What's new

Washington's Loss, Moscow's Gain? Russia 'Cozying Up' With Pakistan

that's a good way do avoid taking any responsibility for your own actions
Pakistan responsibility is secondary..................... United States has primary responsibility............... and they are Prime Terror State in World............. look, every where there is war, there is United States........... now plz don't insult your self by saying that United States is there to bring some democracy or freedom or what ever justification they give

Pakistan responsibility is secondary..................... United States has primary responsibility............... and they are Prime Terror State in World............. look, every where there is war, there is United States........... now plz don't insult your self by saying that United States is there to bring some democracy or freedom or what ever justification they give
Blue text: rehash, see earlier posts.
Red text: do you know the differrence between a correlation and a causal relationship? And do you know what directionality means in that context?
Green text: don't attempt to put words in my mouth. I've spoken about the US in terms of 'real politik' only. In the final analysis, Pakistan has been receiving quite a bit from the US, far more than from any other nation, and for a far longer period (66 yerars). Solve your internal and external problems before putting blame elsewhere.

Last edited:
Blue text: rehash, see earlier posts.
Red text: do you know the differrence between a correlation and a causel relationship? And do you know what directionality means in that context?
Green text: don't attempt to put words in my mouth. I've spoken about the US in terms of 'real politik' only. In the final analysis, Pakistan has been receiving quite a bit from the US, far more than from any other nation, and for a far longer period (66 yerars). Solve your internal and external problems before putting blame elsewhere.
Once again I disagree............ but I am not here to win some court case here with you............. All I believe that WOrld will be a better place if United States stop playing with his allies fr the sake of its interests........... that's it............

LOL, don't you know that it is never Pakistan's fault? Anything bad must be blamed on somebody else so that Pakistanis do not have any responsibility for what happens in their own country. That approach always fails miserably.
@Syed.Ali.Haider where have you been my friend?

Because our spineless leadership is on American and Saudi payroll.
@DESERT FIGHTER , so now it's the Saudi's and our fault? What is next? It's the Mossad, the CIA, the Indians, the Israelis, the Zionist? And after that? The Klingons? Romulans? The Borg? Jeeeez!

As @Syed.Ali.Haider said, you choose to blame everybody except yourselves. Hell I can even blame my neighbor's dog..

Once again I disagree............ but I am not here to win some court case here with you............. All I believe that WOrld will be a better place if United States stop playing with his allies fr the sake of its interests........... that's it............
and who would be the logical choice to replace us? Yours?

There is no need to find replacements.....

Then...

upload_2016-2-4_9-56-16.png

1033748835.jpg

Pakistani journalist Naveed Ahmad suggests that as Washington disengages from Pakistan, a process he likens to 'loosening the noose', Moscow, in a number of areas, has, on the contrary, chosen to 'cautiously cozy up' with Islamabad.

In his analysis, published Monday in Pakistani English-language newspaper The Express Tribune, Ahmad recalled that while President Obama was busy gaining Islamabad's ire with remarks suggesting that instability would plague the country 'for decades', "Russian Army Chief General Oleg Salyukov," on the other hand, "approved holding military exercises with Pakistan codenamed Indestructible Brotherhood."

"The first-ever Russian-Pakistani special war games in mountainous terrain are one of seven international exercises planned by the Kremlin for 2016. A Russian military-technical cooperation team has just concluded its visit to Pakistan," the journalist explained.

"After overruling Indian objections against the sale of four Mi-24 Hind gunship helicopters to Pakistan last year, Russia will now directly export Klimov RD-93 engines [to the country]. Besides enhancing the capability of the JF-17 Thunder jet [jointly developed by Pakistan and China], the engine's direct import will earn the fighter jet greater confidence from foreign customers."

Furthermore, the journalist noted, "the order for the Russian [Mi-24] gunships is likely to be ratcheted up to 20 helicopters. The next test case for Moscow will be Pakistan's desire to buy Su-35 fighter jets, which it's delivering to China this year."

"For Pakistan," Ahmad suggests, "Russia is an alternate source of sophisticated military weaponry." For its part, he adds, Islamabad "hopes that Russian military transactions won't come with political strings, Putin's ambition for global leadership notwithstanding."

And even though Russia, for many decades, has had a special relationship with India — one which it has no intention of breaking, relations between Moscow and Islamabad have nevertheless been improving, "after a decade of diplomatic efforts."

On the geostrategic level, recalling that "the Kremlin has neither forgotten Afghanistan nor the role Pakistan played in frustrating its ambitions," referring to Islamabad's assistance for jihadists fighting Soviet forces in Afghanistan in the 1980s, the journalist, somewhat oddly, suggests that today, Russia "is pursuing a more Machiavellian approach to Pakistan and Afghanistan."

"For now," Ahmad notes, "Moscow seeks stability in both countries, [and] has lauded the Pakistani effort to curb extremism and end the insurgency in Afghanistan."

That Russia seeks stability in a region bordering the soft underbelly of Central Asia, where Moscow has struggled against Islamist terrorism and drug trafficking since the collapse of the Soviet Union, should come as no surprise to the analyst.

Instead, he argues, "in pursuit of a renewed quest for geopolitical dominance, Russia is bidding to win newer allies and markets." In Pakistan, "besides selling high-tech defense hardware, Moscow is exploiting its advances in the energy sector too. For starters, Russia will be laying a $2-$2.5 billion gas pipeline from Karachi to Lahore. Rostec Corporation will start building the pipeline next year."

Just as importantly, Ahmad recalls, "Islamabad is also currently working to finalize a free trade agreement with Russia. The success of the China-Pakistan Economic Corridor may lead to a long-envisioned transit trade agreement with Eurasian states. Pakistan has been aiming for an FTA with the Eurasian Economic Union."

At the same time, the journalist suggests, "there is a lesser degree of warmth among members of the Pakistani business community" toward increased business cooperation with Russia. This, he notes, is related to the possible politicization of any economic relations between the two countries, exemplified recently by the downturn in economic relations between Russia and Turkey following Ankara's shoot down of a Russian jet over Syria late last year.

In any case, Ahmad notes, "Pakistan has so far treaded a fine line in its advances toward Russia," abstaining from commentary on the Crimean referendum which saw the peninsula return to Russia in 2014, and "exercising caution" regarding the Russian military intervention in Syria.

Ultimately, the journalist suggests, "Russia and Pakistan neither share strategic partners (with the exception of China) nor have convergence of foreign policy interests. Due to a lack of business ties and the absence of people-to-people contacts, the military-to-military dealings will be remain an exception."

For its part, Ahmad notes, "learning from past experiences, Islamabad is least likely to choose sides between Moscow and Washington. The Kremlin is in no hurry either." Still, "as Washington gradually disengages itself from Islamabad, Moscow has chosen to cautiously cozy up with Pakistan."
Losing Pak will not be anything less than a disaster for the USA. It means the loss of leverage to check potential security issues emanating from Afghsnistan. Moreover, the Russian-Iraninan onslaught in the greater ME will go unabated, which will undermine the US influence in energy sources and passages. Pak's ability to help out GCC countries will be seriously curtailed due to her overt dependence on non-US global powers. If US policy makers can live with that it's fine, if not then they should seriously think about rehauling the relationship before it moves beyond "make or break" point..

We are already, you will be colonized by muslim majority in 100 years:lol:

American Muslims are Americans nonetheless.. There is "FREEDOM OF RELIGION" here if you haven't heard.
Ever heard of the First Amendment?

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

There you go.. Even if the US of A becomes Muslim Majority it is fine as long as they are ""REAL AMERICANS"".

If not... Get ready for serious *ss whoopin'!!!

Funny such a statement coming from a "Pakistani" living in the UK.

@Providence , @mike2000 is back , and @Steve781 stop drinking that tea and eating haggis! What can you guys say about our friend here?

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:

American Muslims are Americans nonetheless.. There is "FREEDOM OF RELIGION" here if you haven't heard.
Ever heard of the First Amendment?

The First Amendment (Amendment I) to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or prohibiting the petitioning for a governmental redress of grievances. It was adopted on December 15, 1791, as one of the ten amendments that constitute the Bill of Rights.

There you go.. Even if the US of A becomes Muslim Majority it is fine as long as they are ""REAL AMERICANS"".

If not... Get ready for serious *ss whoopin'!!!

Funny such a statement coming from a "Pakistani" living in the UK.

@Providence , @mike2000 is back , and @Steve781 stop drinking that tea and eating haggis! What can you guys say about our friend here?

:usflag::usflag::usflag::usflag:
It is you who have declared war against muslims and declared billions of muslims as enemy of the west.
And can you plz answer one simple question, who started the modern day jihad aka terrorism and where?

It is you who have declared war against muslims and declared billions of muslims as enemy of the west.
And can you plz answer one simple question, who started the modern day jihad and where?

Certaily not us.

We did not declare war on Muslims, we declared war on "Terrorist". Do not believe in everything you hear!!! @Syed.Ali.Haider can you please tell this clown what you have posted earlier buddy? Jeeez!

As I have mentioned so many bloody times to @haviZsultan , I'm now telling you @salmanACCA ..

STOP WATCHING AND LISTENING TO "AMERICA IS EVIL!!!" PROPAGANDA!!! Its screwing with your mind!!!!

Now run along boy!

Certaily not us.

We did not declare war on Muslims, we declared war on "Terrorist". Do not believe in everything you hear!!! @Syed.Ali.Haider can you please tell this clown what you have posted earlier buddy? Jeeez!

As I have mentioned so many bloody times to @haviZsultan , I'm now telling you @salmanACCA ..

STOP WATCHING AND LISTENING TO "AMERICA IS EVIL!!!" PROPAGANDA!!! Its screwing with your mind!!!!

Now run along boy!
So why are these terrorists only in countries with oil or strategic location? In nigeria boko haram is killings hundreds, why dont the world peace leader do something about that?

So why are these terrorists only in countries with oil or strategic location? In nigeria boko haram is killings hundreds, why dont the world peace leader do something about that?

How the hell should I know!? Maybe they are "TERRORISTS" and that is where their Momma's live?

How the hell should I know!? Maybe they are "TERRORISTS" and that is where their Momma's live?
And whats your opinion about OBL and the fact that he was an american hero and CIA asset during the fight against the USSR under the flag of islamic holy war against the evil soviets intiated and how was he able to attack US mainland right under the nose of CIA?

Back
Top Bottom