What's new

Waqar younis ready to become Pak team’s full-time coach

It's official now.

Waqar Younis named Pakistan cricket coach
Updated : Tuesday March 2 , 2010 3:08:25 PM

LAHORE: Pakistan Cricket Board Tuesday issued notification of appointment of former pace bowler Waqar Younis as the coach of the Pakistan cricket team, while former national team batsman Ejaz Ahmed will be his deputy.

"The tenure of the new coach has not yet been decided but Waqar Younis is expected to coach the team till World Cup 2011," PCB sources said.

Waqar will replace Intikhab Alam, who oversaw Pakistan's disastrous tour of Austrlaia.

Source:
http://www.thearynews.com/english/newsdetail.asp?cat=sports

good news....... waqar has a good cricketing brain

now if they hire Saeed Anwar as a Batting coach....... that will be great and then stick with the same management for at least an year or two

More than personal skill, what a good coach needs is skill to bring out the best in his players.

I think all teams these days need more than one coach. I think Pakistan should get a batting coach as well. Maybe Inzi or Saeed Anwar. Even Ijaz Ahmed, who i hear is the fielding coach, can teach batting.

seeing Pakistan's recent performances, I think the batting department is lacking more than the bowling.

More than personal skill, what a good coach needs is skill to bring out the best in his players.

I think all teams these days need more than one coach. I think Pakistan should get a batting coach as well. Maybe Inzi or Saeed Anwar. Even Ijaz Ahmed, who i hear is the fielding coach, can teach batting.

seeing Pakistan's recent performances, I think the batting department is lacking more than the bowling.

indeed............... but i am sure waqar will be useful in creating strategies along with the captain. He can give better advises on tensed situations considering his past Captaincy experience and the cricket he played in his career and the he has proved himself to be a deadly bowling coach too now all he needs to do is try to improve the fielding and there should be another batting coach to further assist him

Miandad opposes Waqar as coach

Staff Report

LAHORE: The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) seems divided on making Waqar Younis the national team’s coach and Director General Javed Miandad has opposed the former pacer’s appointment, citing his involvement in the match-fixing scandal. Miandad said he is surprised that the PCB had not heeded to the Justice Malik Qayyum’s report on match fixing issued 10 years ago and was giving responsibilities to those players who were fined on the basis of the report. “Everyone knows that Justice Qayyum had recommended to the board to not give positions of responsibility to Waqar, Aaqib Javed, Wasim Akram etc in Pakistan cricket but this is what is happening,” he said. “I don’t see the logic behind offering Waqar the coaching position because he was with the team in Australia as bowling and fielding coach and didn’t do anything notable. Plus he has not prior experience of being a full-time coach.” Miandad said he was also surprised at the plans to have a foreign consultant with the team. “I have offered my services to the board so why waste money on a foreign consultant?” he asked.

Daily Times - Leading News Resource of Pakistan

Miandad opposes Waqar's appointment as Pak coach

Lahore, February 28: The Pakistan Cricket Board seems divided on making Waqar Younis the national team's coach and Director General Javed Miandad has opposed the former pacer's appointment, citing his involvement in the match-fixing scandal.

Miandad said he is surprised that the PCB had not heeded to the Justice Malik Qayyum's report on match fixing issued 10 years ago and was giving responsibilities to those players who were fined on the basis of the report.

"Everyone knows that Justice Qayyum had recommended to the board to not give positions of responsibility to Waqar, Aaqib Javed, Wasim Akram etc in Pakistan cricket but this is what is happening," he said.

"I don't see the logic behind offering Waqar the coaching position because he was with the team in Australia as bowling and fielding coach and didn't do anything notable.

Miandad opposes Waqar's appointment as Pak coach | Siasat

GB

Javed had a good chance to be Director in PCB but he backstabbed the PCB chair , things don't look good for Miandad , as much as I love him he made a wrong move ...

yes miandad should respect others tooo who are equally important to pakistan we need a propper batting coach with waqar to help our batsman where we lack saeed anwar will be great

do you people think, he can be a good coach, he can be a good bowling coach but a national team coach??

:pakistan::pakistan:Waqar Younis has signed on as the new coach of the Pakistan side, in the process becoming the fourth coach of the team in three years. The former fast bowler has been in negotiations with the PCB over the last few days, but confirmed that he will now replace Intikhab Alam on a tenure that sees him through to December 2011.Waqar Younis signs as Pakistan coach | Pakistan Cricket News | Cricinfo.com

now pcb should appoint saeed anwar as a batting coach we lack attacking cricket from our batsman and saeed himself was very good at aggrassive batting i hope he willl make difference to our batting speciallly in tests and ODI

yaaar yeh india wall tu itna jala hue hain ke agar koi achi cheez pakistan ke liya hue ho tu wo uska patangad banadata hain insa pakistan ke liye kuch acha huta hua bardasht nahe hota aur main bhoot khush ho ka india ke pass asa koi indian fast bowler nahe hai jo wasim aur waqar jesi swing sikha sakeen prasad aur srinath ne jitni mar khaye hai unki tu baat hi nahe karna aur anil kumble ki bhi inka record dekha hai hum ne aur pakistan ne in ki achi dhulai bhi ki hai sirf aik ya doo martaba inho ne pakistan ke khilaf acha kia hai wo bhi pitcehs ki waja se

Back
Top Bottom