What's new

War rules in ancient India, world''s best

Look what happens when you practice these rules like no striking after sunset..

First battle of Tarain

Ghauri's defeated army retreated to Lahore and, thereafter, returned to Ghazni. Prithvi Raj ignored the advice of his advisers and did not pursue the retreating army, which was a decision he later regretted.

Indira Gandhi was Prithviraj of 19th century. She "pardoned" a retreating Pakistan army on western front and didn't finish the war like a warrior but turned a humanist and forgot her duty.

In fact, she lost her confidence and courage after western pressure and agreed with West that she will not act on Western side after the East. But just like Mahatma's Gandhi failed non-violence, Congress sold this story with great pride to Indians, who were living in passive mentality since ages and as expected they didn't see the blunder of western front war.

Only now today, Indian people are slowly realising that Indira Gandhi did a huge strategic blunder and forgot war principles by showing her soft human emotions on western war front. Even today, Indian people, specially elites try to justify Indira's blunders just to satisfy their own hollow H&D. But ask any common man on ground, he sees through this far better.

India is paying for mistakes of its foolish leaders.

Yet all these rules have been broken.....Remember victors dictate the rules!

Victor who breaks rules is no better than a beast. Hence, he deserves no respect or honour.

Of course, westerners don't care much about their honour. Its more of ego thing for them, than pride. Arrogant people have egos, not pride.

Man call it what you want a beast, respect, whatever but when and if India engages in a war with these "unique" rules it will suffer a devastating loss of human life and land. Unfortunately, the poor will suffer the most because the rich and the politicians will flee to other foreign countries and live off the money they made thru corrupt means, well at least some of them (more like 98%).
Remember, the great conquerors in the world broke rules to win wars. It all depends on the individual. Please you and almost every other indian are living in a fantasy world trying to prove an useless point. Admit when you are wrong, there are no rules in war. Simple. Remember this. I am an honorable person but if I fight a dishonorable person trust me, I am going to fight and use anything and everything at my disposal even if it means fighting dirty to win because if I lose I am at his/her mercy like a poor helpless slave. That is not my mentality and it will never be, I rather die fighting for what I believe in. You and others can live in your dream, and when you come back as a chicken, cow, or mosquito in your next life remember what I told you.

I guess that is the greatest lesson I have learned from being born and raised in the West, some things are worth fighting for. Think of the old days of India, if India fought to the last man and woman. Nobody would defeat you but unfortunately many rather sell their children and wives so they could live and make a buck. Some stood and fought but because there was no unity, they never succeeded. Learn from your ancestors past mistakes, learn from your neighbors China and Pakistan. Nationalism starts at home and at primary education level. On todays news, there is talk of Kashmir starting riots like Egypt and China helping the separatists. First off, why does India allow the Hurriyat to even go to China when you know such criminals are playing games with India's security. India should pass a law that bans this or the very least have an agent present at each and every meeting. The next step is to flood kashmir with Hindus from all over India, give incentives and change population demographics once and forever. Like I said before India needs to make a firm decision now; If china can flood Tibet with the Han and it falls on deaf ears then SO CAN INDIA! >REMEMBER THIS< If kashmiris want independence demand it from pakistan or china. This Hurriyat is saying it is okay for Aksai Chin to stay with China and for Pakistan. On top of that they want kashmir to have direct rail link to CHina. This is clearly a chinese policy that is being utilized by the Hurriyat. Being too soft is going to be your downfall. Remember all these battles that India lost, it was due to spectacular security mistakes. Time for India to be heavy handed and make it clear NO INDEPENDENCE! NO OPTION SO DONT WASTE OUR YOUR F_-----G TIME. BE GOOD CITIZENS OR GET A VISA AND A TRAIN TICKET TO CHINA OR PAKISTAN AND SEE HOW THEY LIKE IT. EACH COUNTRY HAS A THIRD OF KASHMIR BUT ONLY INDIA'S COMES UP FOR DISCUSSION EACH AND EVERY TIME. TIME TO LAY DOWN THE LAW HARD AND SWIFT. FIRST TIGHTEN THE NOOSE AROUNG THE BORDER SO TIGHTLY THAT NOT EVEN AN ANT CAN CROSS THEN SURROUND THE KASHMIRI PERIMETER AND MOVE IN LITTLE BY LITTLE, INCH BY INCH, GO THRU EVERY FOREST, TOWN, ROCK CAVE, WHATEVER AND DESTROY THE TERRORISTS. LOOK FOR TUNNELS AND USE ULTRASOUND TECHNOLOGY TO LOOK FOR HIDDEN TUNNELS. THIS WILL REQUIRE MAYBE 500,000 SOLDIERS OR PARA MILITARY. DO WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE TO SECURE THE AREA THEN DEVELOP IT PROPERLY AND EDUCATE. BAN ANY ANTI NATIONAL MESSAGES.

I have noticed that Tamilnadu and Kerala have never became parts of any Indian empires in the history. Not even during greatest Indian empire of Ashoka!

This is what called selective observation, Though these were not directly part of Mauryan Empire, they were Tributaries of Mauryan Empire,

Hope this picture will clear your doubt...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/3/3d/Maurya_Dynasty_in_265_BCE.jpg

By the time British came, Indians were building rockets for warfare and were better in mathematics & technology than whole British empire.

In fact, industralisation of Britain in 19th century was basically built on the human(brain-drain) and raw materials(minerals, precious metals etc.) loots from its colonies. British never had talent and resources in themselves to bring about the revolution in Britain.

The benefits under 2 centuries of British slavery was nothing in comparison to what India lost. The loss of 2 centuries, is incalculable considering the huge amount of skilled workers India lost to Britain, those who were forced to migrate to Britain and outside, when British closed all research and education programmes funded by Indian rulers and took control over education policy and imposed english on Indians.

Those who say English helped India doesn't even know how their predecessors were forced into it, without a choice. British rule was a black chapter of Indian history which we should always remember and learn from mistakes in past.

So like you said, both states were not directly part of Mauryan Empire.....lol....being a tributary and being conquered are two different things. Thanks for confirming my observation.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom