What's new

West’s ‘honor killing’ hypocrisy: American university professor completely OWNS the western media

Honour killing is issue in Pakistan? This forum made me think it is only a big issue in India and nothing of such happens in pakistan, ever.

Where does the article say women killed in US are for honour?
These are those women killed by husband or boyfriend when they find out that their women was cheating on them

These are those women killed by husband or boyfriend when they find out that their women was cheating on them

Still there is huge difference. In Pakistan a girl is killed for making a sincere effort to love and marry a boy.

There are a lot of murder cases in the west with people killing their partner or family member for cheating. In pakistan they are killed for honor in the west they kill for cheating. But unlike in pakistan the person who commits the murder is prosecuted in the west.

The article point out there were more women killed by violent crime in US and Canada than more women killed by honour killing in Pakistan.

Most killing in Pakistan are not honour killings alot of them are related to land & wealth in the name of women where people kill them to get it behind the excuse of honour killing. As for honour killing it happens 90% in villages & backward area where literacy rate is very low.

Bad comparison. Husbands or boyfriends don't kill their spouse or girlfriends in the name of honor. Nor do they kill their daughters because they got raped. In Pakistan, I'm sure its encouraged.

Bad comparison. Husbands or boyfriends don't kill their spouse or girlfriends in the name of honor. Nor do they kill their daughters because they got raped. In Pakistan, I'm sure its encouraged.

It is immaterial whether it is because of supposed loss of family honour, jealousy, revenge or greed (hoping to gain property thru stealing or inheritance); all acts deprive an individual of the joy of living and thus should only be carried out by the State.

It would be hypocritical to say that honour killing is a problem in Pakistan or India alone. I am sure honour killings happen everywhere albeit to a lesser degree. Speaking of myself; for me it is not only a legal issue but also a moral & ethical issue. I believe that taking of human life in any form or manner by an individual is wrong.

Only exception would be the ‘Mercy killing’. Suppose my wife or another loved one was suffering from a terminal illness and also in extreme pain; if he /she urges me to give her large number of sleeping pills to end his/ her misery; I would probably do it out of love knowing that it is wrong and would be prepared to suffer the consequences.

Another moral / ethical issue is abortion. I would condone the abortion if it is carried within the very early periods of the pregnancy. However the prevailing practice in India of waiting until they know the sex of the foetus and aborting it if it is female is abhorrent and I would call it equal to murder.

I don’t know why killers of the female foetus forget that if there were no women, we wouldn’t be born and the life won’t be worth living.

Last edited:
Most killing in Pakistan are not honour killings alot of them are related to land & wealth in the name of women where people kill them to get it behind the excuse of honour killing. As for honour killing it happens 90% in villages & backward area where literacy rate is very low.

I am not saying or commenting on the Honour Killing situation in Pakistan. I don't live in Pakistan so there are no way for me to know whether or not this is a tribal trend or anything else, I am simply putting forward a point that the article have mislead reader by comparing the number of honour killing in Pakistan and Violence against women in general in the US and Canada

Also the US population is larger than Pakistan and alot of crimes go unreported in Pak

True, but then there are many crime that weren't reported in the US as well.

Is it not possible for an American to do job in Canada?
the problem is this Judy whatever her name is, was a born and bred Canadian (Born In Toronto) and later moved to England, she were never an American.

his stuck in his 18th century village to use an insult word as negroid but coming from a bengali he cant call them black as it would involve his own family who are highly likely to be blacker than road tar :lol:

Well, lol............

I don't think he have any points to begin with, so......I don't really pay any attention on what he have to say anyway :)

Last edited:
How many culprit go scot-free in west?
Last year there were 930 cases of honor killing in Pakistan how many people got punishment?

Once you realize what is the actual problem of honor killing in Pakistan you will know why it matters most.

Not sure if you are Indian or not but i fail to see how something that gets you life behind bars could be encouraged by the same state

West’s ‘honor killing’ hypocrisy: American university professor completely OWNS the western media

NEW YORK (Web Desk) – While the Western media is often seen highlighting the crimes like honour killing from Pakistan, ....

I call BULLSHIT !!:enjoy:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom