What's new

Wakeup Lahore - A MUST WATCH

Why is the show's name "Wake up Lahore" shouldn't it be "Wake up Pakistan". Lahore is just one city in Pakistan.

Zaid Hamid should also talk with university students in Peshawar, Quetta, and Karachi.

Your question is valid but Zaid is following the pattern that Allama Iqbal had given Qauid-Azam. In one if his letters to Quaid-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, Allama Iqbal had advised him to make Lahore his center of activities for the Pakistan Movement.

This was the first public address by Zaid-Hamid and he Started it with Lahore. You would see his speech is not directed towards people of Lahore, not even Pakistan but towards Muslim Ummah. Niamat-Ullah Shah's Wali's yet another prediction is on the way to be reality. I'm not sure but I hope it will be Zaid Hamid that is called as "Shah-e-Shair-Ali" by that suffi saint. May God help him complete his mission of reviving Iqbal and the Spirit of Pakistan.

I have heard similar things number of times, I have questions if anyone can help me understand. These stories that Zaid talks about, related to very old times, example victory over Persian etc. How many of these stories have origin in Pakistan or is he claiming every Muslim victories.

We are the same Ummah. Islamic history history of ummah its history of every Muslim even if he lives in the North Pole. Its very different concept from Nation. look closely we have Al-Khalid, Humza, Ghouri, Abdali and weapons named after great leaders of the past. Not of of them represent history of this piece of land. Muslim ummah is one Nation, even the Muslims living in India are part of it.

Last edited:
Thx for your answer, one more question came to my mind. What if Afganistan attacks Pakistan and wins. Will Pakistan then say we won. Is it not that many Muslims countries had war with each other.

You cannot mix political and religious conflicts with each other. If you want to talk then Iran and Iraq are two Muslim Countries that has been fighting so who's heroes are our heroes? Answer is none of them because they were fighting for their personal reasons. Great people who we own and respect are the ones who moved along the path of God and fought for the betterment of Ummah and Islam, not for their own extended piece of governance, riches or control.

Even Iqbal was Hakeem-Ul-Ummat, the "Doctor of Muslim Ummat" and not "Doctor of Muslims of India" and that is why Muslims in USA, KSA, Egypt, Iran, Pakistan and even in India own him as their leader.

This guy must me minting money like anything........give people what they want to here.....and wallah.....there you have it ....Moolah ....and More moolah......

$$$$$

Everywhere......

:) no money. He doesnt have anything in his bank account after 1st of every month.

He doesnt have any property and he lives in a rented house.

He gives what is in his pocket to poor.

Why is the show's name "Wake up Lahore" shouldn't it be "Wake up Pakistan". Lahore is just one city in Pakistan.

Zaid Hamid should also talk with university students in Peshawar, Quetta, and Karachi.

Actually its been arranged by people by their own, he had done such programs in Karachi too and if arranged he can go to Quetta and Peshawar too.

if you have anyone in sight who is willing to mobilise such rallies cum function let me know. he will attend these in all these cities

Actually its been arranged by people by their own, he had done such programs in Karachi too and if arranged he can go to Quetta and Peshawar too.

if you have anyone in sight who is willing to mobilise such rallies cum function let me know. he will attend these in all these cities

Will he come to India too?

Will he come to India too?

:) depends on your nerves.

If you can have a patient ear to listen without loosing your temper i can make him agree to visit India.

BTW already got many invitations from Indian Muslims and Indian Dalits.

Yeah right,btw jana are you the lady who sits infront of zaid hamid and nods her head all along a zaid hamid show?.....just asking!

I do agree that British did have territorial aims. But all I am saying is that initially they were secondary to economic aims.

Americans aren't united by ethnicity but by Culture. In most case its either both or one of them.

You are right about the advances by Muslims during the middle ages. But again I'd attribute them to Arabs as an ethnicity and culture and not necessarily their religion. I am not trying to berate Islam but I'm not sure about the role of Islam specifically in their advances.

And its also true that much of European advancement in the middle ages is owed to the Muslim Ummayad empires. The conquest of Al-Andalus and Spain provided a close interaction between the two cultures and transfer of knowledge to Europe.

And I don't agree that Crusades actually destroyed Arab knowledge and advancement. Unlike the ancient world the empires in middle ages weren't closeted from the rest of the world. Trade and economics ensured that knowledge was transferred. If all the Crusades may have actually it facilitated spread and sharing of knowledge. A fact borne out by the spread of the use of the Arabian horse by European cavalry. Crusades enabled them to view the animal at close quarters.

I guess both were interlinked economical and territorial. I don’t see that American have one culture, it is very much multicultural. Blacks having their distinct culture and large population of Mexican culture and southern culture. What holds them together is Nationalism.

Islam united different tribes which at that time were divided. If you trying to imply that Islam history belongs to only Arabs then you are wrong. Muslim contribution to Ummah was equally distributed amongst muslim empires. I can mention so much contribution by muslims of Indian subcontinant only.

Crusaders destroyed Al-Andalus and took the knowledge of the muslims with them. This is what I am saying. Today when the world calls Muslims backwards, they fail to realize that Muslims at one time were quite advance in these subjects.

Yeah right,btw jana are you the lady who sits infront of zaid hamid and nods her head all along a zaid hamid show?.....just asking!

if it was me the Indians would have been loosing more temper be sure of it ;)

I have a question. Why do you indians hate Zaid Hamid so much?

Ok,so it isnt you....but i always thought it was you,since you know him so well....no hard feelings,eh?.....i should have guessed that,since you arent the type of lady to sit quiet for 1 hr......cheers

Back
Top Bottom