What's new

What are the 'Must Read' books about Pakistan?

I have no desire to get married at all - Seen far too many seemingly perfect marriages go horribly bad !

Plus I never really relished the idea of settling down & becoming a human ATM Machine who has to kill his dreams, work like a donkey & carve out a socially acceptable standing for himself in the society all because now hes a family man & the bills are piling up & so is the expectation from society & those around you. Till finally one day you wake up & realize that half your life has gone by & you haven't even done 1/10th the things you wanted to do with your life 'cause it was always one more family commitment or one more work commitment & you kept putting things off because someone had to pay the bills & someone had to be there for the family ! And what do you half your life has gone by & you've become the very thing you didn't want to become - an uninterested middle aged man who's back is bent from the burdens of life & the twinkling in his eyes is out because he sacrificed his dreams & his aspirations in life for work & for home !

human ATM :lol:

that's why people should marry only after being all settled and done most of the things they intended to do...

me, while I would like to.. someday... I am an introvert girl in Mexico... so no chance for me at all :sick:

I hope that you're not somehow forced by your parents to get married when you clearly dont want to... that is the horrible thing

haha oops.. the book titles suggested are in the first pages of the thread! :unsure:

that's why people should marry only after being all settled and done most of the things they intended to do...

Too late ! :(

me, while I would like to.. someday... I am an introvert girl in Mexico... so no chance for me at all :sick:

Well what do you know - I'm an introvert myself ! :lol:

I hope that you're not somehow forced by your parents to get married when you clearly dont want to... that is the horrible thing

No chance of that happening.....my parents aren't like that ! :lol:

And neither are most Pakistani parents - We're a socially conservative people but not that harsh ! :o:

Too late ! :(

Well what do you know - I'm an introvert myself ! :lol:

really?? naaa... I dont think so

No chance of that happening.....my parents aren't like that ! :lol:

And neither are most Pakistani parents - We're a socially conservative people but not that harsh ! :o:

ahh that's cool then hahaha
Mexican parents be like
cuandotecasas.jpg

cuando te casas? when are you getting married?
all they want -after you finish college- is having grandchildren
haha they wont force you but.... they start with all sad faces

really?? naaa... I dont think so

Okay I'm not an introvert but I'm not an extrovert either - There has to be something in between too ! :unsure:

ahh that's cool then hahaha
Mexican parents be like
View attachment 48283

cuando te casas? when are you getting married?
all they want -after you finish college- is having grandchildren
haha they wont force you but.... they start with all sad faces

Parents here in Pakistan are exactly like that ! :o:

Alright its 6:10 a.m here....I'm off to work - Bye...bye ! :wave:

Okay I'm not an introvert but I'm not an extrovert either - There has to be something in between too ! :unsure:

Parents here in Pakistan are exactly like that ! :o:

Alright its 6:10 a.m here....I'm off to work - Bye...bye ! :wave:

:o:
ok then! have a great day! :p:
adiós !

what does suhag ki pehli raat mean?
that dude is saying shit, leave it

ahhh I have this paper!! actually reading it right now because i am writing about Operation Searchlight
this book you're saying I never saw or heard of it! so im gonna check on it! thanks for telling me...!!
skip operation search light, it is very embarrassing for us, Yahya was drunk so he didnt know what he was doing

that dude is saying shit, leave it

skip operation search light, it is very embarrassing for us, Yahya was drunk so he didnt know what he was doing

Yea I was reading that Yahya was drunk while surrender discussions were going on:woot:
but I skipped that part

Hello everyone!

Could you help me telling me what are the MUST READ about Pakistan?

Maybe some of you still never saw me here, but Im a mexican girl doing a thesis about Military in Pakistan and its regional and international implications... basically, it is shaped like this:

chapter 1: backgrounds
chapter 2: provinces
chapter 3: military in Pakistan
chapter 4: International Relations of Pakistan

For First Chapter of your thesis

- A Short History of Pakistan General Editor I.H Qureshi (ISBN: 969-404-008-6)
- A History of the Peoples of Pakistan Oxford university press Karachi 1998 edition (ISBN: 0195792203, 9780195792201)
-The Punjab Bloodied, Partitioned and Cleansed Author Ishtiaq Ahmed (ISBN: 9780199400287)

For First Chapter of your thesis

- A Short History of Pakistan General Editor I.H Qureshi (ISBN: 969-404-008-6)
- A History of the Peoples of Pakistan Oxford university press Karachi 1998 edition (ISBN: 0195792203, 9780195792201)
-The Punjab Bloodied, Partitioned and Cleansed Author Ishtiaq Ahmed (ISBN: 9780199400287)

Thank you!! even though I'm about to finish my first chapter, I have to take a look of these books you're telling me :) thanks

if you happen to know any other book related to Pakistan's foreign policy or about the provinces, please let me know :)

if you happen to know any other book related to Pakistan's foreign policy or about the provinces, please let me know :)

I haven't read these two book but the authours are big name

- Pakistan's Foreign Policy 1947-2012 Third Edition (ISBN: 9780199069101)
- Pakistan's Foreign Policy: A Reappraisal Second Edition (ISBN: 9780195479126)

Last edited:
Yea I was reading that Yahya was drunk while surrender discussions were going on:woot:
but I skipped that part
he was drunk almost all the time, and i fail to understand why a gen like Ayub would nominate a drunkard like Yahya?

I haven't read these two book but the authours are big name

- Pakistan's Foreign Policy 1947-2012 Third Edition (ISBN: 9780199069101)
- Pakistan's Foreign Policy: A Reappraisal Second Edition (ISBN: 9780195479126)

ahh yes I was seeing those two !! the authors were ambassadors, right?

I was having my doubts to order them, but now that you're suggesting them too .. then Im ordering ! thanks again

he was drunk almost all the time, and i fail to understand why a gen like Ayub would nominate a drunkard like Yahya?

uuhmm I didn't know Ayub nominated him!
hey and somewhere I read he had a mistress who used to manipulate him.... is that true?? or just gossiping

uuhmm I didn't know Ayub nominated him!
hey and somewhere I read he had a mistress who used to manipulate him.... is that true?? or just gossiping
dont know much about a mistress, but it was Ayub who handed over power to Yahya and then resigned

If you want some truth with minimum lies this book:
India, Pakistan and nuclear weapons
India, Pakistan and nuclear weapons - The Hindu

If you want a lot of lies and a little bit of truth than this one:
Deception: Pakistan, the United States and the Global Nuclear Weapons Conspiracy
Deception: Pakistan, the United States and the Global Nuclear Weapons Conspiracy: Amazon.co.uk: Adrian Levy, Catherine Scott-Clark: Books

If you want the most truth try this book:

Making the Bomb: Pakistan’s Nuclear Journey
http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/article/making-bomb-pakistan%E2%80%99s-nuclear-journey

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom