What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

More later.

I propose we move this to the "whatever thread" or some other such. This is the music thread after all.

Is @Nilgiri a closet leftist, forced to conceal his alignment and beliefs due to pressure from in-vogue, politically correct leftists haranguing him on PDF?

This is the classical liberal vs neo-liberal fight in a nutshell. Yes I count myself as classical liberal in many ways still (its not really all too different from classical conservative either). As they say, if you were not on the "left" when you were young...you have no heart....if you are not on the "right" when you have grown up...you have no brain. ;)

Now I wonder WHO those 'they' could be.

Oh just regular working class people who have voted democrat all their lives (many also voted Hillary this time around too)....as the democrat party of the bulk of their lives aligned with their classical liberal views much more than the country club Republican party.

I meet them through various channels, mostly the music (share + discuss) world funnily enough but also work related and random meetings or friends of friends, families etc....given thats all the sort of thing that brings people together a lot rather than divide them...and then we meander to other topics and develop links and bonds.

I present to you 3 of them (a, b and c)..TIFWIW...there are many many more but I would rather flesh 3 out a bit:

a) People like the fella who has to drive two kids to school each day (Portland OR), and has to shield their eyes when there is a homeless person taking a dump on the grass median of the road...thanks to the more recent far left taking over the city politics (after the long long unbroken, unchallenged tenure of the democrats since forever)...and then the kids to add insult to injury are taught to hate themselves for being of a certain race and gender....and this fella has to un-doctrinate them the best he can, he can't afford private school...he (and wife) are working two shifts as it is to make ends meet AND pay for the big leftie state govt leaching off of them....and stopping any fresh investment to provide a better job security....given they control all the leaders of the trade union he is forced to be part of to have a job in first place. Yay for dialogue/debate in land of the 1st amendment!

b) Or maybe the fella I met and struck up a friendship with (through his son who I was trying to poach for my company at that time and succeeded only a lot later) when I visited Michigan (and few other states of the "Rust belt") who had such hope for Jimmy Carter presidency in his youth, yet ended up respecting Reagan (who he disagreed with mostly) as well.

A well respected tool and die guy, worked for Ford all his career....has a finger to the wind on what the working class sentiments are in the area....a big proponent of there being something special in the water of Michigan for the great music talent the State has produced over any other (in his opinion). But he couldn't for the life of him help wondering why Hillary didn't visit his area even ONCE to explain what she was going to do for his folks (so they could at least judge on what she delivered in the end)....why did she treat them as guaranteed vote INSPITE of him and others literally begging her campaign to get over there and address the concerns they saw building up in the disgruntled laid off masses....that were given the silent ear by Obama too (after his whole "change" campaign in 08). Like he said to me as he took me on tour of some of the hollowed out factories that once made this area produce HALF the output of automobiles for the world...."you don't quite understand what the rust belt is, till you have seen and smelled the inside of its once-proud titan fossils for yourself". He will not be voting for the democrats or anyone ever again...and I believe him.

He told me each day he would drive down a certain road, he would see a certain Bernie supporter's house that stood out in its signage "VOTE BERNIE"....and it stayed up there even after Hillary (and cabal) rigged the primary, ignored the underlying reasons that brought out Bernie support completely and felt/assumed somehow all these people that did vote Obama would vote for her at beck and call without doing anything to earn it from them. Well he drove past that house after Nov 8th and the signage of that house simply read "WE WON". You have to be from here to understand :-)

c) Then there are people like the woman who voted democrat all her life, both her parents having marched with Martin Luther King...proudly BEHIND the US flag (for that was the symbol of the great potential to be realised). A woman sadly that has had to bury her son draped in that flag forever...for he fought for the flag and country and paid the ultimate sacrifice for it. Yet now this woman has to see the democrat party she supported so long and so strongly....get on the side of "Black lives matter" who have hijacked the message of the civil rights movement to frequently something quite perverse (reverse racism and grand identity politics...everything against what Mr. King stood for when he said "content of character over colour of your skin")....and then add to that the neo-democrat (because of far left take over) support towards those that disrespect the US flag, that her son died for.

There is a reason these spectacles the dems and their overpaid celebrity/athlete hacks do...keep away military families from the microphone to have just one narrative in the stadium where they do this buffoonery. They would not like to hear what they have to say...nope not one bit.

Really really easy to "take a knee" when you have millions of dollars each year and legions of fans that idolize you and in your ego you want to show them you can even disrespect a symbol that means something deep to so many...and still have all of that....because thats apparently freedom. But the Media and dems say its soooo hard to do, that such people are "heroes"....and the echo chamber nods dully and claps in blind applause.

Not so easy to support that when you lost a son... that barely anyone knows his name, certainly didnt earn millions each year and all you have left of him is that flag he fought for. I still tear up sometimes when I think of all she (and her hubby) told me about it. It speaks to me on whole different plane...I'm sure it does for you too.

You see such people do not fundamentally like being taken for granted just because they voted all their life as classical liberals (when the Republican party was far more snobbish and country club like to them)....street fighter "rough and tough" "pro working class" Democrats like Joe Biden and Jerry Brown really spoke to them...(who have now been turned and laundered into far left muppets too). Like take illegal immigration vs open borders issue. There was full bipartisan consensus with the democrats funding precisely (under Clinton and Obama) what they simply refuse to fund now. People aren't as stupid as the democrats think they are to forget this....and what it means to working class wages in the end (using the original Democrat messaging itself like that of Cesar Chavez).

It is made all too clear what kind of people are hijacking the democrat party now....people that will not tolerate any dialogue at all...given you can just throw insults like "racist" and "sexist" now and "win". I encourage you to watch/flick thru this video to get what I mean:

The poignant part for me is when Nuance bro finally does get to have a serious discussion (away from the anti-dialogue ANTIFA types) 1 on 1 with that black lady at the end and the kind of thing that I also gleam from lot of traditional democrats (who WANT to talk and explain and are not so young, brash and ignorant) surfaces around the 20.35 mark....yet during the demonstration she would have guaranteed been assumed by the ANTIFA types there (attacking, shoving and preventing nuance bro from having any dialogue) to be someone that blindly supports full repeal of the 2nd amendment.

This is case in point for me. The people that can think for themselves, have common sense and put personal responsibility and self-improvement FIRST (and practice what they preach....say unlike those that shout "global warming" and "open borders" from their gated complexes which they leave only to take holidays on private jets)....I do not care if they identify as left or right or centre, liberal or conservative.....they are fundamentally people I can have a dialogue and compromise with. The new left/far left are people that do not want to have any dialogue at all. It is a mistake of the democrat party to pander to them as a base. They will learn it the hard way again if this is the route they persist with.

Because such people forget where America came from and what it was founded upon...that a man must be responsible for himself first and foremost before preaching responsibility for others (why you think the wild west stories are so fundamentally appealing?). The classical liberals, classical conservatives etc ALL get this....the far-left and their emotional lackeys have this fundamentally reversed and think (in their ego and insidious hijacking of the traditional narrative channels) they can pull this off (sometimes posing as the "alt-right" too). Little do they know the real nuanced America and its sheer bulk.

This is music thread and I have posted way too much here without an accompaniment for it.....so let me rectify that now (and I hope we can move this to another more appropriate thread for the discussion part)....it's the true message found deep in this song by Bocephus (given the old country roots many even in Urban-for-generations do acknowledge at some level if they are fair/responsible enough to themselves and their history)....as much as his dad was overall the better musician, Junior did surpass his dad's zenith in some ways in this one:

I mean you tell me yourself Joe Saab, where are the toughest most resilient and grounded folks found in India? The big cities....or the towns and villages? :-) ...its not too hard to think why they are picked upon and ridiculed by those that want to strip identity, culture and nationhood...to form some conceptual brave new world that only exists in their head if that. This is not exclusive to any country, its quite a common and ever-present thing in the end.

