What's new

Was Pakistan Ready on May 11th, 1998?

I'm not questioning the ability of PA or your subsequent response to the test. My point was regarding this particular statement.

Simultaneously, through the recently introduced internet, we got a special connection and hooked on to a satellite that transmitted pictures of Pokhran with a 48 hours delay. Initially there was no activity but by February 1998, we began noticing track marks and considerable activity.

We estimated three months before India could resume nuclear testing.

That's a sweeping remark to make. Those were the days when the nuclear elite did not want outsiders like India or even Pakistan to join the club and Indo-US were close to non-existent. Had it been this obvious I'm sure the US had more accurate tracking mechanisms to identify this and put pressure on India.

Actually.. the sat's were commercial.
French company infact.
The should be enough for you guys to figure it out.

I'm not questioning the ability of PA or your subsequent response to the test. My point was regarding this particular statement.

Simultaneously, through the recently introduced internet, we got a special connection and hooked on to a satellite that transmitted pictures of Pokhran with a 48 hours delay. Initially there was no activity but by February 1998, we began noticing track marks and considerable activity.

We estimated three months before India could resume nuclear testing.

That's a sweeping remark to make. Those were the days when the nuclear elite did not want outsiders like India or even Pakistan to join the club and Indo-US were close to non-existent. Had it been this obvious I'm sure the US had more accurate tracking mechanisms to identify this and put pressure on India.

You are right... no one had been able to spot when, where and how many nuclear tests will india conduct....but before tests suspicious activities had been reported and intensions of exploding the device were apparent from BJP election campaign if u recall it... so even though no one knew if india was gonna conduct nuclear tests or not but there were signs of warning that it might.

If i may add... after the first test fire of Ghauri missiles... the doubts became more apparent that india might go all out on it....

If Pakistan hadn't been ready, Pakistan would have been in a state worse than Iraq & Libya today.

What i know of being a Civil young Pakistan is that after indian Blasts the indian media and indian fellows had their tune changed towards Pakistan
They were even claiming that we will push Pakistan in Arabian sea and will have one country (akand bharat mata etc.)

We as a nation need to push that thing back on indians and we needed to show them what we got , after we did our test i still recall the reaction of indian gov and civil ,

It also proved to be a best decision as it prevents lots of wars b/w 2 countries. Also it proved to be a best thing to have after 26/11, just consider what could be indian reaction after 26/11 if there were not nuke on Pakistan side....

If we have missed that change to be a NUKE state in the world , no one knows when again we could have chance to become one...

PERFECT JOB BY PAKISTANIS BEST RESPONSE EVER :pakistan::pakistan:

well if Pakistan was not aware, the performance and response was even better.:cheers:

consider a country caught napping while its adversary tested nukes and pointed all guns toward it. we woke up by the big bang and responded as quickly as just 16 days and tested our own nukes, wasn't that an even greater achievement, then it is if we know it some 2 months earlier. by saying that PA was not aware on Indian Nuclear test program you are admitting that we were surprising quick and successful in response. being a proud Pakistani, i take it as a compliment! :yahoo:

what do you Indians have to say about this? :azn:

regards!
Arsalan Aslam

Great day it was, though i was a little school boy but memories of that day, how much joy was there on roads & everywhere, unity everywhere, there is no other day i've saw like that in Pakistan.

That day Pakistan did what the world have never ever thought in their dreams, for weeks world remained stunned & shocked.

Long Live Pakistan.
:smitten::pakistan::smitten::pakistan:

leave them guys, they wont ever digest any of our achievements!

And don't forget about those 100's of undercover people including people from various sects and professions of life who contributed secretly in Pakistan's atomic bomb some of them were caught and have spend there whole life in foreign jails,some died, some disappeared from the scene and some are still living somewhere being un-noticed without taking credit or anything else they jst have spoiled and sacrificed their lives for the security of their country and people.

It is not just because of Dr.Abdul Qadir rather its also because of 100's of those people that we became a nuclear power. Don't forget to pay tribute to those whenever you feel proud of you being a nuclear power.

My tribute to those 100's of people who have sacrificed their lives for the sake of our security and dignity. May ALLAH bless them

Yes Pakistan was very much ready and Intelligence inputs were suggesting it would carry the Tests any time the news were floating for long time, It had the technology and capability to carry the tests. This was proved when Pakistan retaliated to Indian nuclear tests in very short time. Nawaz had to obey the PA and score Political goal. Other wise it would have been huge Political blunder.

No country has carried nuclear tests in such a short notice that too its first Nuclear tests.

Yes Pakistan was very much ready and Intelligence inputs were suggesting it would carry the Tests any time the news were floating for long time, It had the technology and capability to carry the tests. This was proved when Pakistan retaliated to Indian nuclear tests in very short time. Nawaz had to obey the PA and score Political goal. Other wise it would have been huge Political blunder.

No country has carried nuclear tests in such a short notice that too its first Nuclear tests.

Because we had conducted the first cold test back in 1983...

Pakistan was absolutely ready. Pakistan was totally justified and within her right.

Before Pakistan's explosion, they was totally no concept of 'Nuclear studies' in Pakistan esp in army. Brig Simon was one of the few men in military who were considered professional in this field. There is a big difference between thinking of a civilian and a soldier, even if he is a military strategist...he will always lack the 'field knowledge' and answers of how army interprets a threat...and how it reacts to it.

DSS Dept,QAU was the only institute that could help PA in this regard, the knowledge and experience of their teachers helped army in creating a solid plan.

Now since past few years NDU is doing equally good job, Masters and Mphil degrees programmes in Nuclear Studies are the professional education our military strategists need.

We need good professionals in media to promote the real image of our Nuclear program, there has to be a dedicated institute/ group of professionals who will answer the propaganda against our Nuclear program., other wise things will become worse then today.

ABSOULTEY RIGHT...I Couldnt agree with you more.

though at the same time, having a rep could also make us look like being on defensive all the time and being ''answerable'' to others.

Pakistan is simply safe-guarding its interests -the nuclear program is not a hostile one. Though the explosions we did were a direct result of the explosions and chest-thumping and jingoistic posture being exhibited by the neighbour country.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom