What's new

Vietnam to build 600 million USD space centre

Do you really think this government is going to do anything good now that it knows it will lose 2014 elections? heck! I am surprised how it has not struck a deal to sell half India off to China in exchange for more money in Sonia Gandhi's Swiss and Italian banks. :P

If the government did that, MMS and Antony would have to kill Sonia and Raul

Congratulations to the Vietnamese. It's a good sign to see more developing nations planning to have a space program.

Step by step Vietnam will get going. China will get more "concern" for sure.

Who knows? In next hundred years, Vietnam will protect "China" with all cost. There is a WILL and there is a WAY

haha,ok,great,thank you for you future protection.maybe as a province though,like what happened so many times in the history

The space program has reached tianmin square through japan and korea!! now what!!!
stop this trolling and discuss the matter.
I hope ISRO help the viets out...there is a long way to go in this hi-tech field, and a country with little prior experience in this field would need some kind of assiatance. I'm sure ISRO would be glad to help in ways it can. good luck

Nothing to be excited about this assembly workshop. Yes, it is nothing but a centre to assemble a satelitte, no manufacturing of components here. Japan would be the last one in the world to transfer out any of their hi-technologies.

Everything has a humble beginning my friend. our first rocket ( a small experimental one) was carried on the back carrier of a bicycle. There is a video on YouTube about how we began in space research (with a soundtrack of Requiem for a Dream). Big achievements are made slowly and steadily. You will also do the same. Right now you are assembling. Do you really think 10 years down the lane you will be doing the same thing. I won't be surprised 5 years from today if I hear of a new VietSat-1 announcement.

We too were once denied everything to build our foundation. But Soviet Union laid the foundations for our space research in modern history, apart from our ancient texts on space and astronomy. West Germans were also initially cooperative. But slowly and steadily, we became self-reliant. We Indians know the pain of what it means to begin in a non-cooperative environment, friend.

Which is why I recommended about cooperation between your STI and our ISRO. :)

This project is a result of ODA loan sponsored by Japan. Japan will provide all the equipment and components for Viet Nam to do the assembly work, nothing more than that.

Everything today starts with outsourcing. How do you think China gained leaps and bounds so fast? They overshot production rates, and absorbed the technology to copy and then evolve based on it. That is a mean feat in such a short time. You do the same. Don't worry about IPR. Japanese did the same always until WW2 was over.

To tell you guys the truth, I get really tired of seeing Viet Nam doing business with the Japanese; they offer us nothing other than selling us the entire products while refusing to transfer any technology back to us to do our own manufacturing.

Most countries that are either Western or associated with West (like east Asia) do that. Japanese space research has not been such a focused stream and they've more to do with commercial manufactured products in terms of state of the art technology. But you do have friendly countries close to you to help.

I would rather have picked the Korean to be our business partner than the Japanese. At least the Korean were willing to tranfer technology to produce UAV & cruise missiles win the nuclear contract in UAE. We pick Japan and we get nothing.

An excellent choice. Koreans are good at stuff but their space program isn't so mature enough for them to come out and help. They will still need to do a lot more to come up in this field. While their commercial technology is excellent, they are not well known in space sector. Still, it is best to have someone willing to help you out.

South Korea is an excellent option you can explore.

congrats to vietnam , good going keep it up, hope india and vietnam work together some day in the field of space research

Back
Top Bottom