What's new

What Africans really think of China !!!!

Spot on. Indian influence in Africa is minimal and the Chinese are all over the continent and have trade deals in practically every state. If the Indian posters on here are really concerned that Africa is not getting a fair deal then they should urge their firms to go forth and take the opportunities and at the same time rescue Africans from the ruthless Chinese colonisers. The bottom line is they can't, nor do they have anything to offer Africa and Africa itself has a history of contempt for the Indian immigrant, you only need to look back to Uganda and Kenya to see evidence of this.

Yeah 55 Billion dollars is very minimal indeed:cheesy:

And you don't need to tell the Chinese about contempt for business migrants. They know a thing or two about it.

care to explane how china going to recover their investment spent on build Hambantota port ..

the port will be under their control and you will be paying tax to them for next 50 years...

I think Sri Lankans are quite rich and they can support the Chinese economy.

care to explane how china going to recover their investment spent on build Hambantota port ..

the port will be under their control and you will be paying tax to them for next 50 years...

who told that?:no: Hambantota port is under SLPA, we have to pay since next year, SLPA has mentioned there are a lot of investors who has already want to be part of other developments in this project including India.

-----

.....Meanwhile, the project committee appointed for the consideration of the request of the investors who are interested for the investments in Magam Ruhunupura Port premises issued 63 applications locally and internationally and 27 investors submitted their proposals for the investments.
More than 2,000 hectares of lands adjoining the harbour will be declared as a special economic and industrial zone to boost industrial and commercial activities. Out of the 27 investors who expressed interest to commence projects, six investors had bid for cement industry while two had expressed for vehicle assembling and another two for gas.
The Project Committee received proposals from three investors for warehousing, two for petro-chemicals and one each for sugar refinery, fertiliser and canning. Meanwhile, other proposals have also been brought out to commence various relevant industries of importance and all investors have been identified as reputed and leading business ventures and entrepreneurs in and out of the country.

Since the inception of container operations at the Port of Colombo, it took about 20 years to handle a capacity of two million TEUs. Hence, in 2004, the Port of Colombo handled two million TEUs of containers, which has grown to four million TEUs by 2010. The total is expected to be 10 million TEUs by 2020, when the port will generate 40% of the Government income.
Last year, the State-run JCT of SLPA also singlehandedly reached a historic record throughput of two million TEUs in 11 months. This clearly shows the length of time factor that is needed by any project or programme in order to emerge as a reliable and strong economic venture.
Accordingly, with the time being managed efficiently and correctly with the correct development strategies, Mahinda Rajapaksa Port in Magam Ruhunupura will definitely emerge as a port that not only feeds the national economy at large, but also as the most important regional port situated in the closest proximity to international shipping routes.
full article

western media will always bash china's intentions or motives in africa.

as a privilage of living in canada i've been able to meet people from all over the world... 100% of the african immigrants i've talked to are positive about china. when i talk to them i usually bash china, yet they usually have positive things to said in return...aside from chinese products are usually crab.

the chinese isn't going to bring you god or culture...chinese are good at 1 thing...and that is work, work and more work.

if you read the history of china and africa, it has always been very positive. when china replaced taiwan in the UN, african delegates sang and cheered.

no matter how hard white people will try to cast china as a villain to africans, africans dont forget that white Europeans raid their lands for nearly a millennium.

that being said china would risk the goodwill of africans if the benefits dont ripple out to the average african.

BS! check the facts with our warrior of africa, the only representative of africa, and yes an indian!

More than 2,000 hectares of lands adjoining the harbour will be declared as a special economic and industrial zone to boost industrial and commercial activities

adjoining land i am not talking about...

get used to it China, you want to be the new world power. Now get used to the same criticism that goes along with it.

Same?

China does not use force to expel native people/tribes from their land.

China does not instigate color revolution in local areas by paying local dissidents money to go on street.

China does not impose Chinese values on local people.

China does not enslave local people, not to mention trafficking them across oceans.

China does not import religions, send no missionaries...

Even there are disputes, how could they be the same?

From what I have heard, no soil survey was done before making this highway. There was nothing wrong with the quality of the tarmac, but the base soil is very weak, and no stabilization and strengthening measures were taken . Same problem throughout the stretch, and if my source is to be believed the whole stretch is going to get washed away in the next few wet season.

lusaka-chirundu-road.jpg

lusaka-chirundu-road2.jpg

The Chinese firms have the know how and technology to make top class roads, but to meet the ridiculous deadlines that they set for themselves! they cut corners, overlook the basics, and this is what we see.

Maybe the Chinese outsourced the job to Indian company. DO you still remember the collapse of India chimney?

Chinese engineers arrested over India chimney collapse | Earth Times News

...Shangdon had subcontracted the chimney construction to the Indian firm Gannon Dunkerley and Company Limited.

Cheap Chinese copies shrink India's silk sari industry

Badruddin Ansari, one of the few weavers still in business, says that most of his former colleagues now struggle to eke out a living as vegetable sellers, tea stall operators or rickshaw drivers.
"To give just one example, a 55-year-old man I know started weaving at the age of 15," he said. "He quit the handloom three years ago and now works as a manual labourer. There are hundreds of thousands of people like him."
Weavers say that Chinese factories produce huge amounts of silk fabric at a government-subsidised prices and send the finished cloth to India.
More than 60 per cent of the handloom industry has collapsed in Varanasi

in 2005 india open the china silk route into india textile , by offering silk at a price half of the domestic price , by next few years the domestic silk production keep decline , and then now in year 2010-2011 , chinese silk price has been incresed more then twice and are now more then the domestic price but traders are still has to buy chinese silk coz the indian farmers of silk production has shifed to alternatives over the years....

Funny mentality!

Instead of complaining to your incompetent industry, inane guild, corrupted or otherwise stupid elected (or stupidly elected) governments, you start to complain China?

I also heard a lot of Chinese local industry collapse due to foreign imports, but I seldom heard complaints but harder and smarter strategies to make survival...

I think he is concerned about the minorities of India, whose industry is being ruined by cheap Chinese exports.'

There is none to better the Muslim weavers.

Handloom cannot compete with powerloom.

The Daccai Muslin was world famous.

The British could not replicate.

They cut off the fingers of the weavers and Manchester came into boom.

The Chinese are doing it in a more sophisticated way.

Funny mentality!

Instead of complaining to your incompetent industry, inane guild, corrupted or otherwise stupid elected (or stupidly elected) governments, you start to complain China?

I also heard a lot of Chinese local industry collapse due to foreign imports, but I seldom heard complaints but harder and smarter strategies to make survival...

Sure, and Gabia would send 2000 marines to stop the chinese by attacking their coastal areas, and Obama concurred.

Who is gabbia?

I only know of Gabbar Singh a movie goonda or Mafia!

China does require foreigners to support their economy and Hambamtooto is one such way to help them.

I think it is good of Sri Lankan to do so. Very humanitarian.

Who is gabbia?

I only know of Gabbar Singh a movie goonda or Mafia!

China does require foreigners to support their economy and Hambamtooto is one such way to help them.

I think it is good of Sri Lankan to do so. Very humanitarian.

Ganbia(whatever spelled) the african "lion". new york zoo i guess is where they belong. haha

I read carefully... all the authors or papers you listed are West mouthpieces. Even the SomalilandPress, which sounds African, but the author's name is Mark T Jones.

Mr. Jones is a London based freelance writer and international advisor on African Affairs.

It explains all, you gleeful Indian. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom