What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

No.
In Pakistan there is no lower or upper cast system. Some people call themselves Chamar, so they are Chamar, usually Christians.
Ehh, I know man. Upper castes are Khatri/Shaikhs, Rajputs then Jats, Gujjar, Arain etc these also define the land ownership in most cases. Anyways, it's another topic.

No.
In Pakistan there is no lower or upper cast system. Some people call themselves Chamar, so they are Chamar, usually Christians.

Cast system is curse and Pakistan is equably bad if not worst than India.

Look around and find how many Khatri/Shaikhs, Rajputs, Jats, Shahs, Syeds, Akhunds girl marrying to Lohris, Lachhis, lohar, tarkhan, mochi, mirasi, chooray, chamar, masalis, Bhajeer boys and Boy survived lynching?

Pakistan HRC:
According to media monitoring conducted by volunteers of the Human Rights Commission of Pakistan (HRCP), in 2017, 73 people were the victims of honour killings because of their choice of spouse (HRCP n.d.a). In 2018, that number was 24 (HRCP n.d.b).

Last edited:
I was somehow reminded of Mithun Chakraborty's songs. It seems he was popular in the USSR.

The Punjabi language reminded me of that superb Punjabi song you had posted - 'Khaab'. I would love to understand all of its lyrics.

Take a look at 'Khaab' above. I think you will like the girl - Nisha Pameh.

---

A nice song from the 60s - 'Isharon Ishron Me' from the film Kashmir Ki Kali. Nice song, nice acting.

---

@Cliftonite @RealNapster @Zibago @TheGreatMaratha

Yeah... Just like Raj Kapoor, Mithun too is very popular in USSR.... But this song or movie doesn't have Mithun.... Its Dilip Kumar starer movie and in this song heroin is Padmini Kolhapure....

Did a binge listening round.

1. Soumya Chakraborty singing 'Yaad Piya Ki Aaye' in his audition round in Indian Idol Season 10.

2. Soumya Chakraborty singing again with 'Rim Jhim Gire Saawan' in Indian Idol Season 10. The monsoon is almost here in South India.

3. Renu Nagar singing 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo' in her audition round in Indian Idol Season 10.

4. Renu Nagar singing 'Dil Na Milte To Mulaqaat Adhuri Rahati' in a stage performance.

5. Another rain song. An old Hollywood film song 'Singing In The Rain'.

---

@Cliftonite @Naofumi @Zibago @RealNapster @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha

@jamahir @Cliftonite
Any anime you have watched?

I've never watched anime.

Did a binge listening round.

1. Soumya Chakraborty singing 'Yaad Piya Ki Aaye' in his audition round in Indian Idol Season 10.

2. Soumya Chakraborty singing again with 'Rim Jhim Gire Saawan' in Indian Idol Season 10. The monsoon is almost here in South India.

3. Renu Nagar singing 'Aaj Jaane Ki Zidd Na Karo' in her audition round in Indian Idol Season 10.

4. Renu Nagar singing 'Dil Na Milte To Mulaqaat Adhuri Rahati' in a stage performance.

5. Another rain song. An old Hollywood film song 'Singing In The Rain'.

---

@Cliftonite @Naofumi @Zibago @RealNapster @vishwambhar @TheGreatMaratha

Yaad piya ki aaye just reminds me of Falguni Pathak's Yaad piya ki aane lagi

Yaad piya ki aaye just reminds me of Falguni Pathak's Yaad piya ki aane lagi

90s. Said to be innocent times though I was quite young then.

Ah, the pretty Riya Sen.

Another two songs whose titles are similar are 'Bheegi Bheegi Raaton Main' - one sung by Adnan Sami and the other which has the model Niketan Madhok. Again both 90s songs.

Whats up with the as the illegal weapon of UP?

It's easy to obtain local made 'Katta' there.

Is this talk from another thread ?

Back
Top Bottom