What's new

We are not safe at Swami Vivekanand Subharti University: Kashmiri students

Edevelop

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
SRINAGAR- Even as sedition charges have been dropped against the 67 Kashmiri students who were suspended by a private university in Uttar Pradesh for having supported Pakistan’s cricket team in a game against India, they still face a potential threat to their career as they remain booked for causing disharmony and mischief. The students of Swami Vivekanand Subharti University (SVSU) in Meerut were booked by police under Sections 124 (a), 153 (a), and 427 of the Indian Penal Code (IPC) after they were alleged to have cheered for Pakistan in the Asia Cup cricket match against India. An FIR (no. 113/2014) was registered against them reportedly on the university’s complaint. The uproar in Kashmir valley and subsequent intervention of the J&K government resulted in the police dropping sedition charge against the students. They, however, continue to face charges under IPC sections 153 (a) and 427 for ‘causing disharmony’ and for ‘mischief’, respectively.

Legal experts say the two charges can be detrimental to the career of the 67 Kashmiri students. “These charges can be equally damaging for their career. The students will be prosecuted, the evidences can be manipulated against them, and then they can even be convicted,” senior lawyer Zaffar A Shah told Kashmir Reader, as he questioned the legality of imposing charges on the students. Meanwhile, surprised by the conduct of the authorities and the subsequent filing of charges against them, the Kashmiri students seem reluctant to return to the campus.

“We are not safe in that university,” a group of the students told journalists. They added “The local students (at SVSU) are threatening us every day on the varsity’s Facebook page. They want to kill us, and this is not the first time they have tried to harm us.” So far, the Kashmiri students haven’t been given a chance to speak before the inquiry committee, which the varsity claims to have set up for looking into the matter. As per the Kashmir students’ account, they were given just half an hour to leave the campus on Monday without being heard by the varsity authorities. “The university has acted against us without hearing us. We haven’t been given a chance to speak, and they have already pronounced us guilty. There is not a single word against the local students who actually conspired against us.” the students said.

We are not safe at Swami Vivekanand Subharti University: Kashmiri students

Lol, I just don't know what to say here. I mean, how much of a moron do you have to be if you think its even remotely appropriate to cheer for pakistani cricket team in an Indian varsity ? I'm not going to say if its right or wrong, its really just idiotic - especially considering its a private university called "Swami Vivekanand Subharti University (SVSU)".

The students literally paid to get their assess whupped.

Weren't they offered a safe place to study in Pakistan?....
They should go there immediately along with their families....since they're not feeling safe here....and stop doing 'dramabazi'...

Lol, I just don't know what to say here. I mean, how much of a moron do you have to be if you think its even remotely appropriate to cheer for pakistani cricket team in an Indian varsity ? I'm not going to say if its right or wrong, its really just idiotic - especially considering its a private university called "Swami Vivekanand Subharti University (SVSU)".

The students literally paid to get their assess whupped.

These students should get not be kicked out from the college for 'supporting Pakistan',,,but beings idiots of the highest order..I mean how stupid can u be if u chant anti-Indian slogans in a pro-indian crowd...did they think they are in one of stupid Geelani's rallies???

How many more threads?
Until the thirst is quenched. This incident provides a huge propaganda coup. So no one will tire of repeating such threads ad nauseam. It gives intense orgiastic pleasure to many. So, expect many more such threads to emerge on this forum. :azn:

As for me I care a fook. But the Kasmiri students shouting pro Pakistan slogans, if true, is unacceptable. These are the representatives of, and supporters of the lame duck pro-Pakistan Hurriyat Conference in Kashmir.

And the tragedy is, that the Indian government is subsidizing their education by dishing out scholarships by the hundreds to them.

Typical case of, 'jis plate men khana, ussi plate men thookna'! Why don't they apply for visas and study in Pakistan if they like it so much? But the problem is that these fundoos will never get subsidized education there. And they know it.

Out here, they're having the cake and eating it too! And having the last laugh!

:hitwall: * 67
They could begin from there and end from there, for what they have done.

So finally what happened? Kashmiri students want to go to Pakistan or not?

This news calls for atleast 30 or 40 more threads. This is just ridiculous, this is gross violation of human rights by the occupying university authorities, denying the only humans this side of the border the right to act irresponsibly and endanger peace and harmony in a place of education, and yet being left to live another day to get high on an overdose of sloganeering orgy and incessant complaining...

Have the GOI finance your education in some premier Indian university. :sarcastic:

Weren't they offered a safe place to study in Pakistan?....
They should go there immediately along with their families....since they're not feeling safe here....and stop doing 'dramabazi'...

Going to Pakistan is not the Solution.

The real Solution is for these 250 million remaining Muslims in India to carve out their own country.

They are 25% of India's Population and they should seize 25% of Indian territory and start a new Country,

Back
Top Bottom