What's new

Wearing Hijab Not An Essential Religious Practice, Says Karnataka High Court

Akshay89

BANNED
Reaction score
Country
India
New Delhi:
A hijab is not an essential religious practice, the Karnataka High Court said today in a huge setback to students who had challenged a ban on wearing the hijab in class. Five petitions had challenged the ban in court.

Ahead of the order, the state government banned large gatherings for a week in state capital Bengaluru "to maintain public peace and order". Mangalore too banned large gatherings from March 15 to 19. Schools and colleges are closed in Udupi today.

The Karnataka High Court had temporarily banned religious clothes, including Hijab and saffron scarves, last month as the controversy snowballed into protests and a face-off between different sections of students.

Karnataka High Court decision to uphold hjab ban is deeply disappointing": Former Jammu and Kashmir Chief Minister Mehbooba Mufti.

@Sharma Ji @jamahir @Maira La @Rollno21 @Joe Shearer @N.Siddiqui @Naofumi

Last edited:
Now we have to learn Islamic practices from heathen hindus? lol

Hijab is a mandatory practice for Muslim women. But, they are free to choose if they want to practice hijab or not.

Indian hindus are behaving like mad dogs these days...

Did the court consulted any Islamic body before declaring or decided based on their own understanding? Scarf/hijab does not hide anyone's identity and should not be a concern to anyone.

Indian muslims need to wake up and smell the coffee.

You cannot appease these folks. They nèed to rise up and get their sh1t together
You will never be pleased with Indian Muslims. Your premise is wrong, based on the politicization of a person's religion. This approach should have no place in the world.

Now we have to learn Islamic practices from heathen hindus? lol

Hijab is a mandatory practice for Muslim women. But, they are free to choose if they want to practice hijab or not.

Indian hindus are behaving like mad dogs these days...

Indian muslims need to wake up and smell the coffee.

You cannot appease these folks. They nèed to rise up and get their sh1t together

So Indian Muslims - students especially - need to rise up not to demand real human rights like free housing, free healthcare, free education etc but to demand what is not really an Islamic garment but a Jewish one ?
Jewish burqa 1.jpeg

Jewish burqa 2.jpg

Adding to that an Egyptian Muslim woman parliamentarian and academic, Amna Nosseir, has researched on this and has called for ban on the burqa :
An Egyptian lawmaker has said members of parliament are drafting a law that would ban women from wearing the burqa in government institutions after alleging the Islamic full-face veil was a "Jewish tradition".

Amna Nosseir said on Sunday that the proposed ban would be in the best interest of Egyptian society and that she has been battling against the burqa over the past 40 years.
Nosseir, who wears the hijab, said on Wednesday that the burqa - known in Arabic as the niqab - had its origins in Jewish religious law.

"In the Old Testament, you find in chapter 38 that the Jewish religious authorities tell you that if Jewish women leave the house without covering the face and head then they are breaking Jewish religious law," the lawmaker said during an interview with local media.
"I have gathered around 20 texts by Jewish religious authorities that completely forbid women from showing their faces and heads," Nosseir said while discussing also banning female university students from wearing "ripped jeans" in lectures.

She added that this part of Jewish law became entrenched in pre-Islamic Arab tribes of the Arabian Peninsula and then spread throughout the Middle East with the Muslim conquests.
The verse the lawmaker could be referring to is Genesis 38, where a biblical figure encounters his daughter-in-law in the street and mistakes her for a prostitute because she had covered her face with a veil.
When I was in school and two years of college no girl wore a burqa.

@jamahir
your views?
for the first time, I find a court judgment in women affairs quite valid
seems the judges know more about Islam then Muslims !

Did the court consulted any Islamic body before declaring or decided based on their own understanding? Scarf/hijab does not hide anyone's identity and should not be a concern to anyone.

Thank you, Jf Thunder, for tagging me. I agree with you because I too find myself in one of a few times agreeing with a ruling of the Indian court system.

Vapnope, the Indian courts system consulted Abdullah Yusuf Ali's English translation of the Quran and found no mention of the burqa that these misinformed and misguided girls and their so-called community elders are demanding. :)

Why do Kafir decide what is religious for Muslims or not?

When many Indian Muslims are confused, misinformed and misguided the kafir Indian courts did well this time in letting these particular Muslims know what is in Islam and what not. :)

Last edited:
Vapnope, the Indian courts system consulted Abdullah Yusuf Ali's English translation of the Quran and found no mention of the burqa that these misinformed and misguided girls and their so-called community elders are demanding. :)
Not one established school of thought but a single scholar?

Not one established school of thought but a single scholar?

Not just Pakistan but whole muslim community in the world.

It would be nice to see a world muslim led resistance against piss drinking terrorists of India.
I agree.

But Pakistani Muslims and Indian Muslims are the same people.

Pakistan needs to take the initiative. The safety and security of 250 million Indian Muslims depends on Pakistan.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom