What's new

Vikramaditya Done, Russia Wants To Help With New Vikrant.

It is important to look at long term vision of IN. They would apparently want atleast 3-4 ACs with one in refit something that may be achievable in 2 decades from now. Now if (& a big one too) resources are in place we are talking about a period when 2 ACs may in shipyard something that would require assistance on massive scale from a Non Indian partner. it could be US, Italy, Russians but some partner nonetheless. & when we talk of systems on such a ship, Israel, France will definitely be there for Radars, auxiliaries, fighters etc.
However having said that since the budgets are limited, IN would want to concentrate on its Submarine fleet that is the most worrisome part IMHO after getting 2 new AC in its fleet.

India would definitely be needing Russian help in Vikrant.......they have just offered what we have already asked for from them. :disagree:

IN shouldn't depend 'the whole a$$ and head' on Russia.
If anything, buy a few kashtans ciws and be done with it.:stop:

kash_vp_02.jpg

kashtan-m.jpg

IN shouldn't depend 'the whole a$$ and head' on Russia.
If anything, buy a few kashtans ciws and be done with it.:stop:

When a ship is rolling at all its 3 axis, only a 3 axis gyro stabilized CIWS can be effective against incoming missiles.

Since kashtans are not 1/2 or 3 axis stabilized platform, it will be pretty ineffective against incoming missiles.

For a layman, Imagine trying to piss into a toilet hole while travelling in a train. How many tries do you need to get it right. Now imagine the rocking & rolling increases by 1000% an then trying to piss into the toilet hole. That will give you some idea why axis stabilization is so important to aim at any target accurately, especially one moving at supersonic speed !!!!

When a ship is rolling at all its 3 axis, only a 3 axis gyro stabilized CIWS can be effective against incoming missiles.

Since kashtans are not 1/2 or 3 axis stabilized platform, it will be pretty ineffective against incoming missiles.

For a layman, Imagine trying to piss into a toilet hole while travelling in a train. How many tries do you need to get it right. Now imagine the rocking & rolling increases by 1000% an then trying to piss into the toilet hole. That will give you some idea why axis stabilization is so important to aim at any target accurately, especially one moving at supersonic speed !!!!

The kirov and kuznetsov class ships already employ it and true 1 kashtan may not be enough for a whole AC 6-8 may do the trick.

This seems to be potent weapon. What is this?
Kashtan close in weapon system

India is not capable to build an AC. It will eventually crawl back to Russia to beg the Russians to help finish the ship.

The kirov and kuznetsov class ships already employ it and true 1 kashtan may not be enough for a whole AC 6-8 may do the trick.

Did you understand my post ? Even 30 kashtan will not do the trick since it is not gyro stabilized against 3 axis. When the ship is rolling at high seas on all 3 axis, the kashtan will spray bullets in the general direction of the missile, but is unlikely to hit the missile. The probability of hitting it is less than 1%.

India is not capable to build an AC. It will eventually crawl back to Russia to beg the Russians to help finish the ship.
dont worry about us we have more than 5 decade experience in using & maintaining carriers in owr navy and have many new freinds and russia is always there as backup so if we will need assitence we will get it and get the job done as always worry about yourself

Atleast we can try unlike Pakistan, what has Pak built that warrants you to condone our works?
FYI Vikrant's keel has already been laid go check its progress before spewing $hit 
Did you understand my post ? Even 30 kashtan will not do the trick since it is not gyro stabilized against 3 axis. When the ship is rolling at high seas on all 3 axis, the kashtan will spray bullets in the general direction of the missile, but is unlikely to hit the missile. The probability of hitting it is less than 1%.

I really doubt that Kashtan is not gyro stabilized after all battlecruisers, frigates and aircraft carriers are already using it.
I would really like to see a source that complains of the Kashtan not being stabilized.

This video shows the Kashtan on board a cruiser shooting down a missile.

Last edited:
I really doubt that Kashtan is not gyro stabilized after all battlecruisers, frigates and aircraft carriers are already using it.
I would really like to see a source that complains of the Kashtan not being stabilized.

Kashtan is not gyro stabilized, this is a well know fact. You can google it up.

I do not want to comment on an advertisement video since nothing is know about the authenticity and conditions of the intercept.

Kashtan is not gyro stabilized, this is a well know fact. You can google it up.

I do not want to comment on an advertisement video since nothing is know about the authenticity and conditions of the intercept.

Dude I googled the moment I saw your post, I found nothing of the sort, if you could post the link, it would be of help.
Well on 4 occasions it shows the Kashtan intercepting the missiles both laterally and head on, what is there to question?
DUDE IT'S A CIWS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE STABILIZED.
If I am not wrong the stabilisation system 3A-99(Kashtan) is used in various other proximity weapons.
They claim the kill probability to around 0.96-0.99.

Kashtan Kashtan-M Kashtan Кортик экспортное наименование «Каштан» CADS-N-1 Palma Palash Пальма close in weapon system CIWS Russian Navy Technology datasheet pictures photos video specifications

Комплекс 3М87 Кортик / Каштан (SA-N-11 GRISON) | MilitaryRussia.Ru — отечественная военная техника (после 1945г.)

Dude I googled the moment I saw your post, I found nothing of the sort, if you could post the link, it would be of help.
Well on 4 occasions it shows the Kashtan intercepting the missiles both laterally and head on, what is there to question?
DUDE IT'S A CIWS ITS SUPPOSED TO BE STABILIZED.
If I am not wrong the stabilisation system 3A-99(Kashtan) is used in various other proximity weapons.
They claim the kill probability to around 0.96-0.99.

Kashtan Kashtan-M Kashtan Кортик экспортное наименование «Каштан» CADS-N-1 Palma Palash Пальма close in weapon system CIWS Russian Navy Technology datasheet pictures photos video specifications

Комплекс 3М87 Кортик / Каштан (SA-N-11 GRISON) | MilitaryRussia.Ru — отечественная военная техника (после 1945г.)

LOL. Were you looking for a link that says Kashtan is NOT Gyro Stabilized ?

You are supposed to find links that says Kashtan IS Gyro Stabilized !!

Just because you assume CIWS is supposed to be stabilized, does not mean it is. :disagree:

LOL. Were you looking for a link that says Kashtan is NOT Gyro Stabilized ?

You are supposed to find links that says Kashtan IS Gyro Stabilized !!

Just because you assume CIWS is supposed to be stabilized, does not mean it is. :disagree:

I have searched every alternative, BTW google doesn't prioritize over does or doesn't.

Plz just stop beating around the bush and post the damn link coz the more I search the more I find your claims baseless.

FYI a "close in weapon system" IS stabilized, its accuracy is a direct result of its stability there is nothing to assume.
Reread my post again along with the links I posted.

3A-99.....

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom