What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

My little playlist for you for today. Click on the blue text to listen to the song :

1. Agar mujhse mohabbat hai from the film Aap ki parchaiyan. The song originally is beautiful but yesterday I watched one re-run episode of the singing talent show Superstar Singer in which the contestants Nishta Sharma and Sneha Shankar sang this song. The original song is solo but these two girls sang it, some times together and some times one solo paragraph. They sang it very beautifully. I have linked the original song.

2. Saawan ke jhoole pade from the film Jurmana. It rained here today so the song seems apt.

3. Chale jaana zara thehero from the film Around the world.

---
@RealNapster @Mentee @vishwambhar @Moonlight @SIPRA
---

Aarya Ambekar is a beautiful woman. A classic Indian beauty. I watched the vid for her but since I don't have headphones atm I don't know how she sounds. One of the comments from a woman says that she has a nice voice.

Does she sing Hindi romantic songs as well ??
My mom loves listening to old Hindi songs. Name any song, she can tell the actor, actress, movie, etc. I think many people of the older generation knew all these things. I earlier used to hate old songs but over time I have started appreciating the simplicity and beauty in their melodies.

Among my favorite Hindi songs will always be 'Aane Wala Pal' and 'Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jaye'.

My mom loves listening to old Hindi songs. Name any song, she can tell the actor, actress, movie, etc.

That's very good. Not many people can do that. Among these few people you can find some in the comments section of these songs' YouTube pages.

And our own @SIPRA is knowledgeable about the singers, composers and raags of these songs.

I earlier used to hate old songs but over time I have started appreciating the simplicity and beauty in their melodies.

:tup:

Until some years ago I used to listen to All India Radio Vividh Bharati FM service and that is how I chanced upon many old Hindi songs.

From now on I will tag you in my playlists on this thread.

Among my favorite Hindi songs will always be 'Aane Wala Pal' and 'Kahin Door Jab Din Dhal Jaye'.

Good choice. And Golmaal was a good film, especially the acting of the late Utpal Dutt.

Until some years ago I used to listen to All India Radio Vividh Bharati FM service and that is how I chanced upon many old Hindi songs.
That's how I came across old Hindi songs as well hehe. Not that I used to like them earlier, but the radio was always on at night. Slowly, my taste grew for them.
Good choice. And Golmaal was a good film, especially the acting of the late Utpal Dutt.
Yeah, Golmaal was good, even Chupke Chupke. Loved Amitabh's early acting in Chupke Chupke and Dharmendra too was fantastic.

Yeah, Golmaal was good, even Chupke Chupke. Loved Amitabh's early acting in Chupke Chupke and Dharmendra too was fantastic.

The director of these films, Hrishikesh Mukherjee, made nice comedy films that were realistic.

And speaking of Chupke Chupke I like one of the songs from that film. Maybe you know it. Chupke chupke chal re purvaiya.

Yes. Utpal Dutt was a very fine comic actor. Another one in the same category was Om Prakash.

Yes. Utpal Dutt was a very fine comic actor. Another one in the same category was Om Prakash.

Yes, natural and understated kind of comedy they portrayed, unlike the loud and cringey type portrayed by say Johnny Lever.

Yes, natural and understated kind of comedy they portrayed, unlike the loud and cringey type portrayed by say Johnny Lever.

I think that Johnny Lever is a follower of Johnny Walker (Badruddin Jamaluddin Kazi), in comic acting.:lol:

Last edited:
The director of these films, Hrishikesh Mukherjee, made nice comedy films that were realistic.

And speaking of Chupke Chupke I like one of the songs from that film. Maybe you know it. Chupke chupke chal re purvaiya.
Woah, you have way more knowledge about films than me. If he's the same director for Golmaal and Chupke Chupke, then yes I definitely like him. Keeps it simple and has light comedy.

I think Johnny Lever is a decent actor. You can't do anything if the director wants you to act in a particular way. His eyes conveyed a lot though lol. Reminds me of Muralitharan.

They were the youth, a faith who didn't pray
Young ones from the hood came back another day
Told the old ones you're wasting you time
"Time, what you know 'bout that?" the old ones replied
Life's like a parking lot, products don't help a lot
Hoping they listen and wise up before they drop
Prayed for them to mend their brains
For the twig and the sky and every grain
For the hood grown soon, the streets to look too
Oughta to be cool, oughta to be true
Occasionally there would be one who come through
Fused to the sky and became one so…

[Waqas]
So, so, so, so, so, so, fresh
Half the youth won't settle for less
Wait slow down you pace for a minute
Life ain't even started you already up in it
Ain't worth to giving in parts in it
Stuck in the brain, stuck in the fame
Stuck in the mind frame stuck in the paradigm
No changing lanes, hear me
Can I get a witness? Lord I'm in the midst of shit
And I know its getting too much
Ain't filling the cup, cause I've had enough
And I fear for my son these streets stay tough
Once in a while there will be one who comes through
And I hope that its you… you, you, you

[Chorus]
I know it seems…
Like just a dream…
I try to reach but someone's got to believe
Sometimes it seems
So hard to see…
I know, I know someday we'll all be free

[Lenny]
Qué, qué, qué, qué, qué, qué miedo
Perder este fuego de fuego
Sentir el dolor que me niego
Nunca saber lo que entrego
Tambaleo buscando salida
Pero mi sombra pesa, mi sombra carga
Mi alma herida, so la mano que me mata
So la mano que me falta

[Isam]
They became men, of good, good men
Who been gangsters so long they walk like kings
Under the streetlights, they raise their arms
Hear us, too much pain on earth
No place to store with, we drown or burning
Six by ten prison cells we've earned
Fused to the sky and became one so true…

[Chorus]
I know it seems…
Like just a dream…
Sometimes it seems
So hard to see…

[Bridge]
Ser libre, libre, de todo lo que no sere
Someday we'll all be free…
Ser libre, libre, de todo lo que me a da
A veces el mundo me mata

[Isam]
Like you wanted to bring life to me
My dead life like dead soil you bring water to
Busy watching DVD's 24/7
Ain't even time for the D.A.D.'s going to heaven
There was the method of dealing
A fine method if you lived in the hood
Was done with smooth measure
On the corner everybody was, hustling
Worrying about the cause, trembling
So much that wanted the angels to stop crying
Keep struggling we'll support you
You're gonna make mistakes still support you
When you make mistakes we'll be there for you
Fused to the sky and became one so true…

[Chorus]
I know it seems…
Like just a dream…
Sometimes it seems
So hard to see…

Ser libre, libre, Someday
Ser libre, libre, Someday

Rang Maliyela - from Anandi Gopal

Singer: Ketaki Mategaonkar & Sharayu Date
Music: HRISHIKESH - SAURABH - JASRAJ
Lyricist: Vaibhav Joshi

12 years old Angelina Jordan sings the great Elivs Pressley " Welcome To My Wolrd " & out does him---just simply and amazing and out of this world voice:---

Its one of the all time greatest buildups, but it leaves me frustrated how they do the weird transition to the 2nd bit ....which I don't like much at all.

I feel they should have just sustained the first half theme all the way thru the song. It is so damn good!

Musical theory: A bass guitar cannot be a lead instrument!
Metallica: *Smiles, shakes head* at silly puny theory

Back
Top Bottom