What's new

West Bengal and Bangladesh together make ONE country - Laboni Sarkar

How did you come to that conclusion? Have you spoken to crores of Bengalis living in East Bengal at the time?

One way to gauge the opinion of the average citizen is to take a note of the views of popular political figures.

Suhrawardy was the most popular political leader of Bengali Muslims. Did he not want an united, secular Bengal?

We couldn't have it our way, thanks to the mainstream Hindu and Muslim leadership of British India.

Source: West Bengal and Bangladesh together make ONE country - Laboni Sarkar
You could have 2 govts, secular goal like EU and 1 nation rep at Olympics!
Thats a start.
The AIM of Jinnah, IMO was a MI6 gig. Why?
Motive.
Entire history of Pakistan, Nepal, Lanka after 1960s and height of cold war was all about attacking India and keeping it occupied and cut off from the USSR.
Don't believe conspiracies but do NOTE significant turning events in history. India or Nehru was perceived by the west as a enemy, likely because he was leftest. From day 1 America and Britain began nursing Pakistan to fight USSR and India.
Now that the cold war is over, what matters in economics.
If Bangladesh can integrate their law enforcement, justice system, and politics with India can work. Germany came together, and their economic differences were greater! Korea is trying harder than SA!
As a leftest myself and nationalist, India should be used for what it is. A higher constitutional authority for the PEOPLE!
Regardless of a separate nation or not. Bengal WILL be integrated on the corporate, business, energy, transportation level. Making them 1 nation on certain level. Same will happen to Pakistan if they let Indian trucks to drive nonstop across the borders.
Geography has made us neighbours.
History has made us friends.
Business has made us partners
and necessity has made us allies.

Such diabolical conspiracy theories! You keep thinking all these $hit all day, na?

Most of the muslim country people on earth have passion relying on conspiracy theory, but they dont act always react. :P .

To the topic: One country or not. We are ethnically Bengali all, but living in different countries. But, From ancient History says Bengal got divided and united time after time. And, Bengali always ruled themselve in united chapters. So, lets wait for the history.

But keep in mind, more than 65% bengali (Bangladesh+West Bengal) are muslims. Do west bengal hindus want to be minor part in this greater bengal theory? This is why Muslim Bengali dreams for greater Bengal and Hindu Bengali never dare for it.

;)

Most of the muslim country people on earth have passion relying on conspiracy theory, but they dont act always react. :P .

To the topic: One country or not. We are ethnically Bengali all, but living in different countries. But, From ancient History says Bengal got divided and united time after time. And, Bengali always ruled themselve in united chapters. So, lets wait for the history.

But keep in mind, more than 65% bengali (Bangladesh+West Bengal) are muslims. Do west bengal hindus want to be minor part in this greater bengal theory? This is why Muslim Bengali dreams for greater Bengal and Hindu Bengali never dare for it.

;)

With Tripura and Assam, the situation may be better for Hindus. Don't forget but for the extremist Hindu Mahasava pressure, Suhrowardy, Abul Hashim, Sarat Bose, etc had agreed to remain united. Even Jinnah was not averse to this.

;)

There won't be any greater Bengal, you already know why.

People confuse the terms Country and Nation (though often these days nation is often used to mean the same thing unfortunately...even in Oxford and Webster dictionaries).

In my definition, one can say the Bengalis are loosely one nation of people. There are similar nations of people found all across South Asia and the world....some within one country shared with other nations, some equal to a country, some across two or more countries....the combinations and permutations are quite numerous.

Being one nation is however very different from being one country in most instances.

Some West Bengalis etc.. may identify with the common nationhood they have with those Bangladeshis which see the same (instead of ultra-religious bigots like @asad71 )...but very few if any want to join with Bangladesh and leave India....though some like the one in OP confuse the words country and nation.

Anyways we should let the reality be....we must all first develop economically before focusing too much on these issues regarding the split of Punjabi, Bengali, Kashmiri and Tamil nations across different countries in South Asia.

There won't be any greater Bengal, you already know why.

Yah. You dont want tobe minority anymore, thats why dude. You will represent only 35% of population. :) . Thats why i said, WB Bengalis will never dare to dream for this. Rather they would be very happy being Poradhin Bangla.

Feeling rather much pride as a Shadin Bengali from Shadhin Bangla.

People confuse the terms Country and Nation (though often these days nation is often used to mean the same thing unfortunately...even in Oxford and Webster dictionaries).

In my definition, one can say the Bengalis are loosely one nation of people. There are similar nations of people found all across South Asia and the world....some within one country shared with other nations, some equal to a country, some across two or more countries....the combinations and permutations are quite numerous.

Being one nation is however very different from being one country in most instances.

Some West Bengalis etc.. may identify with the common nationhood they have with those Bangladeshis which see the same (instead of ultra-religious bigots like @asad71 )...but very few if any want to join with Bangladesh and leave India....though some like the one in OP confuse the words country and nation.

Anyways we should let the reality be....we must all first develop economically before focusing too much on these issues regarding the split of Punjabi, Bengali, Kashmiri and Tamil nations across different countries in South Asia.

