What's new

Ways of improving India-Bangladesh bilateral relations?

Bangladesh faces tension sparked by Myanmar's reported military and refugee build-up on the border - Indian Military ready to help in case of need
Bangladesh is looking towards India for assistance in case of a conflict.

Hope BD members esp MBI Munshi convey message from their heart and request their govt not to accept Indian Aid as that may be a RAW conspiracy to demean Bangladesh.

I know the best way to Improve India and BD relations.

we start this thread on a more moderate forum with more moderate members.

Bangladesh would have been a part of Pakistan had India not intervened.

We armed and trained the mukti bhani, where do you think you got your weapons from?

Dream ON as much as you can. Mukti Bahani core fighter were all trained EPR( later BDR) and East Bengal regiment, answer and police.

So called indian trained mukti bahani was just a number. Yes, india did give us logistic supply no doubt about that. Also last 17 days of war, india did play a major role. But before that time, most of the area was under the mukti bahani's control except some key post.

Read little bit more about this.

[/COLOR]
[Already a list of 700 negative items have been reduced to 400 and other positive signs have been given out to Dipu Moni. Bangladesh has also done a lot in closing down training camps and clamping down on militants operating form Bangladesh.

Ejaz,

Well,Indian Govt. had promised us many things in the past.But each time when it came to fulfilling the promises,those never saw light.
So it is hard to feel good,unless we actually see promises are being kept by Indian govt.

If that happens,it will certainly make the relation stronger.But if it doesn't,then it will aggravate.

BTW they did not yet allow ready made garments and footwear.

Bangladeshi companies such as PRAN's food products are gaining a good market in NE India.I had read somewhere before that PRAN was willing to set up a plant in NE India.I am not sure what's the progress on that now.

So called indian trained mukti bahani was just a number. Yes, india did give us logistic supply no doubt about that. Also last 17 days of war, india did play a major role. But before that time, most of the area was under the mukti bahani's control except some key post.

Read little bit more about this.

Just a thought, what was stopping Pakistan from retaking bangladesh after mukti bahani's victory.

Indirectly or directly India played a crucial role in founding Bangladesh.
The can be said of the late USSR.

This question is to the real Bangladeshis on the forum, what was the primary incident that worsened the India-Bangladesh relations, considering that they started out on the right foot.:what:

This question is to the real Bangladeshis on the forum, what was the primary incident that worsened the India-Bangladesh relations, considering that they started out on the right foot.:what:

It did not change overnight.The cause are so many and so vast that volumes can be written about it.
So just take a look back on the incidents from 1971 to 2009,you will get an idea.But try to look in neutral source.
And I believe both side was responsible for worsening the relation.

Just a thought, what was stopping Pakistan from retaking bangladesh after mukti bahani's victory.

I think, it is the Indian govt attitude towards BD that has caused a gradual erase of confidence in India as a friend. Indian leaders (read population) thought since BD people are against Pakistan, therefore, they must be India friendly. India did not try to understand how we were determined to build an independent nation free of influence by India as well.

India tried to bypass the population by taking our leaders in its confidence. When we felt our leaders were trying to betray us, they were eliminated in 1975. On the other hand, India organized the killing of one of our Presidents in 1981, who tried to steer away his country from the influence of India and to forge strong relationship with China.

BD people are not here to accept Indian hegemony. To arrange a forced submission, the tyrant India, then, started to block all our river water flow by building dams across the border. It is again India who is aggressively trying to get a transit facility thru BD without a simultaneous resolution if other important issues between the two countries.

Aggressive Indians are fond of telling about waging a war to force us to accept India's hegemony. India should try that and see the result.
A big India with trillion dollar economy and multi-million number of troops cannot stop even a few pockets of terrorismm now. So, how it is going to tackle new waves of terror when a moderate like me also will take up arms to inflict pain on India if it decides to wage a war on us. Check the result of such an aggression on the affairs of Assam.

A BD-India bilateral relationship can be based on the mutual respect for sovereignty and territorial integrity of both the nations. When India takes over a few acres of our border land, it only helps to recruit fundamentalists by some extremist groups. So, before India sweet-talks about relationship, it must settle the territorial issues including South Talpatty, and open its market for BD goods and investments.

I think, it is the Indian govt attitude towards BD that has caused a gradual erase of confidence in India as a friend....

On the other hand, India organized the killing of one of our Presidents in 1981, .........

BD people are not here to accept Indian hegemony.....

To arrange a forced submission, the tyrant India, .....

It is again India who is aggressively trying to get a transit facility thru BD without a simultaneous resolution if other important issues between the two countries......

Aggressive Indians are fond of telling about waging a war to force us to accept India's hegemony.....

India should try that and see the result.....

So, before India sweet-talks about relationship.....

EastWatch ..... First, Altrusim was never a BD endemic. So stop being on a moral high ground. Shall we?. We Indian's Dont need your smarmy condescension to know about what we need to do to protect our national interest's.

I see you degenerate day by day and taking the same pill that ails pan-islamist, specially on this forum. You may wish to continue to huff and puff with your strawman, merrily, i may add, with your tribe here. Or you can put aside your Xenophobia and debate with a open mind.

And I believe both side was responsible for worsening the relation.

I agree. More importantly, lack of any strategic foreign policies , on both sides, contributed to this.

