What's new

Vietnam signs 25-year oil deal with Russia

Yes, you're right, but the "too special" geography location decide that Vietnam is too important for China, or as you mentioned, why did China help so much when USA invaded Vietnam? Personally, I dont Think China's generous help is because how nice China is, but to help Vietnam from invasion is to help China self(stop warfare out of the door).
You hit that right on the nail. Truth hurts thought. The same with the Korean war, China wants Vietnam and North Korea as buffer states.

Yes, you're right, but the "too special" geography location decide that Vietnam is too important for China, or as you mentioned, why did China help so much when USA invaded Vietnam? Personally, I dont Think China's generous help is because how nice China is, but to help Vietnam from invasion is to help China self(stop warfare out of the door).

The same counter can be made. The Untied States intervened in Vietnam because of the 'Domino Doctrine' as coined by Eisenhower. The belief was that if one country in south east asia fell to communism, the rest would all follow. China supported Vietnam because both were communist states and wanted to effectively topple non-aligned governments. Cambodia fell to the Khmer Rouge (PRC-backed), and Laos also collapsed to the communist LAO-PDR. Thankfully however Thailand, Malaysia , Indonesia and the Philippines did not collapse to communism. After the Sino-Soviet Split , and after Vietnam interfered with the Beijing-backed Khmer Rouge, that is when China invaded the Vietnamese in 1979.

Precisely my point. China is of greater strategic value (like a queen) in possible offensive tactics as compared to the much smaller value and often used as a sacrificial tool (the pawn). In this regard, China is Russia's queen in the game of geopolitical chess.

I believe that Vietnam places too much relevance / importance in their relationship with Russia. The latter, merely sees Vietnam as a source of buyer for their weapons and natural resources (which becomes even more important after the west imposed sanctions on the RF).

In my opinion, Vietnam needs to seriously re-evaluate its strategic relationship with Russia.

I totally agree with you, thats what i have been saying all along. In politics, they are no friends, just permanent interests. As you said Russia sees vietnam merely as a market for its weapons/natural resources. I dont even understand why Vietnam/vietnamese are so keen to boast of their 'relationship/friendship' with Russia. Russia simply doesnt regard Vietnam as a worthy country to jeao[ardize its relationship with China for it. Vietnam should fully be aware of it. AS i said, the U.S is the only country who can provide vietnam with all the necessary support it needs to counter China. Vietnam should abandon its cold war romance with Russia. The world has changed alot/moved forward. Vietnam should only seek/look after its own interests and ally with country's with whom its interests currently converge with in which case the U.S is the best oprtion. :usflag::cheers:

The same counter can be made. The Untied States intervened in Vietnam because of the 'Domino Doctrine' as coined by Eisenhower. The belief was that if one country in south east asia fell to communism, the rest would all follow. China supported Vietnam because both were communist states and wanted to effectively topple non-aligned governments. Cambodia fell to the Khmer Rouge (PRC-backed), and Laos also collapsed to the communist LAO-PDR. Thankfully however Thailand, Malaysia , Indonesia and the Philippines did not collapse to communism. After the Sino-Soviet Split , and after Vietnam interfered with the Beijing-backed Khmer Rouge, that is when China invaded the Vietnamese in 1979.
Yep, and you can plus one important thing. At that time, Communication or hot line between big countries are not today's situation, therefore, both USA and China acturally didnt know what each other wanted to do, and some stupid misunderstandings always happened.

I totally agree with you, thats what i have been saying all along. In politics, they are no friends, just permanent interests. As you said Russia sees vietnam merely as a market for its weapons/natural resources. I dont even understand why Vietnam/vietnamese are so keen to boast of their 'relationship/friendship' with Russia. Russia simply doesnt regard Vietnam as a worthy country to jeao[ardize its relationship with China for it. Vietnam should fully be aware of it. AS i said, the U.S is the only country who can provide vietnam with all the necessary support it needs to counter China. Vietnam should abandon its cold war romance with Russia. The world has changed alot/moved forward. Vietnam should only seek/look after its own interests and ally with country's with whom its interests currently converge with in which case the U.S is the best oprtion. :usflag::cheers:
Right, USA is actrually the only choice, but as a neighbour(land and sea) of China, what can Vietnam get from countering China?

Precisely my point. China is of greater strategic value (like a queen) in possible offensive tactics as compared to the much smaller value and often used as a sacrificial tool (the pawn). In this regard, China is Russia's queen in the game of geopolitical chess.

I believe that Vietnam places too much relevance / importance in their relationship with Russia. The latter, merely sees Vietnam as a source of buyer for their weapons and natural resources (which becomes even more important after the west imposed sanctions on the RF).

In my opinion, Vietnam needs to seriously re-evaluate its strategic relationship with Russia.

by the way i have visited Japan few times, and i enjoy the country quite alot. In fact Tokyo is my second best city in Asia after Shanghai, im planing to visit Vietnam next year or 2 years from now when im on holidays. Just wanted to know if you are Japanese.:wave:

Yep, and you can plus one important thing. At that time, Communication or hot line between big countries are not today's situation, therefore, both USA and China acturally didnt know what each other wanted to do, and some stupid misunderstandings always happened.

Right, USA is actrually the only choice, but as a neighbour(land and sea) of China, what can Vietnam get from countering China?

In my opinion, we will see more Japanese and Vietnamese collaboration.

In my opinion, we will see more Japanese and Vietnamese collaboration.
Yes, cooperation should increase among Asian countries selves. Campared with EU, Asia is badly needed cooperation and intrest unity.

Only as far as the U.S allows Japan to go.:-)
What's the attitude of English people on USA? 100% agree them?

Yes, cooperation should increase among Asian countries selves. Campared with EU, Asia is badly needed cooperation and intrest unity.

What's the attitude of English people on USA? 100% agree them?

Well it will surprise you to know that, we English are more hostile to the U.S than most people think, Most of us are against U.S foreign policy, its just that our governemnt doesnt really follow our opinions when it comes to foreign relations(sometimes i dont see the difference with an authoritarian country like China when it comes to foreign policy/relations our governments dont give a shit about what we think). However we do understand why the U.S acts arrogantly/hegemony, Afterall, we all know about responsibilities/arrogance that comes with being a superpower like the U.S . since, we colonised the U.S and much of the world and was the biggest empire in human history.. But funny enough today our government is subsevient to the U.S. So we do disagree with the U.S on several issues, but we understand that overall, the U.S serves the west interests more than having say China or Russia as superpower will mean for us.:agree::usflag:
So China shouldn't be quick to judge/criticise the U.S , since it should know that it isnt easy to be a superpower, with great power comes great responsiblities, China itself will soon witnessed it in a decade or two from now when it power/inlfuence matches that of the U.S then we will see if it still thinks the same. When you are a superpower, you will be criticise by small countries for acting and criticse for not acting.:cheesy::D

Well it will surprise you to know that, we English are more hostile to the U.S than most people think, Most of us are against U.S foreign policy, its just that our governemnt doesnt really follow our opinions when it comes to foreign relations(sometimes i dont see the difference with an authoritarian country like China when it comes to foreign policy/relations our governments dont give a shit about what we think). However we do understand why the U.S acts arrogantly/hegemony, Afterall, we all know about responsibilities/arrogance that comes with being a superpower like the U.S . since, we colonised the U.S and much of the world and was the biggest empire in human history.. But funny enough today our government is subsevient to the U.S. So we do disagree with the U.S on several issues, but we understand that overall, the U.S serves the west interests more than having say China or Russia as superpower will mean for us.:agree::usflag:
So China shouldn't be quick to judge/criticise the U.S , since it should know that it isnt easy to be a superpower, with great power comes great responsiblities, China itself will soon witnessed it in a decade or two from now when it power/inlfuence matches that of the U.S then we will see if it still thinks the same. When you are a superpower, you will be criticise by small countries for acting and criticse for not acting.:cheesy::D
No, I acturally asked that question on purpose:cheers:. When English Soldier died in Basra, people should guess the attitude of English people on USA. Anyway, thanks for your sharing.

LOL buddy, you try to prove PRC govt did rightful thing but it's very reluctant.

You came to conflict with Soviet at highest point in 1969, and you can't match with Soviet, you had no nuke, so it's understanding when you want to shake hand with US. And after time, you came to it in 1972.

US 're not stupid, they saw the chance to used PRC as rival at right beside Soviet.
So when the Soviet threaten to nuke China, but US will never allow that, and they say to Soviet back off. ( Remember, Nuclear weapon just can used for deterrent, no one will use it if that's not last card can play... ).

Yes, your logic is awesome, PRC don't care about US, so why PRC need to shake hand them !?
You don't care about US, so why did PRC back off in 1996, when USA send her carrier to near Taiwan strait !?
You don't care about US, why did PRC don't take Taiwan and let her exist from 1949 until now !?

When khrushchev was in charge , China and Soviet Union already were antagonistic to each other.

The reason was we do not be the sidekick of Soviet Union , we did not allow Soviet Union to build a military base in China.

And we won the fight in 1969 , we of course could not match Soviet Union at that time even now , but that does not mean we are afraid of Soviet union . If we did afraid of Soviet Union , we would allow Soviet Union to have a base in China just like what you guys did.

China and US talked to each other at 1972 because we needed each other, Soviet Union was more offensive at 1970s, Soviet Union even bullied member of Warsaw treaty Org.

And China was big Nuke military power , we have the qualification to do that.

To sum up , we breaked with Soviet Union at 1958~1959 when we still did not have Nuke weapon .From 1958~1972 , both Soviet and US were hostile to china

That means we did not scare of Soviet Union and USA although they are much more powerful than us.

If this still can not convince you , just go to hell and ask khrushchev why Soviet Union can not have a base in China.

About 1996 , TW tried to be independent , we threaten to use military power , those clowns stopped the farce.That was the result .
We do not take back TW now because we are still not powerful enough . Once we did , we will take it back .Just like what we are doing in SCS.

Last edited:
About 1996 , TW tried to be independent , we threaten to use military power , those clowns stopped the farce.That was the result .
We do not take back TW now because we are still not powerful enough . Once we did , we will take it back .Just like what we are doing in SCS.
Yeah, finally Chinese here admit the truth that they r not strong enough to take back TW, not bcz they want a so called 'peaceful unification' .

What China doing in SCS(east sea) only show how pathetic it is. China still gain Nothing, but it lost lots of money when its economy is in bad shape.:pop:

China 'helped ' VN to defeat US so China can conquer the whole SCS(east sea) after that. China would not able to take Paracel isl in 1974 if US still supported South VN gotv.

And u know how important of SCS(east sea) to China already, right ?

Yeah, finally Chinese here admit the truth that they r not strong enough to take back TW, not bcz they want a so called 'peaceful unification' .

What China doing in SCS(east sea) only show how pathetic it is. China still gain Nothing, but it lost lots of money when its economy is in bad shape.:pop:
Funny clown.

I never denied we are not powerful enogh , I believe no Chinese member here had said we are stronger than US .

Although we are not powerful enough to take back TW now but we are powerful enough enough to regain SCS.

Funny clown. Just get lost.

Funny clown.

I never denied we are not powerful enogh , I believe no Chinese member here had said we are stronger than US .

Although we are not powerful enough to take back TW now but we are powerful enough enough to regain SCS.

Funny clown. Just get lost.
Lots of Chinese here told me that China can take back TW by forces, but bcz they want a 'peaceful unification' so they dont attack TW yet.

powerful enough enough to regain SCS ?? :lol: then fire the first shot to our ship, u will see how coward and useless of China navy is :lol:

Bcz ur navy is coward and useless, thats why VN still control the largest part of SCS(east sea) now.

Back
Top Bottom