What's new

Vietnam SU-30 locked by J-10, 10 times

the detection range v/s radar power on the link will help you understand :

Flanker Radars in Beyond Visual Range Air Combat

some people they just dont read stuff deeper, start barking only knowing the surface. radar's detection range is determined by serveral factors. you cannot just to increase the power to increase the range`` as it is well known fact that in same category, russian's radar has much higher out-put than americans, however they do not 'look' as far and as accurate as americans.

for example a classic jet Pulse-doppler radar like AN/APG-66 (early F-16) and early Zhuk used by Su-27, when at working the russian's radar can kill a rabit sized animal within 1 km range!!, however, its detection maximum range on classic 5m2 signiture is less than 90km, and AN/APG-66 has over 100km whereas needs much less power````

each type radar's maximum power output is fixed, in order to increase detecting range its not as easy as you suggested to 'just' 'increase'```because it will simply burn some of the parts, so a re-design of power supply, radio transmiting parts and power protector is needed. india can not even make a 70s standard Pulse-doppler radars, let alone to improve Su-30's radar, its simply telling 'Arabian Nights' stories`

show it to me...

indians only know to buy weapon from Russia usa French Israel,......

but indians are incapable of building any simple weapon by yourselves
Original Post By houshanghai
I am helpless, you have nothing to disprove so I consider it done with you my friend, Adeu... If you want to be constructive, be in a position to stand and argue not in a position to be Puking the same thing again and again.... Just because you are un aware of what we do does not mean the world is blind, Improve on it and we might talk.

Gentle man, Do you know that Increasing the radiated power will increase the range of the radar well of course if you have the support of Low Probability of Intercept(LPI) you can not only lock it but also save yourself from getting detected...My son it is you now who needs to learn the very basic idea of air combat and how radar works in reality. Get yourself updated with Linear Polarization aswel, might help...

Dont try to be oversmart, no one is perfect, give a break to your air superiority and get off High heals...

no body is on high heals, just the fact vn Su-30s were locked multipul times by J-10s with AWACs support`and I explained how it happened on post 20, it is Luckyyy putting up fairy tales about how to increase range by just increase power output``

you cant just argue with already happened facts``and also basic theory of how radar works

Well..India would most likely offer EW upgrades to the Su-30's.
The reason why the Chinese were successful against the VN Su-30's is their own exp with the aircraft and electronics fit.
If the EW suite of the MKI is transplanted into the VN Su-30's.. the results may not be the same again.
I was not aware that Indians produce their own EW suits. Mostly I hear about Israeli EW suits rather than Indian ones.

So, now we will have threads based on what someone said..Forum moving in right direction..

No bro, I explaned already, our SU-30 or Mig 21 Bison team will be equipted with full missiles, try to find the targets like oil tanker craft and AWACS ( normaly out of combat radius range ) shoot them down, and if Su or Mig teams don't have enough gaz to fly back to the base, so just drop the crafts to the sea and pilot jump out with parachute .:lol:
Locating targets without proper support from off-board sensors are very difficult, especially when Sout China Sea is such a large area. The incident two weeks ago demonstrated that your planes and ground radar were easily jammed by us. Basically your planes could not obtain any sort of lock. How do you intend to go after AWACS and tankers blind?

btw: the best way of defence for small country in mordern warfare is using S-300, AAA system and making many Fake target that Radar and satellite can not recognize the diffrent. Air forces is uneconomical , only use for shock enemy with Kamikaze when the target is out of combat radius range :lol:
I'm going as far out to say that Vietnam has no shot against China at all in naval or air warfare. The only resistance I expect from you is if we launch a ground operation, which we probably won't.

So, now we will have threads based on what someone said..Forum moving in right direction..
That "someone" occured to be a PLAAF officer in China, who served as liason to Pakistan previously. He was also active with negotiating with Russians when China purchased Su-27/Su-30 from Russia. Basically, since the Chinese military is quite secretive, he's the only few reliable sources available.

Don't be foolish. As ACMA stated, India has had its contribution in the overall development of the SU-30MKI, mostly in the field of avionics. The SU-30MKI, including its engine are manufactured in India under license.

For simplicity sake, you can check wikipedia:
Sukhoi Su-30MKI - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Saturn AL-31 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Out of curiosity, is every component fullly made or assembled in India? If the former is true, consider me surprised given the progression of LCA.

You can choose not to believe that no one is forcing you.

How many times have carried out the first Vietnamese Su30 interception? (This is a rhetorical question can not answer.)
Or do you think that Vietnamese should report the results of each flight (for a detailed report in writing to the Chinese comrades.) :cheesy:

No bro, I explaned already, our SU-30 or Mig 21 Bison team will be equipted with full missiles, try to find the targets like oil tanker craft and AWACS ( normaly out of combat radius range ) shoot them down, and if Su or Mig teams don't have enough gaz to fly back to the base, so just drop the crafts to the sea and pilot jump out with parachute .:lol:

btw: the best way of defence for small country in mordern warfare is using S-300, AAA system and making many Fake target that Radar and satellite can not recognize the diffrent. Air forces is uneconomical , only use for shock enemy with Kamikaze when the target is out of combat radius range :lol:

very Ambitious , there are also some counter measure's adopted by Pilots to avoid SAM's like S-300... Better u google it

How many times have carried out the first Vietnamese Su30 interception? (This is a rhetorical question can not answer.)
Or do you think that Vietnamese should report the results of each flight (for a detailed report in writing to the Chinese comrades.) :cheesy:

too bad you cant read chinese, the report showes that PLAAF were doing this kind of 'dill' very often in south China sea, especially targeting vn's SU-27/30```and he didnt put other relevant 'execises' in eastern China sea where J-10s locked on japanese fighters`

of course due to the nature of all these incidents, vn will not report it, as it brings more humiliations to its already angrying nv nationalists`

Back
Top Bottom