What's new

What a way to begin a day

Maroof Raza made a telling comment yesterday referring to people like Hilali as "Pakistani moderates who simply make hawkish statements."

Maroof Raza made a telling comment yesterday referring to people like Hilali as "Pakistani moderates who simply make hawkish statements."

I too saw it on Times Now.

The other Pak guy reminded me of an old school teacher - he just kept meandering all over with no ref to the subject or Q asked.

Majority of Pakistanis have accepted their fate including me. This violence in Pakistan will not end atleast during my lifetime.

On one of those days, I know that it could very well be me who'll become a 'statistic' in these suicide blast stories that you folks will be discussing on PDF..

Why not Immigrate ??

I am sorry but this is exactly the defeatist attitude I had in mind and suspected ppl in Pak to have slipped into.

You guys have to pull yourselves from your socks.

This cannot be allowed to happen.

I write all this for two reasons. One is the empathy one has for fellow humans and the second is that should you not be able to control this India will have an "Afghanistan" on its western borders which will be worse than having a Pakistan.

If Congress wins Elections in the next term i am gonna jump the ship .

Why not Immigrate ??

Are you suggesting that entire nation leaves ?

How many can immigrate & where to ?

PPl have lands , family ties, businesses, graves of their forefathers.

Immigration amounts to running away from a problem - it needs to be faced.

Are you suggesting that entire nation leaves ?

How many can immigrate & where to ?

PPl have lands , family ties, businesses, graves of their forefathers.

Immigration amounts to running away from a problem - it needs to be faced.

Keeping All the Bravado of Heart pumping Nationalism , Those who can they do . Happening from the late 60's .

Yeah Obviously there are a few examples of those who chose to stay .

Keeping All the Bravado of Heart pumping Nationalism , Those who can they do . Happening from the late 60's .

Yeah Obviously there are a few examples of those who chose to stay .

Its not bravado or anything.

Plain economics.

I am sorry but this is exactly the defeatist attitude I had in mind and suspected ppl in Pak to have slipped into.

You guys have to pull yourselves from your socks.

This cannot be allowed to happen.

I write all this for two reasons. One is the empathy one has for fellow humans and the second is that should you not be able to control this India will have an "Afghanistan" on its western borders which will be worse than having a Pakistan.

Most of the Pakistani populace is either confused, or is in a silent support of these criminals. Therefore, I have lost all my hopes for this country. Call me a defeatist or whatever you may like.

Why not Immigrate ??.

Not everyone can immigrate. I had the opportunity to settle in UK as I completed my education there but came back as I couldn't live without my parents. Likewise, most Pakistani students that I know have come back and have settled in their native cities in Pakistan including Karachi.

Most of the Pakistani populace is either confused, or is in a silent support of these criminals. Therefore, I have lost all my hopes for this country. Call me a defeatist or whatever you may like.

I dont know who is this populace may be from cities like Islamabad where security and facilities are better but in my province we are doing more than anyone to fight these criminals.

Try to be in our shoes and see the reality.

the second is that should you not be able to control this India will have an "Afghanistan" on its western borders which will be worse than having a Pakistan.

This is the same reason, I say, we need a stable Pakistan. A sane competitor is 100 times better than the insane, unstable idiots running on the western front of Pakistan.

I dont know who is this populace may be from cities like Islamabad where security and facilities are better but in my province we are doing more than anyone to fight these criminals.

Try to be in our shoes and see the reality.

I was referring to uneducated masses in Punjab.

I was referring to uneducated masses in Punjab.

But the guys interviewed from Kasab's village sounded pretty amenable to peace and anti-terrorism.

Is there a feeling that once everyone goes radical, things will automatically get better because there is no one (moderate, minority, etc.) left to bomb or kill?

But the guys interviewed from Kasab's village sounded pretty amenable to peace and anti-terrorism.

Is there a feeling that once everyone goes radical, things will automatically get better because there is no one (moderate, minority, etc.) left to bomb or kill?

South Punjab of Pakistan is notorious for breeding ground of extremism.

I don't know about that but there is a strong feeling in moderate / educated class that this country may not survive the upcoming elections if rigged. And we know for a fact that most of our political elite does not give a damn even if the country breaks up. I bet they are already planning as to how to gain power in those newly formed countries / states if that happens.

Its not bravado or anything.

Plain economics.

Yep Along with Social Security , Better Prospects et all .

Not everyone can immigrate. I had the opportunity to settle in UK as I completed my education there but came back as I couldn't live without my parents. Likewise, most Pakistani students that I know have come back and have settled in their native cities in Pakistan including Karachi.

Yep I concede this point .

Back
Top Bottom