@VCheng @Hamartia Antidote @Gomig-21 @RabzonKhan @Desert Fox @KAL-EL @Vibrio @scorpionx @jbgt90 @Indus Pakistan @Vergennes @TexasJohn @James Jaevid

In fact @OsmanAli98 might be interesting guy for you to talk with at some point deeply Joe...he has worked for both "sides" political campaigns :dirol:

This is music thread and I have posted way too much here without an accompaniment for it.....so let me rectify that now (and I hope we can move this to another more appropriate thread for the discussion part).

Great post, which I look forward to seeding a new thread of its own.

For what it's worth I was extremely left leaning in my younger years and over the decades moved right but even today I would regard myself at about centre. And on gun control. My views are simple -

• A guy has bad day. He goes nuts, Guns he kills 10. No gun he knives two.
  • Two guys clash. Guns two or one dead. No gun two guys beat each other to pulp and end up in hospital.
  • Guns don't kill. People do. RPG does not kill. People do. Grenades don't kill. People do.
  • Knives have many uses. A kitchen needs a knife. Guns are for killing. That is their sole reason for existence. Kill.

For what it's worth I was extremely left leaning in my younger years and over the decades moved right but even today I would regard myself at about centre. And on gun control. My views are simple -

• A guy has bad day. He goes nuts, Guns he kills 10. No gun he knives two.
  • Two guys clash. Guns two or one dead. No gun two guys beat each other to pulp and end up in hospital.
  • Guns don't kill. People do. RPG does not kill. People do. Grenades don't kill. People do.
  • Knives have many uses. A kitchen needs a knife. Guns are for killing. That is their sole reason for existence. Kill.

Well the bigger point is there are people that want to talk about this stuff and come to compromise (since they see the value of compromise in first place)....and those that dont (and where these sorts are pooling into right now).

For example in the US specifically...the total gun deaths (incl suicides) and massacre frequency is talked about in skewed way in the legacy media (to correlate with the 2nd amendment somehow)...the number 35,000 etc

....but such things as the 300,000 - 2 million lives SAVED each year by gun possession (CDC study) is repressed in the debate there....especially when cross correlated with the actual details in who and what's responsible for most gun deaths (inner city shootings because of drug/gang warfare...people who largely end up having guns despite the "gun free zone" legislation there).

This is all too frequently the reason why the actual quality debate moves to other platforms as a result (social, online media etc)...and also why the legacy media bigwig elite types now are honing in on controlling those kind of platforms with their politically collect diktat...and the cycle renews.

... the old adage of squeezing harder and harder...the more oozes out between the fingers.

I propose we move this to the "whatever thread" or some other such. This is the music thread after all.

This is the classical liberal vs neo-liberal fight in a nutshell. Yes I count myself as classical liberal in many ways still (its not really all too different from classical conservative either). As they say, if you were not on the "left" when you were young...you have no heart....if you are not on the "right" when you have grown up...you have no brain. ;)

Oh just regular working class people who have voted democrat all their lives (many also voted Hillary this time around too)....as the democrat party of the bulk of their lives aligned with their classical liberal views much more than the country club Republican party.

I meet them through various channels, mostly the music (share + discuss) world funnily enough but also work related and random meetings or friends of friends, families etc....given thats all the sort of thing that brings people together a lot rather than divide them...and then we meander to other topics and develop links and bonds.

I present to you 3 of them (a, b and c)..TIFWIW...there are many many more but I would rather flesh 3 out a bit:

a) People like the fella who has to drive two kids to school each day (Portland OR), and has to shield their eyes when there is a homeless person taking a dump on the grass median of the road...thanks to the more recent far left taking over the city politics (after the long long unbroken, unchallenged tenure of the democrats since forever)...and then the kids to add insult to injury are taught to hate themselves for being of a certain race and gender....and this fella has to un-doctrinate them the best he can, he can't afford private school...he (and wife) are working two shifts as it is to make ends meet AND pay for the big leftie state govt leaching off of them....and stopping any fresh investment to provide a better job security....given they control all the leaders of the trade union he is forced to be part of to have a job in first place. Yay for dialogue/debate in land of the 1st amendment!

b) Or maybe the fella I met and struck up a friendship with (through his son who I was trying to poach for my company at that time and succeeded only a lot later) when I visited Michigan (and few other states of the "Rust belt") who had such hope for Jimmy Carter presidency in his youth, yet ended up respecting Reagan (who he disagreed with mostly) as well.

