What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

1. 'Ka Karoon Sajani Aaye Na Baalam' sung by Saumya Chakraborty in Indian Idol Season 10. This is one of the best songs I have listened to in talent shows. It feels like a professional studio recording. Great singing and great musicians. A classical style song. This YouTube copy is shorter but is nice nonetheless.

2. 'Yaad Piya Ki Aaye' again sung by Saumya Chakraborty in Indian Idol Season 10. This was his audition song and impressed the judges a lot.

3. 'Rozana' from the film Naam Shabana, sung by the voluptuous Indira Das in Indian Idol Season 10. Nicely sung.

4. 'Rozana' the original song from the film Naam Shabana. Nice song.

---
@TheGreatMaratha @vishwambhar @Naofumi @SIPRA @Mentee

1. 'Ka Karoon Sajani Aaye Na Baalam' sung by Saumya Chakraborty in Indian Idol Season 10. This is one of the best songs I have listened to in talent shows. It feels like a professional studio recording. Great singing and great musicians. A classical style song. This YouTube copy is shorter but is nice nonetheless.

2. 'Yaad Piya Ki Aaye' again sung by Saumya Chakraborty in Indian Idol Season 10. This was his audition song and impressed the judges a lot.

3. 'Rozana' from the film Naam Shabana, sung by the voluptuous Indira Das in Indian Idol Season 10. Nicely sung.

---

Yaad piya ki ane lagi used to be one of my top favorite song... this song had shaken up the whole nation in its time.... parties, marriages everywhere you go and you hear this song that time.. ..

Yaad piya ki ane lagi used to be one of my top favorite song... this song had shaken up the whole nation in its time.... parties, marriages everywhere you go and you hear this song that time.. ..

Yeah, I know that song by Falguni Pathak. This is the one.

But how did you like the classical style 'Yaad Piya Ki Aaye' I linked before ?

---
EMIWAY-MEIN (OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO)

Also, this borderline fascist song have some goosebumps lyrics
The HU - Yuve Yuve Yu (Official Music Video)

Last edited:
Well, rap was never my type of music.

Hmm, throat singing. And I don't think the lyrics were fascist. They were more nationalist, looking back to a great past.

And do you know what that string instrument is ?

By the way, you didn't write your reaction to my playlist.
Good, I like the Rozana by that Indian Idol girl.

---
Saumya Chakraborty looks like a talented singer. I personally don't watch Indian Idol or any Hindi reality TV show for that matter. I agree that 'Ka Karoon Sajani Aaye Na Baalam' is the best of these 4 songs. Both renditions of Rozana are good but liked the actual film song. Gosh, didn't even know that there is a film called Naam Shabana with Akshay Kumar starring in it with Taapsee Pannu lol.

Singer: Swapnil Bandodkar, Bela Shende
Music Director: Avinash Vishwajeet
Lyrics Writer: Satish Rajwade, Shrirang Godbole

I agree that 'Ka Karoon Sajani Aaye Na Baalam' is the best of these 4 songs.

Found the long version of 'Ka Karoon Sajani Aaye Na Baalam' sung by Saumya Chakraborty in Indian Idol Season 10. Again, this is one of the best songs I have listened to in talent shows. It feels like a professional studio recording or a live concert.

Saumya Chakraborty looks like a talented singer.

He is.

Anu Malik said in his comments after the end of the song that Saumya is the first Indian classical rock star. And I think the credit should also go to whoever composed the music for this particular performance. A classical song mixed with modernist music.

I personally don't watch Indian Idol or any Hindi reality TV show for that matter.

Please do watch this current repeat of Indian Idol Season 10 on Sony channel at 9 PM Mon-Fri. It is worth it.

Both renditions of Rozana are good but liked the actual film song.

Yeah, the film song is longer and better.

Gosh, didn't even know that there is a film called Naam Shabana with Akshay Kumar starring in it with Taapsee Pannu lol.

I had read of it in the newspaper or maybe on the PVR Cinemas website. I thought it was interesting but couldn't go watch it.

Singer: Swapnil Bandodkar, Bela Shende
Music Director: Avinash Vishwajeet
Lyrics Writer: Satish Rajwade, Shrirang Godbole

Swapnil Joshi was fat in 2013. :lol:

I am now going to watch Indian Idol.

He is.

Anu Malik said in his comments after the end of the song that Saumya is the first Indian classical rock star. And I think the credit should also go to whoever composed the music for this particular performance. A classical song mixed with modernist music.
Has he got the opportunity to sing some professional songs in Bollywood or something?
Please do watch this current repeat of Indian Idol Season 10 on Sony channel at 9 PM Mon-Fri. It is worth it.
I am not a fan of reality shows. I can watch comedy shows but not singing shows. In fact, I hardly watch any Hindi channels. I mostly watch sports, news or other channels like Epic, Discovery, etc.
You really know him? He isn't a Bollywood actor. And he is slightly fatter even now. Last I saw him was in 'Samantar' which was quite interesting.

Found the long version of 'Ka Karoon Sajani Aaye Na Baalam' sung by Saumya Chakraborty in Indian Idol Season 10. Again, this is one of the best songs I have listened to in talent shows. It feels like a professional studio recording or a live concert.

He is.

Yeah, the film song is longer and better.

I had read of it in the newspaper or maybe on the PVR Cinemas website. I thought it was interesting but couldn't go watch it.

I am now going to watch Indian Idol.
You get these Marathi songs?

Back
Top Bottom