What's new

What a way to begin a day

third eye

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
India
Opened the Dawn this morning to read the papers.

The first three articles I saw were as under

Suicide attack near Rawalpindi Imambargah; 12 dead, 36 injured | DAWN.COM

Five killed as blast rips through Quetta | DAWN.COM

Succesive blasts near Karachi Imambargah; at least two dead | DAWN.COM

It must be stressful.

No nation deserves this, the public can at best dutifully pay their taxes & dues. Its for the Govt to ensure they lead a safe life.

S Asia is slowly slipping into turmoil.

My views.

Same here, I do not visit Dawn everyday, but I did it today. This senseless violence makes no sense to me. There was a good reason that bomb making and military training should be restricted to armed forces only.

Nothing's going to change until we find a leader, sadly we have politicians.

Pakistani society has become numb to this violence.

They will complain a little bit and then go right back and elect the same feudals.

Which is very sad and inexplicable.

One would expect a groundswell of reactions that ought to shake the Govt & PA to act.

A citizen deserves the right to live a peaceful life.

There must be children going to school, people going to work & all the daily chores of life.

It must be stressful to parents. Being one I can empathize.

They will complain a little bit and then go right back and elect the same feudals.

This is a state of mind which leads towards facism. There is a reason why Ata Turk decided to throw religion out of state - without Ata Turk we wont have Turkey today.

Why are the ppl of Pak quiet as sheep and why are they allowing themselves and their children to be lambs for slaughter by some indoctrinated idiot who either straps a bomb to him/her self or sprays bullets like he was watering a lawn.

It beats me.

Its the same nation that stood for itself & what it felt was its right.

Isnt safety a right & prerequisite for life ?

Why are the ppl of Pak quiet as sheep and why are they allowing themselves and their children to be lambs for slaughter by some indoctrinated idiot who either straps a bomb to him/her self or sprays bullets like he was watering a lawn.

It beats me.

Its the same nation that stood for itself & what it felt was its right.

Isnt safety a right & prerequisite for life ?

Good Questions. The answer can be found in the export of Wahabism, by none other than the Saudi Royal family.

What difference does it make to them? While they sleep oblivious to what's happening in the region, middle east is burning so is Afghanistan and Pakistan.

Good Questions. The answer can be found in the export of Wahabism, by none other than the Saudi Royal family.

What difference does it make to them? While they sleep oblivious to what's happening in the region, middle east is burning so is Afghanistan and Pakistan.

What you have mentioned in my view is the reason and not the answer.

The answer is something the ppl of Pak need to find.

Why should I be compelled to live in perpetual fear of the safety of my children, my family for no fault of mine ?

Sir, the situation is common in both the nations. We forget and become used to of these attacks and violence. We need change in perception and only segment of society that can bring this change is youth of both the nations.

We have failed to build a national identity like India or Turkey, so the vacum is being filled with external forces.
If people are primed to think of Pakistan first and religion as their personal matter then these things will not occur.

Its not only export of so called "wahabism" but also a dozen different ideologies being exported the volcano boiling silently for a mega explosion.

Sir, the situation is common in both the nations. We forget and become used to of these attacks and violence. We need change in perception and only segment of society that can bring this change is youth of both the nations.

First of all, please allow me to say that I appreciate a thread like this and a sincere discussion from both sides. This is HOW this region should move forward. Through discussions and b finding common ground for everyone's benefit!!

Next, there are a few issue within the Pakistani society that I, as an outsider may not understand entirely but might have some grasp. I will be blunt so no offense intended.

1) Religion: We all know the story there. The Pakistanis NEED to understand the softness of their religion. Not the harshness of Talibans!!
2) Education or lack thereof: Not producing quality leaders ,.....the same old people get elected again and again. Educated people need to be found to create institutions and to ensure bias free policies are made FOR PAKISTAN!
3) Opportunity: Pakistani leaders aren't educated, so the word opportunity is rare. They aren't able to create the opportunity for their public and country's best interests. A gov't creates policies that attract investment through providing security, tax free zones, political stability and to some degree honesty. When the head of the gov't wants nothing but his 20%...how would the gov't do everything I've mentioned?? It's a trickle down effect.

The first starting point, from the side of the GoP, will be to slowly make people understand, that problems in Chechnya or Sudan or Indonesia or any other country in some corner of the globe are not Muslim problems which need Pakistani 'Islamic' intervention.

If some idiot creates cartoons or burns books, why would you want to set your house on fire! The people who did it will simply be sitting and laughing.

What you have mentioned in my view is the reason and not the answer.

The answer is something the ppl of Pak need to find.

Why should I be compelled to live in perpetual fear of the safety of my children, my family for no fault of mine ?

Majority of Pakistanis have accepted their fate including me. This violence in Pakistan will not end atleast during my lifetime.

On one of those days, I know that it could very well be me who'll become a 'statistic' in these suicide blast stories that you folks will be discussing on PDF..

Majority of Pakistanis have accepted their fate including me. This violence in Pakistan will not end atleast during my lifetime.

On one of those days, I know that it could very well be me who'll become a 'statistic' in these suicide blast stories that you folks will be discussing on PDF..

I am sorry but this is exactly the defeatist attitude I had in mind and suspected ppl in Pak to have slipped into.

You guys have to pull yourselves from your socks.

This cannot be allowed to happen.

I write all this for two reasons. One is the empathy one has for fellow humans and the second is that should you not be able to control this India will have an "Afghanistan" on its western borders which will be worse than having a Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom