What's new

Wear shalwar kameez at banks to facilitate people better: PM Khan

:( Let's Make Pakistan GREAT AGAIN.
Ignore the issues with the economy & all everything else.
Cosmetic changes like these won't earn any brownie points, Majority of these bank branches will use the local language & Urdu already its not like they are traveling to another part of the world.

How about improving the banking system itself, making it easier accessible online, more secure so people don't lose hard-earned money,
Also instead of printing out 5K bill cut the bigger notes, so its harder for people to carry large amounts.
Try implementing a system so all the workforce gets paid into accounts directly instead of giving cash in hand. That will help customs and put everyone in the system.
Many things can be done but at least do something useful

Dunya agay ja rahi ha aor hum ab peechy chalain gay :lol: .. kuch din bad isny kehna ha gari ki bjay ghoray par safar karain sab yeh zeyada comfortable rahy ga:lol:

He is promoting Pakistani culture and dress which is very commendable. Pakistan is not going to gain any advancement by wearing western clothes, Afghanistan and Iran have already tried this route. Try instead better education, paying taxes and by producing quality goods which we can sell abroad.

Looks like a script out of 4 man show.
I was expecting a much need order like only those that require a $ account to be allowed to have one, all else to be closed.This could have made ruppe stable.

Last edited:
:coffee: It is Called "Customer Experience" or "User Experience" all US fortune 500 companies follow this principle to ensure , the customer has the most amount of comfort when they use the service. Company Employee has to do what they can to help customer use product. What Prime Minister Imran Khan suggested , made reference to enhancing the experience of a Customer Visiting Banks , so more and more people open Bank Accounts

Scenario A:

Customer comes in Wears Shalwar Qamis common outfit in Pakistan Speaks only Urdu
Bank Teller : Wearing foreign outfit , starts using English Terminology, 25% English Vocabulary

Customer Experience:
"Feels Stressed going to Bank!, Comes back home, terrified don't know what was being said!!"

Scenario B:
Customer comes in Wears Shalwar Qamis common outfit in Pakistan Speaks only Urdu
Bank Teller : Wearing Common Outfit , speaks in Urdu , common language

Customer Experience:
"Feels Comfortable , brings back his son and daughter and opens a bank account for them as well "

Last edited:
I know this might come across as a bit obnoxious but I'm surely not the first on here :lol: Shalwar kameez is very feminine, it suits the ladies as its like dress like but does not work on men, just looks a bit silly.

:coffee:
  • Having Bankers , wear pants or business shirt does not makes Bank more efficient unfortunately how customer feels
  • The bulky Suits , create a aura of One person being More "Important" then other , there is sense of being Superior as "I am more Superiorly dressed" , so in that environment people see Customers as Peasants
YES YOU MAY LOOK STYLISH HERO but it does not do much for customer happiness

Most Pakistanis don't understand terminology
  • Saving Account
  • Checking Account
  • Collateral
  • Interest Rate
  • Mortgage
  • Premiums
  • Terms and Services agreement
  • Insurance
  • Co Pay
  • Monthly Deductions
  • Credit Check (I don't think this system exists in Pakistan)

When you "Dress Down" you are at same level as your customer and you see them as your equal

What % of foreigners visit Banks (In Pakistan)?

• May be 1-2% who like Pants and Shirts in Bank
  • 98% locals Wear Shalwar Qamis or other modest form of outfit

Let me tell you when I wear , my Suit , tie and Pants , and looking fantastic , I want people to serve me , not me serving someone else, and this mindset is what Prime Minister Imran Khan was referring to , that if you are Bank Employee do what is best for your "CUSTOMER"

Last edited:
Yet another case of stupidly wearing religion, culture on the sleeve. A lot of the things that IK says reek of hypocrisy and I say this as a PTI supporter. Suddenly everything Western is bad, yet his own boys live in the West and he has dressed in the western attire and spoken English all his life.

I know this might come across as a bit obnoxious but I'm surely not the first on here :lol: Shalwar kameez is very feminine, it suits the ladies as its like dress like but does not work on men, just looks a bit silly.

Fun part, there are people who believe the opposite as in how men in pant shirt look effiminate. Judging by the latest skin tight jeans trend, well, they are not exactly wrong. :D

To all those who are saying that Shalwar kameez is backwards, I hope they are so modern and advanced that their family members are wearing these clothes:

1640891947773.png

Shalwar kameez is very feminine
Then you should wear loose fit and avoid bright colors :lol:

To all those who are saying that Shalwar kameez is backwards, I hope they are so modern and advanced that their family members are wearing these clothes:

View attachment 804707
Shalwaar kameez is unprofessional
Wear a Jinnah suite or sherwani - perfectly normal
It's not about backwards or modern debate
But shalwaar kameez is a working mans cloth, something like working in your pajamas

Not something you would wear in a Bank

Shalwaar kameez is unprofessional
Wear a Jinnah suite or sherwani - perfectly normal
It's not about backwards or modern debate
But shalwaar kameez is a working mans cloth, something like working in your pajamas

Not something you would wear in a Bank

Sherwani comes with shalwar. And it's quite a bit uncomfortable.
Better wear Shalwar Qamee and Wasket.
Just avoid 'gair wali shalwar' :D

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom