What's new

Vietnamese language on the rise in Japan

and dumping Han characters is the best thing you guys did, doing that was necessary for your own identity. now people view Vietnamese as Vietnamese, not just one of "Chinese like" Asian Language.

And by using the latin script, now people will instead view Vietnamese as one of 'Western like' Asian languages? How is that any different?

What 'necessary for their own identity' when they adopt an even more foreign script? As least the Han script is used by the Vietnamese for thousands of years and is undeniably part of their history? At least the Chinese and Vietnamese are culturally similar? At least they are both Asians?

The Japanese uses the Han script too and they are doing pretty well economically, scientifically and culturally. The average Japanese freely admit that Kanji originated from China and they don't think it's disgraceful except for those ultra-right. To them, Kanji IS a part of their identity.

Chipmunk Land were buddha was born is populated by indic people. And he was a kshatriya from sakya clan. With blue eys.

Do u know what he called your people ? Chandals it mmeans sub humans. He considered you and your hilly sino tobetian chips sub humans while you worship him is the greatest example of Slave mind in the world.

Do you want me to tell you hov much your hong kong loves their white british masters ? Filing is mutual in senzen as well. If you go to my post history you will get to know how much i enjoyed my stay in your country.

You can claim all you want but it's wrong to steal Nepal's heritage,

http://www.aboutbuddhism.org/history-of-buddhism.htm/

I don't care how Indian call us or any of their bullshit stuff, you can keep it for yourself, but when you Indian came to China in ancient time, they had to crawl and kiss our emperor's feet as sign of submission :lol:. And are sure you compare a tiny island Hong kong to India :cool:, You Indian sure love your white master is such way to adopt English as India official language...LMAO

If I remember correctly, there was a Champa kingdom in Vietnam that used a Brahmi derived script that got extinguished by the Vietnamese and forced to use the Latin based script. Our Indian friends are surely happy about this historic fact.

I don't deny that politically India VN is on the rise including nationalist but what you said don't represent the true on normal Vietnamese, these people have no clue who is Indian but they surely know who are Chinese and their relation with Chinese are on the rise due to cultural affinity and economy interaction.

And I don't know you viets are so good at bullshitly bragging: how Viet's good compare to Chinese good in term of competiveness: price & quality, most likely Indian living standard will have to drop to half...LMAO :rofl:

Dialect of Chinese language :rofl::rofl::rofl:
60,000 Vietnamese attend Japanese schools and universities, while just few thousands Chinese. At the number people can see Vietnamese see Japan as a country of the future, where milk and honey are in abundance.

And by using the latin script, now people will instead view Vietnamese as one of 'Western like' Asian languages? How is that any different?

What 'necessary for their own identity' when they adopt an even more foreign script? As least the Han script is used by the Vietnamese for thousands of years and is undeniably part of their history? At least the Chinese and Vietnamese are culturally similar? At least they are both Asians?

The Japanese uses the Han script too and they are doing pretty well economically, scientifically and culturally. The average Japanese freely admit that Kanji originated from China and they don't think it's disgraceful except for those ultra-right. To them, Kanji IS a part of their identity.

I just love what this Japanese replied to westerner when he asked to change Japanese script into Romanji...unlike Viets, Japanese has sense of cultural heritage and identity. And Japanese are smart they know by keeping Kanji, they could access a pool of Information from China and indirectly keep their link with China via writing. As for Viet, since they changed the script why not change their language as well...preferable all in English or French so they can have better communication as the video said.

60,000 Vietnamese attend Japanese schools and universities, while just few thousands Chinese. At the number people can see Vietnamese see Japan as a country of the future, where milk and honey are in abundance.

Don't you think that it's an irony, for Vietnamese to learn Japanese, they will have to learn Kanji.

Last edited:
I just love what this Japanese replied to westerner when he asked to change Japanese script into Romanji...unlike Viets, Japanese has sense of cultural heritage and identity. And Japanese are smart they know by keeping Kanji, they could access a pool of Information from China and indirectly keep their link with China via writing. As for Viet, since they changed the script why not change their language as well...preferable all in English or French so they can have better communication as the video said.

Don't you think that it's an irony, for Vietnamese to learn Japanese, they will have to learn Kanji.
Nothing ironic you can blame yourself for VN/CN relationship going downhill. Vietnamese generally can speak multiple languages. In old times Vietnamese students had to master Classical Chinese language and literature. ok I admit it is a bit weird, Vietnamese go to Japan to speak mandarin.

I expect the number of Vietnamese to attend Japanese schools and universities to continue to rise, and in not a distant future the number of Vietnamese attending New Zealand universities even surpasses of those going to China.

Vietnamese language has 5 tones, actually is much easier to learn than lets say Chinese since we send Han characters into historic trash bin. we use latin alphabets.

The sounding is not very pleasant though, you use too way much nose sound.

Nothing ironic you can blame yourself for VN/CN relationship going downhill. Vietnamese generally can speak multiple languages. In old times Vietnamese students had to master Classical Chinese language and literature. ok I admit it is a bit weird, Vietnamese go to Japan to speak mandarin.

I expect the number of Vietnamese to attend Japanese schools and universities to continue to rise, and in not a distant future the number of Vietnamese attending New Zealand universities even surpasses of those going to China.

Regardless up hill or downhill, you can't go back to undo your pass to change the script, now Vietnam walk on it own path with not connection with China, we Chinese will accept those Vietnamese that still have the great affinity with Chinese people and culture and not so bother with the rest.

now it with latin script i assume more and more Western people will also learn Vietnamese language. as Vietnamese food is a huge thing in US i guess Vietnamese is seen as an 2nd world, clean, exotic place like Thailand.

and dumping Han characters is the best thing you guys did, doing that was necessary for your own identity. now people view Vietnamese as Vietnamese, not just one of "Chinese like" Asian Language.

Koreans rid Chinese written language and soon found out they severed their history with the past cause all their old documents and history was written in Chinese and their young people have trouble knowing their own culture which a big part of it carried by Chinese language. And now they want to revive Chinese language in the country, same is the case for Vietnam.

Former president, former chief of the army chief of staff, called on South Korea to restore Chinese characters, saying that Chinese characters are East Asian Languages
http://www.bestchinanews.com/International/2141.html
0ETyD8WnKl

For East Asians if they desert Chinese language, they desert their whole cultural heritage and history with it.

Countries and regions under Chinese language spheres of influence form one of the most affluent regions in the world. Chinese language and culture doesn't hamper development, it helps development.

Koreans rid Chinese written language and soon found out they severed their history with the past cause all their old documents and history was written in Chinese and their young people have trouble knowing their own culture which a big part of it carried by Chinese language. And now they want to revive Chinese language in the country, same is the case for Vietnam.

Former president, former chief of the army chief of staff, called on South Korea to restore Chinese characters, saying that Chinese characters are East Asian Languages
http://www.bestchinanews.com/International/2141.html
0ETyD8WnKl

What a irony, they want to distance themselves from China influence by changing the script but caught by the dilemma that their culture are rooting from Chinese script: all their ancient monument, temples, souvenir, tomb, art, archeology, text book...virtual everything were written in Chinese which become alien to themselves. Basically these people have lived thousand years for nothing.

And the biggest irony for me is that people we don't like such Japanese are keeping Kanji, I only wish they changed their Kanji to Romanji or what ever, so they can detached from us for ever, a such hostile nation is not deserved to use Chinese script in their social life.

Last edited:
Regardless up hill or downhill, you can't go back to undo your pass to change the script, now Vietnam walk on it own path with not connection with China, we Chinese will accept those Vietnamese that still have the great affinity with Chinese people and culture and not so bother with the rest.
Why few Vietnamese go only to China and why majority to Japan? Because we aren't called as monkey in the country of rising sun. Not in Korea nor in Taiwan. Anyway it is better to move on if thing can't be changed. We are not people that wish unrealistic thing zu happen. The incoming Vietnam festa in Tokyo and Kanagawa will attract more than half a million Japanese visitors. Unthinkable in China.

IMG_3538.JPG

IMG_3539.PNG

Why few Vietnamese go only to China and why majority to Japan? Because we aren't called as monkey in the country of rising sun. Not in Korea nor in Taiwan. Anyway it is better to move on if thing can't be changed. We are not people that wish unrealistic thing zu happen. The incoming Vietnam festa in Tokyo and Kanagawa will attract more than half a million Japanese visitors. Unthinkable in China.

View attachment 422915
View attachment 422916

Few? Vietnamese students in China is increasing at very fast rate. Agreed that the absolute number still behind Japan.

Back
Top Bottom