What's new

‘We are clearly heading towards a situation India is facing’: Pakistan’s ticking Covid timebomb

Why not Rangers? GoP has full control via Min of Interior? Just a question, hope you dont mind.

Sikh pilgrims?
It’s irrelevant who enforces it since the problem is too big. Just Tariq road in Karachi would require military everywhere and basically armed with sticks to make sure families stay 6 feet apart.

This ignorant low IQ populace is cross using masks, attending weddings that lead to funerals which they attend enmasse as well - then go to weddings again. Imagine the spread coming on eid!

Contact tracing worked exceptionally well in China. I think a combination of tactical lockdown and contact tracing is the most effective way to curb the spread.

Why not Rangers? GoP has full control via Min of Interior? Just a question, hope you dont mind.

Honestly, I don't know. For a civilian shareef guy like me, anyone who is wearing camo or is not in police uniform is military :D But i think rangers is what they called. Could be mistaken though, dunno.

Contact tracing worked exceptionally well in China. I think a combination of tactical lockdown and contact tracing is the most effective way to curb the spread.
Who will provide the 2 exabyte cloud to store what will be Pakistani contact tracing during Eid.

Lets think about it - almost like a factorial the Eid visits are.
Each family tries to visit the house of all of their relatives - who are doing the same. Which means that if a family is visiting and exposing themselves to 18 other households within a span of three days - each of those households will also expose themselves to 18 others. Anyone want to do the math on the number of exposures?

Who will provide the 2 exabyte cloud to store what will be Pakistani contact tracing during Eid.

Lets think about it - almost like a factorial the Eid visits are.
Each family tries to visit the house of all of their relatives - who are doing the same. Which means that if a family is visiting and exposing themselves to 18 other households within a span of three days - each of those households will also expose themselves to 18 others. Anyone want to do the math on the number of exposures?

I see your point but I guess there is no cookie cutter solution .

@Blacklight Found this on google

Up to 818 Sikhs from India came to border town Kartarpur through the corridor in a procession. They will leave for India after an overnight stay at the holy place.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1619169

I see your point but I guess there is no cookie cutter solution .

@Blacklight Found this on google

Up to 818 Sikhs from India came to border town Kartarpur through the corridor in a procession. They will leave for India after an overnight stay at the holy place.

https://www.dawn.com/news/1619169
One compromised possibility is to essentially offer a “Pass” for shopping based upon ID cards. So a family that has been there once is not allowed again along with the car and to limit capacity at shops and enforce clear lines outdoors. So blockade shops, create lines for each store and then let people’s own patience wear out with this.

One compromised possibility is to essentially offer a “Pass” for shopping based upon ID cards. So a family that has been there once is not allowed again along with the car and to limit capacity at shops and enforce clear lines outdoors. So blockade shops, create lines for each store and then let people’s own patience wear out with this.

isn’t it easier to shop online?

isn’t it easier to shop online?
E-commerce is simply not mature or adopted by the masses. Unlike our country where we get on Instacart to order a can of coke - 98% of Pakistani population is still using cash at small-medium shops for most of their needs.

Forget about Eid for now, our government is so confident that despite having an option of school assessed grading system that was acceptable to Cambridge, it still went on to opt for conducting examinations physically.

A disaster is in the making.

Yes it is serious but I think Pakistan is highly unlikely to face anything anywhere near what is happening in India.

It's rate of cases is not climbing exponentially as India's has done and it has not done irresponsible things like allow mass gatherings and election rallies.

Modi is totally irresponsible as although it looked like India had reached "herd immunity" in January this year, you do not then have a free-for all. It is always best to take a step-by-step approach if your "vulnerable" are not yet vaccinated.

BD seems to be putting the vius back in it's box as daily case rates have more than halved since the peak just over 2 weeks ago and still coming down.

This is a serious virus but reducing social contact will always reign it in.

All of us are seriously asking the wrath of Allah SWT, as there are clear instructions in the Islam to opt out precautions for disease like Covid.
Situation is as bad as you can't imagine, in a month I twice asked COO and HR to enforce SOP, no one is maintaining social distancing nor wearing masks, and both just ignored.
P. S: last summer COO got infected and still he is not wearing mask aged 55 plus
May Allah mercy upon ourselves we are literally calling the disaster

Back
Top Bottom