Very few Bengalis from West Bengal would think about common nationhood with Bangladesh, only language is not enough. Actually Bangladesh has evaporated from the psyche of the common Bengalis of West Bengal, artists have some business interest though.

Yah. You dont want tobe minority anymore, thats why dude. You will represent only 35% of population. :) . Thats why i said, WB Bengalis will never dare to dream for this. Rather they would be very happy being Poradhin Bangla.

Feeling rather much pride as a Shadin Bengali from Shadhin Bangla.

It is terrible to be a minority community in a muslim country almost anywhere in the world. Besides, Bengalis of West Bengal have always recognized themselves as Indians first and we are very passionate about our country, so no question of feeling 'poradhin' in our own country India. In fact, Bangladeshis are also Indians, it's just that they have discarded their native cultural, social, philosophical and national identity in favour of their Arabic religious identity, but we don't have any reason to do the same. :)

Very few Bengalis from West Bengal would think about common nationhood with Bangladesh, only language is not enough. Actually Bangladesh has evaporated from the psyche of the common Bengalis of West Bengal, artists have some business interest though.

It is terrible to be a minority community in a muslim country almost anywhere in the world. Besides, Bengalis of West Bengal have always recognized themselves as Indians first and we are very passionate about our country, so no question of feeling 'poradhin' in our own country India. In fact, Bangladeshis are also Indians, it's just that they have discarded their native cultural, social, philosophical and national identity in favour of their Arabic religious identity, but we don't have any reason to do the same. :)

Its true and will have to accept living with muslims, as perception will remain about extremists. And, India gave you lot what Pakistan couldnt gave us. If there is no discrimination, deprivation there will be no need of freedom. But we thought beyond that from our passion, Bengalism remains strong in inner soul in Bangladesh. I dont want to hurt you as being Poradhin, just cant resist my pride being Shadhin. But, Muslims and Bengali will always be our identity will always love who belong to this religion and ethnicity.

Never forget We are Bengali, Never forget your pride being a Bengali. Cause we present different thoughts to the world together.

Yes hence a very "loose" nation like I said. Anything more is being peddled on the back of seeking attention or resorting to desperation. In this way Bengal and Punjab "nations" have almost fully accepted the current political and overall cultural (i.e religious, societal) realities of their countries arising from partition. I think TN is the only one where we still identify SL Tamils as a strong part of our nation. One can argue somewhat like that with the various tribes of Nepal too. But there was never a forceful religious based partition imposed like in the previous two...which I guess is the reason.

I for one hope that WB comes out of its rut and gains its proper status within India. A good step would be to drop "West" altogether. There is no East Punjab or Mainland Tamil Nadu.

I was reading various praise coming from industrialists and even BJP quarters for Mamata program of industrialisation and was scratching my head....is it true some of those things are actually improving on the ground?

Yes hence a very "loose" nation like I said. Anything more is being peddled on the back of seeking attention or resorting to desperation. In this way Bengal and Punjab "nations" have almost fully accepted the current political and overall cultural (i.e religious, societal) realities of their countries arising from partition. I think TN is the only one where we still identify SL Tamils as a strong part of our nation. One can argue somewhat like that with the various tribes of Nepal too. But there was never a forceful religious based partition imposed like in the previous two...which I guess is the reason.

I for one hope that WB comes out of its rut and gains its proper status within India. A good step would be to drop "West" altogether. There is no East Punjab or Mainland Tamil Nadu.

I was reading various praise coming from industrialists and even BJP quarters for Mamata program of industrialisation and was scratching my head....is it true some of those things are actually improving on the ground?

Tamils of TN and Tamils of SL don't have the religious divided and the violence and exodus associated with it, naturally the bond is intact. Unfortunately that is not the case for the two parts of Bengal and Punjab.

And yes, West Bengal should only be Bengal, this change is under consideration for some time now. And Mamata is doing nothing for industrialization, in fact she is blocking it. Where did you hear about such praises for Mamata? :what:

Mamata claims Rs 2.43 lakh crore investment at Bengal Business Summit; mocks at Vibrant Gujarat | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

She claimed 2,43 lakh crore investment last year; Did the same few days ago. And surprise!!! Nothing in reality.

I dont think any reunification of Bengals is possible until we all grow into atheists and religion becomes irrelevant!

In another 100 years may be.

Bangladesh should look at more realistic objectives like winning an Olympic bronze medal. They can win at pole vaulting at least.

Mamata claims Rs 2.43 lakh crore investment at Bengal Business Summit; mocks at Vibrant Gujarat | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis

She claimed 2,43 lakh crore investment last year; Did the same few days ago. And surprise!!! Nothing in reality.
What about Lyangcha hubs, fuchka pith, alukabli tirtha! You cant just strike those off! :lol:

Bangladesh should look at more realistic objectives like winning an Olympic bronze medal. They can win at pole vaulting at least.
Whoever could swime, jump and run already left the country, so olympic medal is far fetched!

Back
Top Bottom