What's new

Vote your favourite candidate to win

Who is best writer and poster according to you?

• Maarkhor

Votes: 20 17.9%
  • The Eagle

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Parikrama

Votes: 55 49.1%
  • Daneshmand

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • Wajsal

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • Nihonjin

Votes: 16 14.3%
  • neutron

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
1- Visit announcement section and get yourself familiar with understanding of the theme of this competition.

2-Look at my response to gambit's post.

3-Read post #3 and post #1

I don't know that why you and gambit just don't enjoy things?
Remember you two: Everyone has problems, but that doesn't mean that you stop smiling.:)

Regards

Well, it's not that we don't enjoy things here, but the comp is a bit tricky. In fact, post 1 is actually quite contradict in terms. You first urge poster not to form "A lobby" on particular poster, yet you encourage poster to tag as many people as they wanted to support their own article........Did it ever occur to you that asking member to tag people along is actually forming "a lobby"??...lol

I am not saying this is a stupid competition or what, it is a good idea to have people write up and deciding who is best, but the problem is that you mixed basically all the topic there are in one single competition. What I look for "in the best" is a bit different than say you or @gambit, and each of our interest are different. It's like Oscar, you don't just get Best Picture but also all kind of category. People use all the other category to work up to which picture is the best in that year.

Plus, again, as I said, most of the article does not follow a logical pattern and present speculation and hearsay as facts. I would have suggest a prelim before a general voting. I am not saying I am not opening to new ideas, but for anyone to stimulate interest on debating, any given point must be supported by facts and follow a certain logic pattern. As much as I can see, most of these article is basically try to debate what the poster belief but without a logical conscience from A to B. I don't want to single out any article, so I am just going to leave it at that.

Well, it's not that we don't enjoy things here, but the comp is a bit tricky. In fact, post 1 is actually quite contradict in terms. You first urge poster not to form "A lobby" on particular poster, yet you encourage poster to tag as many people as they wanted to support their own article........Did it ever occur to you that asking member to tag people along is actually forming "a lobby"??...lol

I am not saying this is a stupid competition or what, it is a good idea to have people write up and deciding who is best, but the problem is that you mixed basically all the topic there are in one single competition. What I look for "in the best" is a bit different than say you or @gambit, and each of our interest are different. It's like Oscar, you don't just get Best Picture but also all kind of category. People use all the other category to work up to which picture is the best in that year.

Plus, again, as I said, most of the article does not follow a logical pattern and present speculation and hearsay as facts. I would have suggest a prelim before a general voting. I am not saying I am not opening to new ideas, but for anyone to stimulate interest on debating, any given point must be supported by facts and follow a certain logic pattern. As much as I can see, most of these article is basically try to debate what the poster belief but without a logical conscience from A to B. I don't want to single out any article, so I am just going to leave it at that.
Jhungary,
That is why I had given them only one topic to debate on rather than categories.However, people resisted that and then wajsal asked for more topics.The theme was modified on demand. You can ask this to anyone of these. That is why I asked you to visit announcement section...and see the discussions and update. However, as usual you didn't listen to me.
If audience and participants wanted more categories and one winner, then what do you expect me to do?
In season I , I have divided the competition on category and section basis. Do you remember?
So sometimes, you must listen to audience.
For your second objection, read my response to levina.

Regards

Plus, again, as I said, most of the article does not follow a logical pattern and present speculation and hearsay as facts. I would have suggest a prelim before a general voting. I am not saying I am not opening to new ideas, but for anyone to stimulate interest on debating, any given point must be supported by facts and follow a certain logic pattern. As much as I can see, most of these article is basically try to debate whahe poster belief but without a logical conscience from A to B. I don't want to single out any article, so I am just going to leave it at that.

I agree with you and @gambit on few points like diversity of needs and categorization of the topics. But at the same time I will like to congratulate @Slav Defence for these excellent collective and creative activities.
At least it is one step forward toward @MastanKhan initiative as he always advocated for bigger plans. And I think it is good for PDF community.
This competition is an effort to generate collective activity on this forum and I think we can generate more excitement and intellectual out put if ........... if all big guns contribute together for these collective exercises.
Diversity of need is not an impediment infact it is strength of this forum as you can look beyond your tunnel vision at times. And for these collective activities , i thought it is better to contribute ......then to sit and smoke. Many big guns here are contributing very positively but in isolation. For something like Mastankhan initiative ( a term recently coined by me) we require collective activities like slav protocol ( again a term recently coined to define these forum competition and procedures )
So to move forward for Mastankhan initiative we need collaboration of big guns with slav protocols.

Last edited:
Candidates, kindly tag your supporters to get maximum votes.In case if any participant is missing from the list then kindly inform me immediately so that he is not left behind.
I'm really surprised at the inclusion of a 'certain' member.
Well never mind. ;)

Hi,

Tagging should not have been allowed---and specially by the non poster. It is just like ganging up.

Even the article poster must not be allowed to tag any members.

Only the thread starter should tag the members and invite them to the read.

The fairness has already been lost---.

I would love to see a small change.. If the alert system let's you have a alert once you login with the caption and link to this thread , I think it serves the very purpose.. In a way it can help spread all Information and important messages/notifications. Of course i don't know if that is possible or not and perhaps admin and Webby could tell us the feasibility of the same.

Perhaps that way all of PDF folks may get here without any need of tagging.. And the bigger change comes from the fact that information link can be shared by mods/admins/TT chairman/TT VC more easily..

I would love to see a small change.. If the alert system let's you have a alert once you login with the caption and link to this thread , I think it serves the very purpose.. In a way it can help spread all Information and important messages/notifications. Of course i don't know if that is possible or not and perhaps admin and Webby could tell us the feasibility of the same.

Perhaps that way all of PDF folks may get here without any need of tagging.. And the bigger change comes from the fact that information link can be shared by mods/admins/TT chairman/TT VC more easily..

yours may be a nice idea but i would ask you to further simplify the idea ( i didn't understand some of it )... also if you put this in the 'suggestions and discussions' section more members can participate.

:mod: 1 Week ends today :mod:

All folks who have not yet voted should go through page 1 and post #1 and Post #3

Back
Top Bottom