A well respected tool and die guy, worked for Ford all his career....has a finger to the wind on what the working class sentiments are in the area....a big proponent of there being something special in the water of Michigan for the great music talent the State has produced over any other (in his opinion). But he couldn't for the life of him help wondering why Hillary didn't visit his area even ONCE to explain what she was going to do for his folks (so they could at least judge on what she delivered in the end)....why did she treat them as guaranteed vote INSPITE of him and others literally begging her campaign to get over there and address the concerns they saw building up in the disgruntled laid off masses....that were given the silent ear by Obama too (after his whole "change" campaign in 08). Like he said to me as he took me on tour of some of the hollowed out factories that once made this area produce HALF the output of automobiles for the world...."you don't quite understand what the rust belt is, till you have seen and smelled the inside of its once-proud titan fossils for yourself". He will not be voting for the democrats or anyone ever again...and I believe him.

He told me each day he would drive down a certain road, he would see a certain Bernie supporter's house that stood out in its signage "VOTE BERNIE"....and it stayed up there even after Hillary (and cabal) rigged the primary, ignored the underlying reasons that brought out Bernie support completely and felt/assumed somehow all these people that did vote Obama would vote for her at beck and call without doing anything to earn it from them. Well he drove past that house after Nov 8th and the signage of that house simply read "WE WON". You have to be from here to understand :-)

c) Then there are people like the woman who voted democrat all her life, both her parents having marched with Martin Luther King...proudly BEHIND the US flag (for that was the symbol of the great potential to be realised). A woman sadly that has had to bury her son draped in that flag forever...for he fought for the flag and country and paid the ultimate sacrifice for it. Yet now this woman has to see the democrat party she supported so long and so strongly....get on the side of "Black lives matter" who have hijacked the message of the civil rights movement to frequently something quite perverse (reverse racism and grand identity politics...everything against what Mr. King stood for when he said "content of character over colour of your skin")....and then add to that the neo-democrat (because of far left take over) support towards those that disrespect the US flag, that her son died for.

There is a reason these spectacles the dems and their overpaid celebrity/athlete hacks do...keep away military families from the microphone to have just one narrative in the stadium where they do this buffoonery. They would not like to hear what they have to say...nope not one bit.

Really really easy to "take a knee" when you have millions of dollars each year and legions of fans that idolize you and in your ego you want to show them you can even disrespect a symbol that means something deep to so many...and still have all of that....because thats apparently freedom. But the Media and dems say its soooo hard to do, that such people are "heroes"....and the echo chamber nods dully and claps in blind applause.

Not so easy to support that when you lost a son... that barely anyone knows his name, certainly didnt earn millions each year and all you have left of him is that flag he fought for. I still tear up sometimes when I think of all she (and her hubby) told me about it. It speaks to me on whole different plane...I'm sure it does for you too.

You see such people do not fundamentally like being taken for granted just because they voted all their life as classical liberals (when the Republican party was far more snobbish and country club like to them)....street fighter "rough and tough" "pro working class" Democrats like Joe Biden and Jerry Brown really spoke to them...(who have now been turned and laundered into far left muppets too). Like take illegal immigration vs open borders issue. There was full bipartisan consensus with the democrats funding precisely (under Clinton and Obama) what they simply refuse to fund now. People aren't as stupid as the democrats think they are to forget this....and what it means to working class wages in the end (using the original Democrat messaging itself like that of Cesar Chavez).

It is made all too clear what kind of people are hijacking the democrat party now....people that will not tolerate any dialogue at all...given you can just throw insults like "racist" and "sexist" now and "win". I encourage you to watch/flick thru this video to get what I mean:

The poignant part for me is when Nuance bro finally does get to have a serious discussion (away from the anti-dialogue ANTIFA types) 1 on 1 with that black lady at the end and the kind of thing that I also gleam from lot of traditional democrats (who WANT to talk and explain and are not so young, brash and ignorant) surfaces around the 20.35 mark....yet during the demonstration she would have guaranteed been assumed by the ANTIFA types there (attacking, shoving and preventing nuance bro from having any dialogue) to be someone that blindly supports full repeal of the 2nd amendment.

This is case in point for me. The people that can think for themselves, have common sense and put personal responsibility and self-improvement FIRST (and practice what they preach....say unlike those that shout "global warming" and "open borders" from their gated complexes which they leave only to take holidays on private jets)....I do not care if they identify as left or right or centre, liberal or conservative.....they are fundamentally people I can have a dialogue and compromise with. The new left/far left are people that do not want to have any dialogue at all. It is a mistake of the democrat party to pander to them as a base. They will learn it the hard way again if this is the route they persist with.

Because such people forget where America came from and what it was founded upon...that a man must be responsible for himself first and foremost before preaching responsibility for others (why you think the wild west stories are so fundamentally appealing?). The classical liberals, classical conservatives etc ALL get this....the far-left and their emotional lackeys have this fundamentally reversed and think (in their ego and insidious hijacking of the traditional narrative channels) they can pull this off (sometimes posing as the "alt-right" too). Little do they know the real nuanced America and its sheer bulk.

This is music thread and I have posted way too much here without an accompaniment for it.....so let me rectify that now (and I hope we can move this to another more appropriate thread for the discussion part)....it's the true message found deep in this song by Bocephus (given the old country roots many even in Urban-for-generations do acknowledge at some level if they are fair/responsible enough to themselves and their history)....as much as his dad was overall the better musician, Junior did surpass his dad's zenith in some ways in this one:

I mean you tell me yourself Joe Saab, where are the toughest most resilient and grounded folks found in India? The big cities....or the towns and villages? :-) ...its not too hard to think why they are picked upon and ridiculed by those that want to strip identity, culture and nationhood...to form some conceptual brave new world that only exists in their head if that. This is not exclusive to any country, its quite a common and ever-present thing in the end.

@VCheng @Hamartia Antidote @Gomig-21 @RabzonKhan @Desert Fox @KAL-EL @Vibrio @scorpionx @jbgt90 @Indus Pakistan @Vergennes @TexasJohn @James Jaevid

In fact @OsmanAli98 might be interesting guy for you to talk with at some point deeply Joe...he has worked for both "sides" political campaigns :dirol:

This needs a thread of its own, not to be in 'Whatever'.

You are the deep one, aren't you? About 250 years old, but perhaps still relevant today.
My quick comment, naturally in music - Johnny, I hardly knew ye! Obviously had to be this singer, who would be a new leftie today:

@OsmanAli98 ????? Well, blow me down!

@Hamartia Antidote its "your" kinda music again bud :D

*ducks in anticipation of projectile headed my way*

Have I got a song for you. From an old-time leftie who stayed an old-time leftie, to an old-time leftie (he says), who's a new-time realist, from my land, where a fakir sings to the chant of Hari Bol:

Too bad these folk don't really know who this guy is @Avicenna ...but dayum!...an all-time beatles song AND eddie spontaneously on a ukulele...LOL.

@Joe Shearer this is guy is about as far leftie as they come :P ...but I sure am a fan of lot of his music all the same!

Too bad these folk don't really know who this guy is @Avicenna ...but dayum!...an all-time beatles song AND eddie spontaneously on a ukulele...LOL.

[MEDIA[/MEDIA]

@Joe Shearer this is guy is about as far leftie as they come :P ...but I sure am a fan of lot of his music all the same!

Er....@Nilgiri, I do get that it's the singer, not the song; OTOH, I was listening to the Beatles as the 45s came out. We were school and college kids then; this was food and drink, and the smoky stuff as well.

Back
Top Bottom