What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

Everyday you love me less, each day I love you more
@Hell hound @django @The Sandman @Nilgiri @jamahir

LOL you are becoming something of a classical country fan now coz of yer gaming, who woulda thunk it :D

Heartache by the number has been covered by pretty much every (good) country singer I know esp from back in the day. Often a matter of "discussion" among country fans of who was best hehe...

Guy (original) version here is excellent, but I feel Waylon cover is best overall....some say Bing, Dwight or Willie did it best though. Depends on personal taste I guess.

As for Dion/Belmonts, they had some of the best consistent backing vocals ever seen (often the underappreciated but most important part of song like the bass guitar for rock), along with moonglows and platters imo. Dion leading voice was just wow it must be said...well more than enough to compensate if the backing stuff was just average probably.

They don't do that nice long bridge of vocal 12 bar blues anymore :( ...the defining sound of cpl decades right there...in that good ole rock n roll music as the great Chuck called it.

@django runaround sue is the ultimate go to song imo when you drivin a 50s cadillac buddy hehe. Just that vocal riff has influenced/direct copied in so many other great songs. Kudos bro.

Last edited:
@django runaround sue is the ultimate go to song imo when you drivin a 50s cadillac buddy hehe. Just that vocal riff has influenced/direct copied in so many other great songs. Kudos bro.
The more the influence the merrier, and indeed I have been on motorways during nighttime blastin this from my motor though Cadillac it was not.Kudos bro

Arguably one of the greatest Christmas themed songs ever. From an 80s band called The Waitresses.

LOL you are becoming something of a classical country fan now coz of yer gaming, who woulda thunk it :D
Well roaming around the Mojave listening to this can change alter your taste in music real fast :D
I have been listening to a lot of country and old jazz music as of late :D
Mixing up a post apocalyptic world with 50,s American culture is almost a perfect match
Heartache by the number has been covered by pretty much every (good) country singer I know esp from back in the day. Often a matter of "discussion" among country fans of who was best hehe...
Thats my jam when killing raider scum :D
@Hell hound

As for Dion/Belmonts, they had some of the best consistent backing vocals ever seen (often the underappreciated but most important part of song like the bass guitar for rock), along with moonglows and platters imo. Dion leading voice was just wow it must be said...well more than enough to compensate if the backing stuff was just average probably.
I thought it was from the 80,s till i actually googled its date that song was way ahead of its time

Back
Top Bottom