What's new

Waqar Younis says Rizwan offering Namaz in front of Hindus during Indo-Pak match was special; apologises after row

aryadravida

Reaction score
Country
India
Chandigarh, October 27

Former Pakistan pacer Waqar Younis on Wednesday apologised for his comment that Mohammad Rizwan offering Namaz during India vs Pakistan T20 World Cup 2021 clash 'in front of Hindus was special'.

The former Pakistan pacer tendered an apology through his official Twitter account and said: "In the heat of the moment, I said something which I did not mean which has hurt the sentiments of many. I apologise for this, this was not intended at all, a genuine mistake."

Younis had sparked a controversy on Tuesday when he, on a Pakistani news channel, said that watching Pakistani opener Mohammad Rizwan offering namaz “in front of Hindus was very special to him”.

Chandigarh, October 27

Former Pakistan pacer Waqar Younis on Wednesday apologised for his comment that Mohammad Rizwan offering Namaz during India vs Pakistan T20 World Cup 2021 clash 'in front of Hindus was special'.

The former Pakistan pacer tendered an apology through his official Twitter account and said: "In the heat of the moment, I said something which I did not mean which has hurt the sentiments of many. I apologise for this, this was not intended at all, a genuine mistake."

Younis had sparked a controversy on Tuesday when he, on a Pakistani news channel, said that watching Pakistani opener Mohammad Rizwan offering namaz “in front of Hindus was very special to him”.
Harsha Bhogle called Waqar Younis's statement “dangerous” and said that the cricket world needed to be united and not divided by religion.
I never thought Waqar has this fanatic side to him...waqar,wasim and shoaib always came across as decent human beings....sorry to see how religion has percolated the thoughts and hearts of people in pakistan.

Chandigarh, October 27

Chandigarh, October 27

Harsha Bhogle called Waqar Younis's statement “dangerous” and said that the cricket world needed to be united and not divided by religion.

If the news is true then it's all good. indians say FAR FAR worst things daily. Also, there are millions of indian hindus living and working in Muslim Gulf nations. Just shows the incomparable superiority of Islamic culture over indian/hindu culture.

the rise of right wing and news coming from it has made neighbours also extremist. First in bengal and now Pakistan.
Pak vs India is not Islam vs Hinduism. But the political viewership made people turn every event like that.

I agree, that was not called for and its good that he apologised.

So what? indians say FAR FAR worst things on a daily basis and get away with it. Also Islamic culture and civilisation is phenomenally more superior to indian/hindu culture and civilisation. Just look at the millions of indian hindus living and working in Muslim Gulf natio a despite hating Islam with a passion. Salah is an important part of Islam. If you don't like then you can leave Islam.

Chandigarh, October 27

Chandigarh, October 27

I never thought Waqar has this fanatic side to him...waqar,wasim and shoaib always came across as decent human beings....sorry to see how religion has percolated the thoughts and hearts of people in pakistan.
I resent it coming from the mouth of a hindutva, a sanghi, a fanatical nation that abuses Muslims and Pakistan at every opportunity. Look in the mirror first, and then accuse others.

should have never appologized!

EXACTLY

indians say FAR FAR worst things daily. They even publicly call for the killing of indian minorities yet no one says a thing. Waqar Younis was correct. Also, Islamic culture and civilisation is phenomenally more superior to indian/hindu culture. Just look at the millions of indian hindus pouring in to the Muslim gulf nations for work despite hating Isalm with an extreme passion.

So what? indians say FAR FAR worst things on a daily basis and get away with it. Also Islamic culture and civilisation is phenomenally more superior to indian/hindu culture and civilisation. Just look at the millions of indian hindus living and working in Muslim Gulf natio a despite hating Islam with a passion. Salah is an important part of Islam. If you don't like then you can leave Islam.

We are not Indians, we have higher standards than that, and please control your temper.

I understand your point but Islamic culture probably didn't cause oil to appear under their feets.....

But neither did it facilitate over 4 millions dying from covid-19, over 732 million indians defecating in the open or india being the biggest open sewer/sh*thole that planet earth has EVER SEEN:

We are not Indians, we have higher standards than that, and please control your temper.

As far as indians are concerned, the time for civility has long gone. You are talking as if it is still 2011. indians need to be treated like the hyper-ugly, physically deformed/repulsive sub-human creatures they are.

It was inappropriate to politicize the act of prayer which is between Khuda and Khalk. Rizwan’s namaz was not intended to be an act of defiance or a statement against anyone, hence it should not be misconstrued as anything other than an act of worship. Also, please refrain from using such objectionable language - if you need inspiration to stop, consider that it’s against the principles of Islam and of common decency.

Back
Top Bottom