Leon...... but as a indian, i see north block correcting the mistake. Dhaka too has shown willingness on same, but i fear, next term change at your center, will again bring in a U-Turn in your stance.

EastWatch ..... First, Altrusim was never a BD endemic. So stop being on a moral high ground. Shall we?. We Indian's Dont need your smarmy condescension to know about what we need to do to protect our national interest's.

I see you degenerate day by day and taking the same pill that ails pan-islamist, specially on this forum. You may wish to continue to huff and puff with your strawman, merrily, i may add, with your tribe here. Or you can put aside your Xenophobia and debate with a open mind.

india wants to impose its hegemony under the package of subservient relation.In indian dictionary ONLY subservient relation means good relation. That has been the case since Bangladesh independence. Fact that Bangladeshi people resent that, india and Indians trying to use religious and extremist label on Bangladeshis. Same indian scheme failed with all of its neighbors and resented. Going by indian logic, what indian will label Nepalis as hindu extremist?? And Srilankan as Buddhist extremist??? What an utter bankrupt indian scheme.

Like other indian neighbors, Bangladeshi people do not trust indian, that’s why india had to put so much effort in interfering in internal politics and even in army to install people of their choice.
If one look carefully, indian hegemonic and dominating desire actually embolden by hindu extremism itself. Which neither BJP nor congress govt is free from. While bjp hegemonic policy guided by raw extremism, congress hegemonic policy guided by refined version of that hindu supremacy.

Even in their own country, 200 million of it Dalits, another 250 millions of Muslims could not escape from supression of indian society and culture. And that should speak volume on indian deception.

india wants to impose its hegemony under the package of subservient relation.In indian dictionary ONLY subservient relation means good relation. That has been the case since Bangladesh independence. Fact that Bangladeshi people resent that, india and Indians trying to use religious and extremist label on Bangladeshis. Same indian scheme failed with all of its neighbors and resented. Going by indian logic, what indian will label Nepalis as hindu extremist?? And Srilankan as Buddhist extremist??? What an utter bankrupt indian scheme.

Like other indian neighbors, Bangladeshi people do not trust indian, that’s why india had to put so much effort in interfering in internal politics and even in army to install people of their choice.
If one look carefully, indian hegemonic and dominating desire actually embolden by hindu extremism itself. Which neither BJP nor congress govt is free from. While bjp hegemonic policy guided by raw extremism, congress hegemonic policy guided by refined version of that hindu supremacy.

Even in their own country, 200 million of it Dalits, another 250 millions of Muslims could not escape from supression of indian society and culture. And that should speak volume on indian deception.

Liedune: You forgot to include the usual word's: Lie, Deception, RAW, Deceitful, Nefarious. Kindly edit your post.

Hope BD members esp MBI Munshi convey message from their heart and request their govt not to accept Indian Aid as that may be a RAW conspiracy to demean Bangladesh.
BD govt has certainly not consulted with the news reporters about Burma issue. Indian newspapers are just flattering themselves by printing such a trash. Can someone think of a situation that BD govt will ask for any outside help, let alone Indian one, when even a single bullet has not been fired?

Do not forget, we ourselves have half million or more troops in total. The news was created by the reporters and MBI Munshi has accepted it in its face value. By the way, USA is going to send us 21 units of naval ships, small and big. We need assistance from countries like USA and EU, with whom we have good trading relationship. But, from India? it is always a big nay.

Last edited:

So, instead of using all those difficult words, say something about your program of vacating our land and sea territories, and by doing so show your open heart.

India should be more open minded and keep off from Bangladeshi territory in the Bay of Bengal, be more reasonable and friendly in trades, not kill innocent farmers or take away their cattle at the border and never ever build a dam on a river that flows into Bangladesh. None of these will affect India in a negative way. However failure in any one of these delicate issues will certainly let a small portion of Bangladeshi power brokers lean towards Pakistan and the evil ISI. Trust me, regardless of how little harmful Bangladesh looks as ISI base, it's not something India will want. So, don't let that happen by fulfilling what I said in the beginning. Pakistan won't have a chance and Indo-Bangla relation would blossom, for the better of everyone.

India left Bangladesh in all sense the moment they won the 71 war. Even though Bangladeshis knew all along that Indians were primarily fighting against Pakistan and aiding Muktibahini for their very own benefit, Indians acted way too selfish after the war ended favourably for them. i.e. They took authority to pardon at least 200 marked Pakistani officers who raped and massacred in 1971 as a gesture of their "good will" to Pakistan when there was no need of that! I mean when India was giving back 97000 of Pakistani POW to India, that was more than good will or gesture or whatever you call it. India did not take into account the demand of Bangladeshis regarding war criminals. Well, there was Yankee pressure but trying some of them would have cost nothing from Indian perspective. Some other things along with this culminated ISI helping "Bengali but ex-pakistani army" officers in Bangladesh army killing Sheikh Mujib and then Zia turned his back on India. There was not much help or recognition for Bangladesh unless we had support from USA/China/key middle eastern countries and to get that we needed to back off from India, who was not helping either.

But now the time has changed and India is in a better position to be considerate and if they truly are then Bangladesh can also get away from ISI trap and both Bangladesh and India can become friendlier neighbours.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom