What's new

What are the Covid variants and will vaccines still work?

It's best to deal with a few more months of this then needing to have lockdowns every now and then for the next 10 years (or getting boosters).
but it won't be a few more months, it's a forever cycle they're trying to lock us into..

omicron ke baad will come another "more deadly, more infectious, scarier" variant, 100% guaranteed, take it to the bank, sleep easy.

then another after "omicron"

then another

then another

aap logon ka dimag khrab ho gya hai proper, martai dam tak "booster shots" letey rehna, good luck !

tu pappi hai :angel:

tu whiskey chhod, covid ke injection lena chalu karde, daily

According to Dr. Joseph Campbell whose videos are balanced--giving credence to the Natural Immunity and also to the power of the vaccines-- as of now he thinks those fully vaccinated should be okay with the Omicron variant. Time will tell.

A scientific mind is able to absorb new knowledge and change opinion as there is new data available. Dr. Campbell is world-apart from those who are the know-it-all singing 'vaccinate, vaccinate, vaccinate, boosters, boosters, boosters, masks, masks, masks, lockdown, lockdown, lockdown, mandate, mandate, mandate'.

Here is some simple science.

In my country most of the hard patients are- not vaccinated.

90% of the hard patients under 50 - not vaccinated-

In a country where the majority of people are vaccinated - those who fill the hospitals are those who failed to vaccinate,

This is the situation here now,

~

Here is some simple science.
In my country most of the hard patients are- not vaccinated.
90% of the hard patients under 50 - not vaccinated-
In a country where the majority of people are vaccinated - those who fill the hospitals are those who failed to vaccinate,
This is the situation here now,~

I don't think I have ever posted anything against vaccines on this forum or anywhere else for that matter. My position is that vaccines, masks, isolations, travel-curbs, boosters along with a goal to vaccinate the whole world is failing and bound to fail long term.
My wife is fully vaccinated--working at a major American medical outlet she had to vaccinate in March 2021, given priority access to the vaccines. But she's refusing to take the boosters and there are potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans like her who would be unwilling to take the boosters. Add to that, about a third of the adult US population who have not vaccinated and most of them would not vaccinate regardless of the Mandates.
So the goal of Zero-Covids, All-Vaccinated is failing and going to fail. While I certainly hope the vaccines would stop all current and future Variants, it is a highly unlikely outcome, resulting in more and more breakthrough cases targeting even the most vaccinated people.
The distrust of 'the authority' and consequently to the vaccines and the boosters is growing and growing rapidly even by those who had or had to take the vaccines. Even in the liberal channels of America, judging by the reaction to the videos on You Tube, the distrust is growing. And I don't see a reversal of that trend. Something away from the failing strategies is needed. In my opinion, vaccines have been effective but only as Band-Aids. Here, on a liberal channel, watch the reaction. This is not Fox News.

UK scientist backs vaccines against Omicron

The British scientist who led the research underpinning AstraZeneca’s coronavirus jab said on Saturday a new vaccine could be developed against the emerging Omicron variant “very rapidly” if needed.

Professor Andrew Pollard, the director of the Oxford Vaccine Group, also said existing vaccines should work against the new strain, but that would only become apparent after more research in the coming weeks.

“It’s extremely unlikely that a reboot of a pandemic in a vaccinated population like we saw last year (with the Delta variant) is going to happen,” he told BBC radio.

But if required, “The processes of how one goes about developing a new vaccine are increasingly well-oiled, so if it’s needed that is something that could be moved very rapidly.”

The UK government announced new travel restrictions affecting inbound passengers from six African countries including South Africa.

The United States and European countries have followed suit on the restrictions, and the variant has been confirmed in Belgium.In a statement, AstraZeneca said it had “developed, in close collaboration with Oxford University, a vaccine platform that enables us to respond quickly to new variants that may emerge”.

The UK-based drugs company said it was “already conducting research in locations where the variant has been identified”.

Vaccine makers Pfizer/BioNTech, Moderna and Novavax have also said they are confident of being able to combat the Omicron strain.

Published in Dawn, November 28th, 2021

I don't think I have ever posted anything against vaccines on this forum or anywhere else for that matter. My position is that vaccines, masks, isolations, travel-curbs, boosters along with a goal to vaccinate the whole world is failing and bound to fail long term.
My wife is fully vaccinated--working at a major American medical outlet she had to vaccinate in March 2021, given priority access to the vaccines. But she's refusing to take the boosters and there are potentially hundreds of thousands of Americans like her who would be unwilling to take the boosters. Add to that, about a third of the adult US population who have not vaccinated and most of them would not vaccinate regardless of the Mandates.
So the goal of Zero-Covids, All-Vaccinated is failing and going to fail. While I certainly hope the vaccines would stop all current and future Variants, it is a highly unlikely outcome, resulting in more and more breakthrough cases targeting even the most vaccinated people.
The distrust of 'the authority' and consequently to the vaccines and the boosters is growing and growing rapidly even by those who had or had to take the vaccines. Even in the liberal channels of America, judging by the reaction to the videos on You Tube, the distrust is growing. And I don't see a reversal of that trend. Something away from the failing strategies is needed. In my opinion, vaccines have been effective but only as Band-Aids. Here, on a liberal channel, watch the reaction. This is not Fox News.

Here what stopped the last wave was the booster. Without it we would be in lock down.

Those are the only two tools we have at the moment to battle the virus,

~

Omicron variant 'almost certainly' not more severe than Delta: Dr Fauci

Top US scientist Anthony Fauci has said that while it will take weeks to judge the severity of the new Covid-19 variant Omicron, early indications suggest it is not worse than prior strains, and possibly milder.

Speaking to AFP, President Joe Biden's chief medical adviser broke down the knowns and unknowns about Omicron into three major areas: transmissibility, how well it evades immunity from prior infection and vaccines, and severity of illness.

The new variant is “clearly highly transmissible,” very likely more so than Delta, the current dominant global strain, Fauci said.

Accumulating epidemiological data from around the world also indicates re-infections are higher with Omicron.

Dr Fauci said lab experiments that tested the potency of antibodies from current vaccines against Omicron should come in the “next few days to a week.” On the question of severity, “it almost certainly is not more severe than Delta,” he said.

Severe illness in South Africa's Omicron outbreak lower than in past waves: data

Early hospital data from South Africa shows less than a third of patients admitted for Covid-19 during the latest wave linked to the Omicron variant are suffering severe illness, compared with two thirds in the early stages of the last two waves.

Data released by the National Institute for Communicable Diseases (NICD) for Tshwane, the metropolitan area which includes Pretoria where the first suspected outbreak of the Omicron occurred, showed 1,633 admissions in public and private hospitals for Covid-19 between Nov 14 and Dec 8.

Of those, 31 per cent were severe cases — defined as patients needing oxygen or mechanical ventilation — compared with 66pc early in the second wave of the coronavirus pandemic and 67pc in the early weeks of the first.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom