What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

You can post 1 song of all those types like keroncong, Javanese, Balinese, dangdut, etc so that we can get a taste of Indonesian music. No need to post all songs in one post but instead you can post all the different varieties across different days.

She sounds like a proper English native singer.

:tup:

Indonesians look like they have good English pronunciation. Is English taught in schools as a compulsory subject? Even if it isn't, I don't think Indonesians will find it difficult to learn English as you share the same Latin script.

I will try to post some of them and tag you as well.

I believe Arabic/Indian/Pakistani/Indonesian/German/Netherland etc speakers have less difficulties to mimic English native speaker (USA) than Chinese/Thailand/Vietnamese/France native speakers.

I think it is because the fact that those Mandarin/Vietnamese/France native speakers get used to speak languages that has distinct sound, it makes them get difficult to mimic English native speaker sound. While speaker like Indonesian/German/Arabic/Indian are easier to mimic English native speaker sound because their native languages sound is rather neutral and simple.

Other reasons that make Indonesian have less difficulties to learn English is the similarity of the sentence system which uses Subject-Predicate-Object and also the latin alphabet Indonesian uses in their national language.

Yes, English is one of the compulsory subject taught in school until second year of university. In the old days (my time), English is started to be taught in junior high school, but I have been exposed to English since very young due to movies and musics. Current generation starts learning English in the first year in elementary school.

I do believe it will not be difficult to communicate with Indonesian if you use simple English. You can communicate with more complex sentence to our university graduates. Today many Indonesians are also using satellite TV so they get more exposed to English. Younger generation which is under 45 years old IMO is also better in English than older generations.

If Indonesian want to be a good English speaker what they need to do is to watch news like CNN or Al Jazera a lot. Unlike in Hongkong or Singapore where local community speak English widely and because of that the pronounciation often getting spoiled by local dialect, Indonesian English speakers dont have such problem. For some one who want to improve their English, they just need to follow American or British English accent, usually Indonesian prefer American English.

This Syifa Andriana, Indonesian traveler can be the best person to describe the English pronounciation local Indonesian have, particularly the ones who are quite serious to develop their English. She learn and improve her English in Indonesia. I can say both my sisters speak English like her.

Some of our politician (strong candidates for 2024 election) and their English

Last edited:
Tu Shwaas Sare

Singer: Kunal Ganjawala
Video Director: Ajay K Naik
Music Director: Ajay K Naik

@jamahir @Nilgiri @vishwambhar @Naofumi

The first 18 seconds remind me of a famous Hindi song. I am just not able to place which.

Indonesian and Indian collaborate singing Indian song. The song is very nice @jamahir @TheGreatMaratha

This definately deserve more viewer :pissed:

Though those particular songs are not my type I agree that they are talented and as TheGreatMaratha said the girl was enjoying herself.

@TheGreatMaratha @jamahir @Joe Shearer

Indonesian Police do lipsing in Indian song :enjoy:

Nice !

The main person was doing it quite good but also like TheGreatMaratha indicated, the person at the back was good too.

A nice one. This is the longer version.

The language is more of shuddh Hindi and less of Urdu. That is why it sounds like that. This is the original from the film Padmaavat and is short.
Funnily I thought it's Punjabi. I think the way the song starts, I think I've heard it in some Punjabi song. There's a male singer but I can't remember the name of the song, I just know the tune.

Back
Top Bottom