What's new

Vixen-1000E AESA with IRST showcased at IDEAS

@Bilal Khan 777 .
I want your opinion on the relationship of KLJ7A toELTA 2052 and what is your opinion regarxing its capab ilities vis a vis Vixen AESA. Do you feel PAF decision making would be swayed by capability alone or do you feel other factors might come into play? Is the Vixen a complete and manageable solution for PAF?
A
They're different radars. The whole EL/M-2052 issue has to do with Beijing A-Star, a private defence firm in China. KLJ-7A belongs to NRIET and is a product of their original development works (spanning the J-10 and J-11 programs too). It's funny that Beijing A-Star tried marketing the EL/M-2052, makes me wonder if we can get Israeli HMD/S through them too.

... It's funny that Beijing A-Star tried marketing the EL/M-2052, makes me wonder if we can get Israeli HMD/S through them too.
Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

If Iran got everything they needed for their F-4s and F-14s from Israel, we can too.

Given the intricate nature and virtual un-decipherability of modern electronics and software code, you would not want to.

Israel itself does not buy anything from the US unless it gets source codes and/or the ability to integrate their own electronics and weapons on US platforms.

I have it on authority that Pakistan Army has also been wary of un-asked for "gifts" from Uncle Sam himself. Thanks are dutifully given in such cases, then the power sources are removed and the gifts stored away in warehouses far from sensitive areas.

Best to wait for Turkey and China to catch up and then buy from them. People on the forum are always getting hyper-excited about new buzzwords such as AESA, IRST, HOBS, HMDs - things are getting worse than nVidia/ATI in the old days and Apple currently coming up with a new ice cream flavor every six months.

Even the F-22 is only just now getting the AIM-9X and still doesn't have HMDs.

From War is Boring:

"The addition of the AIM-9X is a huge improvement for the Raptor, all of the pilots at 1st Fighter Wing that I spoke to told me. The addition of the new weapon greatly increases the F-22’s already formidable lethality. That’s even though Upgrade 5 is an interim capability. The AIM-9X and the Raytheon AIM-120D AMRAAM missiles will be fully integrated onto the Raptor with the Increment 3.2B upgrade — which has yet to be fielded.

The one thing that the F-22 is still lacking is a helmet-mounted cuing system (HMCS) that would be used to exploit the outer edges of the AIM-9X’s capabilities. It’s a feature that is common on most U.S. fighter aircraft — and most foreign ones. The lack of such a system would normally place the Raptor at a severe disadvantage in a dogfight — if the aircraft didn’t perform as well as it does.

The Air Force is still planning on adding such a helmet-mounted cuing system to the F-22, but pilots at the 1st Fighter Wing say that it is not an absolute necessity. The Raptor can usually dominate a fight even without such a system..."

Thanks for clearing up the radar trails.

Allah keep everyone safe.

They're different radars. The whole EL/M-2052 issue has to do with Beijing A-Star, a private defence firm in China. KLJ-7A belongs to NRIET and is a product of their original development works (spanning the J-10 and J-11 programs too). It's funny that Beijing A-Star tried marketing the EL/M-2052, makes me wonder if we can get Israeli HMD/S through them too.

Its not as crystal as it seems.

Bismillah ir Rahman ar Raheem

If Iran got everything they needed for their F-4s and F-14s from Israel, we can too.

Given the intricate nature and virtual un-decipherability of modern electronics and software code, you would not want to.

Israel itself does not buy anything from the US unless it gets source codes and/or the ability to integrate their own electronics and weapons on US platforms.

I have it on authority that Pakistan Army has also been wary of un-asked for "gifts" from Uncle Sam himself. Thanks are dutifully given in such cases, then the power sources are removed and the gifts stored away in warehouses far from sensitive areas.

Best to wait for Turkey and China to catch up and then buy from them. People on the forum are always getting hyper-excited about new buzzwords such as AESA, IRST, HOBS, HMDs - things are getting worse than nVidia/ATI in the old days and Apple currently coming up with a new ice cream flavor every six months.

Even the F-22 is only just now getting the AIM-9X and still doesn't have HMDs.

From War is Boring:

"The addition of the AIM-9X is a huge improvement for the Raptor, all of the pilots at 1st Fighter Wing that I spoke to told me. The addition of the new weapon greatly increases the F-22’s already formidable lethality. That’s even though Upgrade 5 is an interim capability. The AIM-9X and the Raytheon AIM-120D AMRAAM missiles will be fully integrated onto the Raptor with the Increment 3.2B upgrade — which has yet to be fielded.

The one thing that the F-22 is still lacking is a helmet-mounted cuing system (HMCS) that would be used to exploit the outer edges of the AIM-9X’s capabilities. It’s a feature that is common on most U.S. fighter aircraft — and most foreign ones. The lack of such a system would normally place the Raptor at a severe disadvantage in a dogfight — if the aircraft didn’t perform as well as it does.

The Air Force is still planning on adding such a helmet-mounted cuing system to the F-22, but pilots at the 1st Fighter Wing say that it is not an absolute necessity. The Raptor can usually dominate a fight even without such a system..."

Thanks for clearing up the radar trails.

Allah keep everyone safe.

Excellent analysis.

Back
Top Bottom