What's new

We do not even match up Pakistan as far defence goes: IAF Vice Chief

Status
Not open for further replies.
The air war lasted two weeks and the Pakistanis scored a
three-to-one kill ratio, knocking out 102 Russian-made Indian jets and losing thirty-four airplanes of their own.

It was a US ploy those days as Pak was using F-86 sabres and the US wanted to lure other countries to import it. If they would have said that the "Russian made Indian jets" are beating their "US made jets" then it would not only had affected the sales of "US made jets" but also made their counterparts in NATO nervous. The practice is still done. No country would like to accept the superiority of it's enemies jets and would do that only to put pressure on it's Govt. in a tricky decision like those of F-22.

That was part of my point above. China has been in a stronger military and economic position for over two decades. Not once did they show any serious intention to get involved in a military conflict with you. Now that you are capable of countering most Pakistani conventional threats, you look to China. Remember, it was India that increased posturing on the Sino-Indian border, not China.

It is a repetitive cycle, and it never ends. One must define where "defence" ends and "offence" begins. My suggestion to you is this, think of what real threats India faces, and then think of what you already have to counter them. You will find that you are in a pretty good situation as it as, even without all the excessive arms build-up, at which point, you might begin to see the MMRCA and such deals as the public theft they really are (at least to me). The reason I am so concerned is this; the more you build your arms, the more we will have to build ours. This will cost us money directly taken away from the common man; the middle class worker, the farmer, the teacher, the mechanic, the truck driver and many other deserving people.

No offense to the Chinese friends here but our country has a genuine doubts over Chine after 1962 debacle..PAFace there are some skirmishes between India and China after 1962 and in 1987 it almost get in to the war..and Chinese also improving the infrastructure of the borders which will help them to deploy Army in the border fastly.No need for them to start moving up troops months before war unlike India.and also there are some provocations from the Chinese part like issuing Stapled Visas and there are some diplomatic war about Arunachal Pradesh.In Indian view point its an act of provocation from the part of China ..Even if they argue that the improvement in the border infrastructure is for people in the border areas we can be certain that it will be a big help for military purpose..

I understand your concern about Arm race and being from a middle class family i am also more concerned about my daily life than the fancy weapons our military purchases ..Arm race should be controlled from the bigger countries to the smaller one..If US cut defense expenditure it will help China to lower the defense expenditure and so naturally India will feel more safe than before so she can also cut her military budget and so is Pakistan..Instead i dont understand the logic of people advocating us to control arms when others are acquiring new and new weapons ..

^^I wouldnt read too much into the IAF AM's statement - this is a message for the indian establishment/politicians to "hurry-up" with awarding of procurement contracts - nothing to do with us !

the IAF IMO cannot be under-estimated - dont get into a false sense of security and useless "bravado"!

Last edited:
there is more to this the indian prime minister MMS is to visit the US end of the month and then russia on 5-7 dec< possibility that i may meet him in moscow on the visit>
this statement comes in the awake of these visits which might transform into more purchases of significant technology remember there is a media cell on every government office who directs and clears statements from various heads so its a planned policy to pay the victim card and go for more purchases

they need a lot more to do to bring themselves to the level of PAKISTANi defence.. even Indian commandos were unable to tackle mumbai terrorists.. this shows the "strength" of Indian forces...:pakistan:

they need a lot more to do to bring themselves to the level of PAKISTANi defence.. even Indian commandos were unable to tackle mumbai terrorists.. this shows the "strength" of Indian forces...:pakistan:

Thanks for ur informative post ! :whistle:

Pakistan's security and intelligence did an awesome job with the Sri Lankan team. Kudos:toast_sign:

^^I wouldnt read too much into the IAF AM's statement - this is a message for the indian establishment/politicians to "hurry-up" with awarding of procurement contracts - nothing to do with us !

Ding, Ding Ding...we have a winner. Our 3stars do this all the time.

they are getting 100 of new fighter jets and pakfa what does they want more

That was part of my point above. China has been in a stronger military and economic position for over two decades. Not once did they show any serious intention to get involved in a military conflict with you. Now that you are capable of countering most Pakistani conventional threats, you look to China. Remember, it was India that increased posturing on the Sino-Indian border, not China.

India increased posturing? Could you qualify that? Just asing cause i thought it was the other way round. No offense

Also without doubt, the Vice chief's quote would have been out of context considering today's media's technique of convinient editing. Further this statement would actually have been directed to the political leadership of India. A very bold step in itself. Unlike Pakistan, in India, the military is extremely firmly held under civilian control. It is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom