What's new

Vietnam’s economy grows at fastest pace since a decade

@Viet, Vinh Long was a bustling commercial centre back in old days before Saigon and Cholon merged into one big city. It wasn't a village. Big Chinese community lived there, endured many conflicts. The school is Tong Phuoc Hiep from 1949.
ah ok. you seem to be familair with VN history.

I really want to visit Vietnam once. Is it safe for an overseas Chinese to go to Vietnam for a vacation?
@Viet @AViet
we are a relatively safe country. the Koreans like VN foods.

White dress is traditionally required for pupils and students. school girls in ao dai. Schools are a serious thing in Vietnam. Not a place to play to get dirty. I remembered of the days when I was young. Teachers were sometimes like prison guards. Ha ha.

View attachment 463262 View attachment 463263
No wonder Vietnamese academic results are what they are.
Personally I don't think too much emphasis on more study and less play is good.
Looks like it is more serious than Singapore and my children find here too much study and too much work.
So to Australia they go, haha, for more relaxed study and work.
Cannot be helped as East Asians put a lot of store on education to alleviate poverty and a ticket to success.
I believe your prison guards constantly drilled into you "must study hard".
Well it seems that hard work is beginning to bear fruit.

That ao dai looks very elegant.

Last edited:
It looks like China's jiangxi province.Vietnam has a lot of potential.

Sure. Vietnam is perhaps one of the safest place on earth for tourists.
Chinese looking tourists better check out if 981 will drill for oil in the South China Sea before setting off for Vietnam.

Chinese looking tourists better check out if 981 will drill for oil in the South China Sea before setting off for Vietnam.
Chinese are safe in VN. unless they make provocation such as wearing PLA dress (banned) or claim VN belonging to CN since ancient time (banned too). of course they should not mention the oil rig (banned for sure). from the stat: 40% more Chinese tourists visit Vietnam in Q1. Especially my home town Nha Trang. the city sees a record number of Chinese tourists. Can´t blame them. the city is great. both beach and foods.

Nha Trang with chinese tourists

48363_16091315560046401338.jpg

khachnhatrang_281116-11_45_24_525.jpg

Nha-Trang-tourism-services-worried-about-sudden-rise-in-Chinese-tourists2.jpg

20160517135927-tourists-chinese.jpg

Nha-Trang-tourism-services-worried-about-sudden-rise-in-Chinese-tourists1.jpg

I wonder if the food is safe, you know after what the Yankees sprayed on the soil during the VN WAR

Back
Top Bottom