Vietnamese language on the rise in Japan

Viet

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Viet Nam
August 20, 2017

ThinkstockPhotos-501912909-300x200.jpg

Nearly 400 Japanese students of varying ages took the country’s first national Vietnamese language exam last month.

Education insiders said the test reflects Vietnam’s rising importance in the region. The test, which reportedly took two years to prepare, was held in Tokyo, Vietnam News Agency reported.

A source from the Japan College of Foreign Languages said more Japanese people are also choosing to study in Vietnam, so learning the language is important.

More Japanese students are expected to travel to study in Vietnam over the next three years, so similar tests are being scheduled.

Pham Quang Hung, first secretary in charge of education affairs at the Vietnamese Embassy in Tokyo, said that ties between Vietnam and Japan are growing, particularly through investments made by Japanese enterprises.

Demand to learn Vietnamese in Japan is rising, Hung said.

Japan is Vietnam’s largest source of official development assistance, its second-largest foreign investor, and its fourth-largest trade partner. At the end of 2016, Japan had more than 3,200 investment projects in Vietnam with total registered capital of more than $42 billion, according to official data.

Japan is also Vietnam’s third-largest source of tourists, with arrivals in the first five months growing to more than 323,000, according to the General Statistics Office.

https://www.languagemagazine.com/2017/08/vietnamese-rise-japan/

sweet. a japanese girl speaks vietnamese after a year.

sweet. a japanese girl speaks vietnamese after a year.

Southeast Asia is the most pro-Japan region I have ever seen. While Japan has goodwill everywhere around the world except China and the Koreas, almost everyone from Indonesia to Vietnam is actually very warm to Japanese influence and people.

Vietnamese is an interesting dialect to learn.

But very phonetic. It seems quite difficult to learn. :)

You guys have very similar inferiority complex like the indians. Simply put, "Attention Seeking" while being insignificant.
bro it´s all about spreading Vietnamese culture & civilization into sometimes non-civilized world. Vietnamese language is taught in many parts of the world, not only in Japan.

Southeast Asia is the most pro-Japan region I have ever seen. While Japan has goodwill everywhere around the world except China and the Koreas, almost everyone from Indonesia to Vietnam is actually very warm to Japanese influence and people.

Vietnamese is an interesting dialect to learn.

But very phonetic. It seems quite difficult to learn. :)
Vietnamese language has 5 tones, actually is much easier to learn than lets say Chinese since we send Han characters into historic trash bin. we use latin alphabets.

hope you get rid of Chinese words soon, like your family names, words like Vietnam and Hanoi.

What a question. Do you think VN is like N korea where only Kim TV is allowed or China where YouTube is forbidden? Ha ha.

No in Sub-continent we are not much exposed to asian stuff. Japan culture got famous in here - because of its anime, Koreans - because of its k-pop, and China - for kung fu movies. We havent really got much exposed to Vietnam's culture.

No in Sub-continent we are not much exposed to asian stuff. Japan culture got famous in here - because of its anime, Koreans - because of its k-pop, and China - for kung fu movies. We havent really got much exposed to Vietnam's culture.
If you have a chance to visit Germany you will see endless Viet resto and nails shops. Our contributions to the civilized world :-)

If you have a chance to visit Germany you will see endless Viet resto and nails shops. Our contributions to the civilized world :-)
Your govt should encourage more people to people contact with India, us subcontinent people have little to no idea apart from pho, ao dai, and the famous Vietnam war, and its important since going by the trend it looks like vietnam is our future ally

Your govt should encourage more people to people contact with India, us subcontinent people have little to no idea apart from pho, ao dai, and the famous Vietnam war, and its important since going by the trend it looks like vietnam is our future ally
Me so hony..:D

I m on tour in Vietnam now.in nah thrang.
People here do not know English.
But are sweet people

Vietnamese language has 5 tones, actually is much easier to learn than lets say Chinese since we send Han characters into historic trash bin. we use latin alphabets.

now it with latin script i assume more and more Western people will also learn Vietnamese language. as Vietnamese food is a huge thing in US i guess Vietnamese is seen as an 2nd world, clean, exotic place like Thailand.

and dumping Han characters is the best thing you guys did, doing that was necessary for your own identity. now people view Vietnamese as Vietnamese, not just one of "Chinese like" Asian Language.

how do average viet guy view India ? do you have Indian Diaspora in Vietnam ?

actually Average Indian have no idea about Korean or Japanese culture. only few Chinese movies of Jackie chan and one k pop song gangnam style is known to the Indians.

actually few years ago few k-pop stars visited India to know why k-pop is not famous in India like it is in ASEAN and East Asian Countries.

now it with latin script i assume more and more Western people will also learn Vietnamese language. as Vietnamese food is a huge thing in US i guess Vietnamese is seen as an 2nd world, clean, exotic place like Thailand.

and dumping Han characters is the best thing you guys did, doing that was necessary for your own identity. now people view Vietnamese as Vietnamese, not just one of "Chinese like" Asian Language.

how do average viet guy view India ? do you have Indian Diaspora in Vietnam ?

Dumping the script of one former master by adopting the script of another master really helps in propping up ones identity. Indian logic at work. LOL

Back
Top Bottom