What's new

What are the 10 most serious problems faced by Pakistan?

JKJ

New Recruit

Reaction score
Country
India
This question is only for Pakistani friends so that I can get an inside view about the problems in Pakistan and compare it with the problems faced by India. Thanks

1. Lack of education
2. Terrorism and extremism (religious for now, growing number of liberal fascists :coffee:)
3. High corruption
4. Bad economy
5. Energy shortages
6. Brain drain
7. Social problems (i.e. abductions, rapes etc.)
8. Hostile neighbours (thanks for idea @SpArK) Can't really say where in the list it would belong.
9. Possible future water/food shortages shortages etc.
10. Afghan refugees pissing on Pakistan

Last edited:
1. Lack of education
2. Terrorism and extremism
3. High corruption
4. Bad economy
5. Energy shortages
6. Brain drain

I'm out of ideas :angel:

1. Terrorism
2. Mullahs with their hate speeches
3. Corruption in government
4. Lack of education
5. Lack of jobs for those who are educated
6. Slow economic growth and increasing debt
7. Energy shortage
8. Brain drain
9. Refugees and the crimes they commit namely drug running, gun running, and prostitution.
10. No foresight on how to handle the above problems, self loathing by the so called educated Pakistanis.

1. Terrorism
2. Mullahs with their hate speeches
3. Corruption in government
4. Lack of education
5. Lack of jobs for those who are educated
6. Slow economic growth and increasing debt
7. Energy shortage
8. Brain drain
9. Refugees and the crimes they commit namely drug running, gun running, and prostitution.
10. No foresight on how to handle the above problems, self loathing by the so called educated Pakistanis.

No, lack of education in number 1. Nothing can be worse than jahiliyat.

1. Lack of education
2. Terrorism and extremism (religious for now, growing number of liberal fascists :coffee:)
3. High corruption
4. Bad economy
5. Energy shortages
6. Brain drain
7. Social problems (i.e. abductions, rapes etc.)

I'm out of ideas :angel:

No respect for rule of Law.

Rich getting richer, poor getting poorer.

The elite class system which perpetuates self preference over rights. I have been guilty of this a few times :(

1) Denialism.
2) Denial of denialism.:D

(At least, that's the impression I get from many Pakistani posters on PDF.)

No, lack of education in number 1. Nothing can be worse than jahiliyat.

No lack of education is not number one, in Egypt and Tunisia the revolutions were led by the educated people because being educated was not enough. Even if Pakistan had 90% literacy it would be of no use with no where to apply this brain power. If terrorism is eliminated then more investments will come meaning more money for schools, more brain power, and more jobs.

Please. 90% education rate in Pakistan would do WONDERS for the country.
It's called human capital. The most precious thing any country could ever possess.

thanks DraisinHerald and BlackMamba

It's called human capital. The most precious thing any country could ever possess.

Well considering the brain drain in Pakistan you could just expect more of the same if the literacy was higher if other problems were not addressed first.

It may seem a bit exaggerated but 90% literacy in Pakistan would actually do wonders for whole world and especially the sub-continent. Hope it happens asap both in India as well as Pakistan :cheers:

No respect for rule of Law.

Rich getting richer, poor getting poorer.

The elite class system which perpetuates self preference over rights. I have been guilty of this a few times :(
Time to join MQM?

Well considering the brain drain in Pakistan you could just expect more of the same if the literacy was higher if other problems were not addressed first.

Look, if I'm an educated man, I'd want to live among educated people, not jahils. Most Pakistanis are jahils.
Brain drain doesn't mean it's going to keep on happening forever. If tomorrow the literacy were to dramatically increase, it would have visible (read: very good) effects on society. For one, we'd have better leaders because a) they'd be educated (not holding fake degrees) and b) an educated awam would obviously chose better leaders for themselves. Fewer educated people would leave the country, the economy would better, more jobs, and the list can go on.

Please never underestimate the importance of education.

Look, if I'm an educated man, I'd want to live among educated people, not jahils. Most Pakistanis are jahils.
Brain drain doesn't mean it's going to keep on happening forever. If tomorrow the literacy were to dramatically increase, it would have visible (read: very good) effects on society. For one, we'd have better leaders because a) they'd be educated (not holding fake degrees) and b) an educated awam would obviously chose better leaders for themselves. Fewer educated people would leave the country, the economy would better, more jobs, and the list can go on.

Please never underestimate the importance of education.

Obviously I agree education is important but I guess we can agree to disagree about which is the most foremost problem in Pakistan.

Time to join MQM?

27c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom