What's new

What Are You Listening to Right Now - Round 2

i find it disgusting, especially the ball rolling part... sorry but that is how i feel.
aa98a3c537048673aafb64b52539de98e71b80ea35df7b039c11f4a26e285185.jpg

@jamahir @levina @halupridol @Nihonjin1051 @fakhre mirpur @Shamain and others

| Khuje Firey Akash - The Story |

Sometimes in life we make impulsive choices that cost us heavily. This song is in memory of all the beautiful lives lost into darkness, battling for happiness and got cast away.

This story is about a simple village girl who sets on a journey in search of her husband. She is the only child to her parents & got married to the boy she knew little about against her widowed mother’s will. Her husband was a part of a malicious group who, upon completing his hideout time, left the village and never contacted back.

Not being able to wait any longer, she departs after a year leaving her mother behind and sets off for Dhaka in search of her husband where she falls into darkness. Discovering the truth about her husband, she was ashamed to return home & gives her life away.

This song interprets her conscience’s view of reality about the selfish world and how it has always been like that for long. The words of the song tries to inspire her to start fresh & to walk alongside light! After-all life is the most beautiful gift & we get a single chance to live it.

Truth lies in small things like the purity of her mother's heart whilst peace is found when we colour our lives with the essence of truth hidden within the small beauties of life. And that is where we find God

@jamahir @levina @halupridol @Nihonjin1051 @fakhre mirpur @Shamain and others

| Khuje Firey Akash - The Story |

Sometimes in life we make impulsive choices that cost us heavily. This song is in memory of all the beautiful lives lost into darkness, battling for happiness and got cast away.

This story is about a simple village girl who sets on a journey in search of her husband. She is the only child to her parents & got married to the boy she knew little about against her widowed mother’s will. Her husband was a part of a malicious group who, upon completing his hideout time, left the village and never contacted back.

Not being able to wait any longer, she departs after a year leaving her mother behind and sets off for Dhaka in search of her husband where she falls into darkness. Discovering the truth about her husband, she was ashamed to return home & gives her life away.

This song interprets her conscience’s view of reality about the selfish world and how it has always been like that for long. The words of the song tries to inspire her to start fresh & to walk alongside light! After-all life is the most beautiful gift & we get a single chance to live it.

Truth lies in small things like the purity of her mother's heart whilst peace is found when we colour our lives with the essence of truth hidden within the small beauties of life. And that is where we find God

while the basis of a cheat husband must be spoken about and sung, i hesitate to support the song fully because it appears to propagate the view that parents must decide their childrens' lives and the mother is all-loving.

but we know in south asia the oppression that parents put upon their children and violently oppose the marriage choice of their children for various reasons, going to the extent ( though quite common ) of "honor killing"... often, it is the mother who is involved in this.

the story of the song essentially blames the young lady for selecting a man on a whim and closes the story by suggesting that any lady who chooses a man against her parents' wish is doing the wrong thing and must be punished by sadness or death, the latter being "honor killing" by proxy really.

what if the man she chose was a good one, a gentleman?? :)

or what if the man her mother chose for her turned out to be a bad one??

i am generally wary of moralistic sermons. :)

what do you say, @levina , @Squashh ??

Roz Roz Aankhon Tale - R.D.Burman

a fine song by the boss... it has a timeless quality. :tup:

and mandakini was such a beauty... and so feminine, a contrast to someone like bipasha basu and shilpa shetty.

i saw who was the male singer ( amit kumar ) and remembered when it was during "indian idol junior" that i had heard this song... it was when amit kumar was the guest ( Ananya’s electrifying performance- ‘Roz Roz Aankhon Tale’ | Sony, Sab & Max ).

another timeless boss song is "saawan ke jhule pade" ( SAAWAN KE JHOOLE PADE -COMPLETE SONG- LATA -ANAND BAKSHI -R D BURMAN (JURMANA 1979) - YouTube )... i want five ladies to sing this song for me, at separate times of course. :D

by the way, have you seen "jhankaar beats"??

while the basis of a cheat husband must be spoken about and sung, i hesitate to support the song fully because it appears to propagate the view that parents must decide their childrens' lives and the mother is all-loving.

but we know in south asia the oppression that parents put upon their children and violently oppose the marriage choice of their children for various reasons, going to the extent ( though quite common ) of "honor killing"... often, it is the mother who is involved in this.

the story of the song essentially blames the young lady for selecting a man on a whim and closes the story by suggesting that any lady who chooses a man against her parents' wish is doing the wrong thing and must be punished by sadness or death, the latter being "honor killing" by proxy really.

what if the man she chose was a good one, a gentleman?? :)

or what if the man her mother chose for her turned out to be a bad one??

i am generally wary of moralistic sermons. :)

what do you say, @levina , @Squashh ??

a fine song by the boss... it has a timeless quality. :tup:

and mandakini was such a beauty... and so feminine, a contrast to someone like bipasha basu and shilpa shetty.

i saw who was the male singer ( amit kumar ) and remembered when it was during "indian idol junior" that i had heard this song... it was when amit kumar was the guest ( Ananya’s electrifying performance- ‘Roz Roz Aankhon Tale’ | Sony, Sab & Max ).

another timeless boss song is "saawan ke jhule pade" ( SAAWAN KE JHOOLE PADE -COMPLETE SONG- LATA -ANAND BAKSHI -R D BURMAN (JURMANA 1979) - YouTube )... i want five ladies to sing this song for me, at separate times of course. :D

by the way, have you seen "jhankaar beats"??

yes dear a fine tribute to pancham da in jhankar beats. i feel his music and fame has far out lived his real life fame and this speaks highly of type of work has has done in his small life. his best was yet to come and he passed away sadly

what does "bhalobasha" mean??

yes dear a fine tribute to pancham da in jhankar beats. i feel his music and fame has far out lived his real life fame and this speaks highly of type of work has has done in his small life. his best was yet to come and he passed away sadly

i would say the last 15 years have seen many "experimental" kind of songs which he would have enjoyed composing for.

this is another tribute song for him ( O Hansini - Dil Vil Pyar Vyar - [2002] - [HQ] - YouTube )... nice.

Back
Top Bottom