What's new

Wen Jiabao: Our Greatest Threat is Corruption, Only Way to Solve is Change

mate dont bring india into this, they will come around and slapping their holy 'democracy' on our faces again`!! :D

agreed, we have to learn from india.

Stay Rates of Foreign Doctorate Recipients from U.S. Universities, 2005 | USA Study Service

Two of these, China and India, also have the two highest stay rates. The stay rate for India in 2001, 85
percent, is very high given that none of these were permanent residents at the time of graduation.
The 2005 stay rate for Chinese doctorate recipients in Table 7, 92 percent, is the highest observed for
any country in 2005.

China 2,071 95 94 92 92 92
India 756 89 87 86 85 85
Nigeria 10 64 65 65 65 65

What a disgrace that China has a higher rate of brain drain than NIGERIA. India has a fully 7% lower brain drain rate than China does despite being far poorer. Why is this?

agreed, we have to learn from india.

Stay Rates of Foreign Doctorate Recipients from U.S. Universities, 2005 | USA Study Service

Two of these, China and India, also have the two highest stay rates. The stay rate for India in 2001, 85
percent, is very high given that none of these were permanent residents at the time of graduation.
The 2005 stay rate for Chinese doctorate recipients in Table 7, 92 percent, is the highest observed for
any country in 2005.

China 2,071 95 94 92 92 92
India 756 89 87 86 85 85
Nigeria 10 64 65 65 65 65

What a disgrace that China has a higher rate of brain drain than NIGERIA. India has a fully 7% lower brain drain rate than China does despite being far poorer. Why is this?

Hard to say for such a complex phenomenon. It may have something to do with a Chinese aversion to risk and the safest path often lays in staying in academia and in developed countries. I became a Canadian citizen in my early teens and the decision wasn't really mine but I suspect my parent made the decision out of a sense of wanting a guaranteed better life for me and a sense of job safety for them. (they were offered academic positions in China but decided against it)

i thought the greatest problem is socio-economic inequalities for China..these two may be affiliated though...

also corruption is a problem hard to solve,he will need courage..good luck to him.

Hard to say for such a complex phenomenon. It may have something to do with a Chinese aversion to risk and the safest path often lays in staying in academia and in developed countries. I became a Canadian citizen in my early teens and the decision wasn't really mine but I suspect my parent made the decision out of a sense of wanting a guaranteed better life for me and a sense of job safety for them. (they were offered academic positions in China but decided against it)

The aversion to risk is an unfortunate problem for China and Chinese. It stifles real innovation while producing many useless paper machines. I admire Li Ka Shing, Ren Zhengfei, Chen Guangbiao, Robin Li, Richard Chang, Wang Yongqing and other self made billionaires with high tech companies. My classmates unfortunately look up to the slaves of foreign corporations such as Li Kaifu.

i thought the greatest problem is socio-economic inequalities for China..these two may be affiliated though...

also corruption is a problem hard to solve,he will need courage..good luck to him.

Both are linked. Social welfare money is frequently stolen. No numbers, I know this.

The aversion to risk is an unfortunate problem for China and Chinese. It stifles real innovation while producing many useless paper machines. I admire Li Ka Shing, Ren Zhengfei, Chen Guangbiao, Robin Li, Richard Chang, Wang Yongqing and other self made billionaires with high tech companies. My classmates unfortunately look up to the slaves of foreign corporations such as Li Kaifu.

I agree Americans are often much more willing to takes risks and do things like start their own companies, but it should be said they didn't experience what Chinese people experienced in terms of suffering and hardship (which may explain why we are risk adverse)

This though I feel will change as times get better and more peaceful in China for a prolonged period of time.

I think Premier Wen's future successor Li Keqiang will do a great job of spreading the equality of wealth in China.

I think it will be a grave mistake to emphasize wealth distribution over growth. I'd rather live in an unequal but dynamic society like U.S. than an egalitarian and static one like Japan.

It's not really about wealth distribution but opportunity distribution. Also if the government officials are corrupt then they adversely influence society. They are supposed to be role models.

Back
Top Bottom