What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

'Jo bhejhi thi dua' from the film Shanghai.
Ye konsa movie hai jisme Emraan Hashmi, Abhay Deol aur Kalki Koechlin hai hehe. Emraan moustache ke saath bahot ajeeb dikhta hai. Abhay should get more films.
3. 'Tumhe yaad karte karte'. Good music, good singing, good lyrics. One of my favorites from my radio listening days years ago.
Nice song. She is so scantily clad even for the present time.
1. The title reminds me of the Pakistani Coke Studio production 'Hina ki khushbu mehak rahi hai'.
Good.

I see that Indian female singer always have voice like that ???? Is there any reason or it is because Indian like that kind of sound ??
Most of the times it's like that although that's not a Bollywood song but a song from a regional film industry.
Indonesian female singer dont have that specific voice and has normal sound. Check this, Raisa
Again the sound reminds me of Western music and sound. Do Indonesians speak like this? I mean, do you guys speak the 'r' like English speakers do? Or is this just a new influence?

Really nice visualization in this song. I think some of the shots might be from Bali if I'm not wrong.

This is a song where you can see some kind of a Western fusion but again the words will sound very Indian for you. But the music is a bit Western similar to the song you posted.

Tu Shwaas Sare

Singer: Kunal Ganjawala
Video Director: Ajay K Naik
Music Director: Ajay K Naik

@jamahir @Nilgiri @vishwambhar @Naofumi

Ye konsa movie hai jisme Emraan Hashmi, Abhay Deol aur Kalki Koechlin hai hehe.

Shanghai. From its Wikipedia entry I see that it is a nice film.

Emraan moustache ke saath bahot ajeeb dikhta hai.

He has a better mustache in the Azhar film :

ravishastri-azhar-1463394569.jpg

Abhay should get more films.

Agreed. Even his first film, Socha Na Tha, was nice and his co-star Ayesha Takia was good too.

Watch this film of his, Road ( full vid ). Another nice one.

Nice song. She is so scantily clad even for the present time.

Yes, I wanted to put "NSFW" in the link but forgot.

Ten thousand of mongols will hand you the wrath of Heaven!

(Watch with subtitles on.)

Most of the times it's like that although that's not a Bollywood song but a song from a regional film industry.

Again the sound reminds me of Western music and sound. Do Indonesians speak like this? I mean, do you guys speak the 'r' like English speakers do? Or is this just a new influence?

Really nice visualization in this song. I think some of the shots might be from Bali if I'm not wrong.

This is a song where you can see some kind of a Western fusion but again the words will sound very Indian for you. But the music is a bit Western similar to the song you posted.

Tu Shwaas Sare

Singer: Kunal Ganjawala
Video Director: Ajay K Naik
Music Director: Ajay K Naik

@jamahir @Nilgiri @vishwambhar @Naofumi

Yup, that song is quite western, I like that Indian song.

Actually Indonesian songs have so many variety, there are traditional song from different ethnic like keroncong style, Javanese style, Balinese style and so on, and there is also dangdut song that are favored by many Indonesian, and westernized songs that are preferred by people who listen to many western song like people from cities and middle class people.

Indonesian speak R like Mexican we really roll the R sound. And Indonesian IMO in general have better English than East Asian people like Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. It may be because Indonesian use latin alphabet and Indonesian language sound is quite neutral so we dont have much difficulties to imitate English speaking sound like American English.

Here is the same singer, Raisa Andriana, singing English song

We also have musician who some time create song that use English like The Cinnamon

Last edited:
Actually Indonesian songs have so many variety, there are traditional song from different ethnic like keroncong style, Javanese style, Balinese style and so on, and there is also dangdut song that are favored by many Indonesian, and westernized songs that are preferred by people who listen to many western song like people from cities and middle class people.
You can post 1 song of all those types like keroncong, Javanese, Balinese, dangdut, etc so that we can get a taste of Indonesian music. No need to post all songs in one post but instead you can post all the different varieties across different days.
Here is the same singer, Raisa Andriana, singing English song
She sounds like a proper English native singer.
We also have musician who some time create song that use English like The Cinnamon
:tup:
Indonesian speak R like Mexican we really roll the R sound. And Indonesian IMO in general have better English than East Asian people like Chinese, Japanese, and Korean. It may be because Indonesian use latin alphabet and Indonesian language sound is quite neutral so we dont have much difficulties to imitate English speaking sound like American English.
Indonesians look like they have good English pronunciation. Is English taught in schools as a compulsory subject? Even if it isn't, I don't think Indonesians will find it difficult to learn English as you share the same Latin script.

Back
Top Bottom