What's new

We love our neighbours, but only if they're like us

The most xenophobic group of people has to be either Korean or Japanese, but I'm leaning toward more on the Korean.

It seems that you have some conflict with Korean people recently.

HKer tend to look down on people that have less money. Actually money is the dominant thing that counts in HK.

It seems that you have some conflict with Korean people recently.

Koreans really are more xenophobic, what can you expect from a homogenized country?
My school has a large korean ethnicity and they're very closed off to anyone who is not korean. The hispanics and middle easts students are much more friendly.

taking data from a questionaire and extrapolating it to 'racism' is a bit too much. At least in case of India, the answer gives completely wrong picture. How many people actually face racist attack.
The only people Indians are racist towards are africans, and even they dont face 'racism' as such in India. People need to see real racism in western world to compare it.
This is one aspect where east trumps west.

Koreans really are more xenophobic, what can you expect from a homogenized country?
My school has a large korean ethnicity and they're very closed off to anyone who is not korean. The hispanics and middle easts students are much more friendly.

Thats why they are doing great as a nation. Every successful nation is a homogeneous one.

Thats why they are doing great as a nation. Every successful nation is a homogeneous one.

What about USA? I'm talking about racially homogenized, not homogenized on ideals lol.

AS I said on another thread

You cannot use a single question to gauge the tendency of anything.

http://www.defence.pk/forums/world-affairs/252443-most-racist-countries-world-map.html

This survey is an utter joke, if you ask one question "Who would you not like to have as a neighbour" then I can use the result of the single answer and say you are an racist or not..then. You can use similarly formatted question and get quick answer to many sociological field. Question such as

"What is the sex of your best friend ?" - How many people in the world have an opposite sex best friend?? then am I going to say are they all gay??

"Do you want a Male or Female housemate?" how many would actually say male housemate? (Unless you are a really, REALLY horny girl), then aren't we all sexist??

Racism can only be judge in a multi-spectrum investigation. As far as I concern people comes up with one dimension questionnaire have its own agenda to start with, which you can twist the question easily and form up the response you like.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom