What's new

Vietnamese language on the rise in Japan

What ever man, i believe you, heck even if you said vietnamese language as lingua franca lol.....
Relax man all for fun, just want to make the point: Asian century is not all about China century. Vietnam, Japan, Korea or Indonesia. There are many other countries. People are bored by Chinese propaganda.

You listen to this and decide whether this sounds anything like cantonese, Viet language is just horrible to the ears.

To the untrained ears, they sound alike. The first time when a Vietnamese friend asked me what the language was used on TV at the moment, I thought it was Cantonese. Of course, I knew very little about Cantonese, either. So, it was just the same weirdness that brought them together in my mind. Besides, there are quite a few words in Vietnamese that sound just like Chinese. After all, Chinese had strong influence on their culture. Many of their historical documents were written in Chinese.

Nevertheless, there is no horrible language. All languages are the sweetest music to the lovers because they are all capable to express love.

To the untrained ears, they sound alike. The first time when a Vietnamese friend asked me what the language was used on TV at the moment, I thought it was Cantonese. Of course, I knew very little about Cantonese, either. So, it was just the same weirdness that brought them together in my mind. Besides, there are quite a few words in Vietnamese that sound just like Chinese. After all, Chinese had strong influence on their culture. Many of their historical documents were written in Chinese.
If you know nothing about Cantonese as a Chinese then you better start watching and listening to this dialect and compare with that ugly language. Not even close, @grey boy 2 , @Jlaw and i can confirm it and we are cantonese.

Nevertheless, there is no horrible language. All languages are the sweetest music to the lovers because they are all capable to express love.

That's your opinion

If you know nothing about Cantonese as a Chinese then you better start watching and listening to this dialect and compare with that ugly language. Not even close, @grey boy 2 , @Jlaw and i can confirm it and we are cantonese.

That's your opinion
Of course, it is my opinion. I simply realize that while I find some other languages weird, some other people find my own language the same way. If because of that, my disrespect to the other language is justified, so is other people's disrespect to my own language.

Of course, it is my opinion. I simply realize that while I find some other languages weird, some other people find my own language the same way. If because of that, my disrespect to the other language is justified, so is other people's disrespect to my own language.

I have yet to find foreigners finding Mandarin as an ugly language. Viet language sounds horrible and that has nothing to do with disrespect but taste.

I have yet to find foreigners finding Mandarin as an ugly language. Viet language sounds horrible and that has nothing to do with disrespect but taste.
Maybe you are lucky. You haven't met someone who is as rude as you are. If you cannot find such a person close by, you may want to look into the history, such as American history, when Chinese language was mocked and laughed at.

When I was a child, I can understand some Chinese words in Chinese film, but very little.example 保重 bảo trọng,兄弟 huynh đệ,陛下 bệ hạ...This is words that sound like Chinese because It is Sino-Vietnamese word. It is too small remnant the Chinese language affects to Vietnamese language now. Even Japanese can understand some Chinese writing document, but Vietnamese can't, except they learned. Cantonese accent same as Vietnamese.

Maybe you are lucky. You haven't met someone who is as rude as you are. If you cannot find such a person close by, you may want to look into the history, such as American history, when Chinese language was mocked and laughed at.
:rofl: rude? I'm just being honest. What i find it awkward is someone like you who speaks Mandarin can mistake Cantonese for Vietnamese. Are you sure you are CHINESE or you pretend to be one?

:rofl: rude? I'm just being honest. What i find it awkward is someone like you who speaks Mandarin can mistake Cantonese for Vietnamese. Are you sure you are CHINESE or you pretend to be one?
said other languages are ugly doesn't make you better than, Dear.

said other languages are ugly doesn't make you better than, Dear.
Did i say we are better? It's a discussion about aesthetic not about better. Viet language is simply ugly to the ears, it's an opinion nothing more. Don't feel insulted my dear.

Because Cantonese is as alien as any other weird languages to Mandarin ears.

Because Cantonese is as alien as any other weird languages to Mandarin ears.
wrong, Mainlanders can understand some Cantonese because Cantonese dialects has plenty of words that sounds exactly like Mandarin. So when you say Cantonese sounds like Vietnamese, i have to wonder if you are really Chinese.

Back
Top Bottom