What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Good old days , they dont make music like they used to , i am a huge fan of the 70s and 80s .

LOL.

I love the way you kids freak out on our music. Like my daughter (exactly the age of the two of you) freaking out on The Wall - I heard Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and it was mind-blowing. Earlier, the music was great, but this was something else; CCR was clean, bubble-gum stuff - I still listen to them, it's like listening to the Beach Boys, or like listening to Scatman John, or even to the start of things, to ragtime, Scott Joplin. By our time, the Beatles and even their bad-boy counterparts the Stones were kind of palling a bit, drugs weren't the scene but people were tripping on Afghan stuff - in the 60s and part of the 70s, Afghan was not the dark place it is today. I was lucky, IIMC had a great music room, until some daft idiot painted it black inside and mucked it up totally, we had all the music the heart could want, and evenings, it was wall-to-wall bodies, flaked out, listening....

LOL.

I love the way you kids freak out on our music. Like my daughter (exactly the age of the two of you) freaking out on The Wall - I heard Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and it was mind-blowing. Earlier, the music was great, but this was something else; CCR was clean, bubble-gum stuff - I still listen to them, it's like listening to the Beach Boys, or like listening to Scatman John, or even to the start of things, to ragtime, Scott Joplin. By our time, the Beatles and even their bad-boy counterparts the Stones were kind of palling a bit, drugs weren't the scene but people were tripping on Afghan stuff - in the 60s and part of the 70s, Afghan was not the dark place it is today. I was lucky, IIMC had a great music room, until some daft idiot painted it black inside and mucked it up totally, we had all the music the heart could want, and evenings, it was wall-to-wall bodies, flaked out, listening....
your daughter i believe is four years younger to me :)

20190205_212732.jpg

I heard Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and it was mind-blowing.

You haven't quite listened to it....unless you are out splayed on a snowy roof...lieing gazing at clear dark sky with this pumping in your ears....closing your eyes whenever you feel like. All sources of light and distraction shut out...let the soul and mind do their thing!

That is my soul reset I do each year-end/year-start (whenever the first major snow falls) as somewhat of a tradition now after first trying it long ago....the ending (Eclipse) is just indescribable! What a thing their (original band) mate Syd inspired in them all...that my friend is the deepest brotherhood...and it will stay forever and everlasting.

Found this instrumental of the same some time back, that I have on one my easy listening (specifically curated) collections when I am driving:

@Avicenna @KAL-EL @Hamartia Antidote @jamahir @Vergennes @VCheng @Gomig-21 @jbgt90

You haven't quite listened to it....unless you are out splayed on a snowy roof...lieing gazing at clear dark sky with this pumping in your ears....closing your eyes whenever you feel like. All sources of light and distraction shut out...let the soul and mind do their thing!

That is my soul reset I do each year-end/year-start (whenever the first major snow falls) as somewhat of a tradition now after first trying it long ago....the ending (Eclipse) is just indescribable! What a thing their (original band) mate Syd inspired in them all...that my friend is the deepest brotherhood...and it will stay forever and everlasting.

Found this instrumental of the same some time back, that I have on one my easy listening (specifically curated) collections when I am driving:

@Avicenna @KAL-EL @Hamartia Antidote @jamahir @Vergennes @VCheng @Gomig-21 @jbgt90

I have brain cancer now...thank you....your evil plan has worked :D

This reminds me of PDF :lol:

@Pan-Islamic-Pakistan @M. Sarmad @I.R.A after all that serious discussion, I thought a change of scenery was needed :cheers:.

@Nilgiri @Joe Shearer Now that's a song :azn:. It effectively cured the brain cancer caused by ^video :partay:

Last edited:
Serious? I haven't shaken you yet. Come prepared and I will give you a tour of narrations and their real intent. :cheers:

He won't be able to handle it, bro
nor will the PDF management allow it :lol:
Idea drop ker do :D

Serious? I haven't shaken you yet. Come prepared and I will give you a tour of narrations and their real intent. :cheers:

:lol: Shaken? By the likes of you guys...never :D

Drop as much pearls of wisdom you want to. All will be displayed at my shop for the buyer to buy & inspect. ;)

He won't be able to handle it, bro

Check above.

nor will the PDF management allow it :lol:

We have been talking for quite a while & I'm ok with taking it a up a bit more notches. Management doesn't care as long as we're not trolling.

This is a bit of gay but I like the song :undecided:

Back
Top Bottom