What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

It gives you rest though lol
I have that feeling with "One" :D

Yeah but One has lyrics to it....so it kinda works given its about all kind of mess your mind, body and soul go through because of ravages of war.

Johnny got his gun is a $#%$# messed up movie that crushed my soul BTW, dunno if you seen it (it was basis for this song).

Bol Pakya - (Say it Pakya)

Singer: Avadhoot Gupte
Music Director: Dr Saleel Kulkarni
Lyrics: Sandeep Khare

Check this one where you can hear the 'sur' without any background music.

I hear a faint veena in the background but as you said, she has a nice voice and the sur comes out very well.

What is the song about ?? And what does she say at the end ??

Also, the song's melody reminded of the Hindi song 'Kismat se tum humko mile ho' from the film Pukar.

I hear a faint veena in the background but as you said, she has a nice voice and the sur comes out very well.

What is the song about ?? And what does she say at the end ??

Also, the song's melody reminded of the Hindi song 'Kismat se tum humko mile ho' from the film Pukar.
Yeah, there is a faint veena in the background but it's not adding anything to the song as such.

It's a romantic love song. At the end, she thanks everyone for supporting her and congratulating her on the newly released song.

I listened to 'Kismat se tum humko mile ho' and it's quite good but to be honest, I didn't find the tune matching. If you are talking about the way of singing, then you could be slightly right but again it's not the same. For reference, this is the original song which is actually a serial title song. If you hear this, you'll understand that the song is completely different.

Because both the compositions are based upon or strongly influenced by Raga Bhimpalasi.
I admit I don't know too many details of music so I can't comment on it.

I admit I don't know too many details of music so I can't comment on it.

Within a Raga, you can create compositions, which are totally different from each other and a common listener would not be mostly able to discern the underlying unity. The referred two songs are influenced by Raga Bhimpalasi. @jamahir subconsciously recognized that underlying basis.

Last edited:
Within a Raga, you can create compositions, which are totally different from each other and a common listener would not be able to discern the underlying unity. The referred two songs are influenced by Raga Bhimpalasi. @jamahir subconsciously recognized that underlying basis.
Interesting and thanks for the info.

Mala Sanga Sukh Mhanje Nakki Kay Asta

Music : Ashok Patki
Lyrics : Shrirang Godbole
Singer : Prashant Damle

@jamahir

This Indonesian singer has high tone similar like many Indian female singer have, the song melody is also quite beautiful and I think you will like song like this.

The first Indonesian singer who go international

Anggun C. Sasmi

Back
Top Bottom