in English ? I ask that because it is informal language in Indonesia.

At what time point do you hear that word ? I don't know Punjabi that well so @Naofumi or @Mentee @Goenitz or @fitpOsitive can tell us what the word means.

I also hear the word "berdua" in second song, does it mean two in English ???

That is "badd'dua" which in Urdu and I think in Arabic and Farsi also means Curse.

The line is "Tera jaana jaise koi bad'due" meaning "Your going away from me is like a curse".

Pakistani heroine means that the women is Pakistani ??

Yes, she is Mawra Hocane ( to be pronounced Hussain ). This was her only Indian film. For about two or three years an Indian film and music artistes and technicians industry body has sadly banned Pakistanis from collaborating in Indian projects.

This is the movie right ? Can you explain the short story of it ? :D

That is the film, yes. Unfortunately I haven't watched it. I should have because I have read that it is a good film. A tragedy story. Something different from the rest. You can read the plot in this wikipedia page.

This is the official, and shorter, version of the title song.

Last edited:
@jamahir The women name in the movie is Saraswati right ?? I saw the name on the tree in the end of the movie. Wati is very common name for Javanese. And this is our singer with similar name.

Isyana Sarasvaty. But she is most probably Sundanese ethnic since she was born in Bandung, West Java.

Nope she is not Hindu, she is Muslim :p:

Which song?

sanam terikasam

Which song?
sanam terikasam

I thought Indos meant the Punjabi song, as below :

@jamahir The women name in the movie is Saraswati right ?? I saw the name on the tree in the end of the movie. Wati is very common name for Javanese.

Yes, the heroine's name in the film is Saraswati. And I know that even Sukarno's daughter's name is influenced by some prior Hindu culture.

And this is our singer with similar name.

Isyana Sarasvaty. But she is most probably Sundanese ethnic since she was born in Bandung, West Java.

Nope she is not Hindu, she is Muslim :p:

Does Jiwa mean Life ?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom