What's new

We can't match India militarily: Pak def min

Status
Not open for further replies.

rkjindal91

Reaction score
We can't match India militarily: Pak def minister

28 JUN, 2011, 06.04PM IST,PTI

ISLAMABAD: Pakistan cannot afford to match the induction of modern weaponry by India, which possibly has a greater capacity to sustain a war, Pakistani defence minister Chaudhry Ahmad Mukhtar has said.:suicide:

"If we only try to match them (India) militarily and buy the sort of armament which they have, we will probably not be able to afford it," Mukhtar said.

Explaining his contention, he noted that India's economy is "six to seven times bigger than" Pakistan's and its trade volumes were "five to six times greater".

"The capacity of India and Pakistan to fight was for 20 to 22 days. Now India has inducted a lot of armaments, may be they can last for 45 days, we will not be able to do so," Mukhtar said in an interview to BBC Urdu.

He was responding to a question on whether the projection of India as Pakistan's greatest enemy was the root of the country's problems.

Mukhtar noted that the two countries were taking steps to improve relations in the aftermath of the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.

"Slowly the process of meetings has started. People are going across the border. Nobody had ever thought they could walk suitcase in hand to Amritsar via Wagah but that is the reality now and it is happening," he said.

This was happening, he said, "in spite of the fact that wars were fought, there were problems on the border and the Mumbai incident".

That's what we have been trying to explain them since 47.

already posted.

You have just sent an open invitation to trolls after opening this thread :cheesy:

And this is news??!!:rofl::rofl: Only some foolish people ever thought other wise. Why the need to clarify? Maybe he was trying to communicate with those in his country rather than project an image to rest of the world.

But I like the "maybe we can't afford" same sophisticated weapons as India. There is no maybe about it but he is stubborn to the end. I bet this was said through gritted teeth!!

Pakistan has never sought to match india for quantity, we have always gone for minimum credible deterrence which we have achieved and are maintaining.

already posted, and the previous one was closed becuase it i not news, agnostic muslim will come by and close this thread.

In quantity, India is far superior. However, Pakistan has a slight edge over India in quality.

Size and quantity doesn't matter much in these scenarios. Look at the USA vs. Vietnam for example, or China vs. India.

What's new in this news??? Like seriously this something which every soldier of PA knows and that defines their war doctrines practiced in different war exercises. I don't know why but this joota farosh defense minister is hell bend on proving that he is not fit for this ministry.

I think Pakistan does have the superior strategic weapons, but India does maintain a significant advantage in term of the conventional weapons.

In quantity, India is far superior. However, Pakistan has a slight edge over India in quality.
I'm sorry but Pakistan simply doesn't have an edge in qunaity or quality. Where AF? IAF has more 4th gen fighters and of higher standard (4.5+ gen) and is to get 5th gen. IAF is to get its own dedicated satellite this year and C4I cability by 2012. Same goes for IN with ACCs, stealth frigates and destroyers etc and IA with missiles, F-INSAS etc all services are to have dedicated satellites by 2014.

Qualitative edge? I can't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom