What's new

Vietnam´s Foreign Affairs

We don't wanna pollute our air like in China, so I think we only need Green techology from Japan. :)

Japanese came to your country because, They need skilled work force for their economy and Vietnam is perfect for that. In future Japan will rely heavily on Vietnam to some extent on India(recently they are setting up some plants in India also).

No, I'm very straight up to speak the truth, honestly.

Not without any reason is it that the Vietnamese called a halt to the Shinkansen plan in Vietnam. Vietnamese elites are perfectly aware that the Japanese are very sneaky actually, check it for yourself.

Vietnam legislature rejects bullet train project - Channel NewsAsia

And mind you the equivalent Chinese project is less than half the cost and is technically comparable. Japanese overcharge you but you Vietnamese masses are fooled by your govt that is bursting with corrupt officals that are involved in the Japanese bribery in name of ODA.

I bet here if there is an open tender, the Vietnamese would like to pick the Chinese plan than the Japanese one.

ODA is in fact with many strings attached, it forces the Vietnamese only to choose the Japanese companies to carry out projects and as a result most of Japanese ODA-projects have been overcharged and ended up with poor quality and problems in Vietnam and elsewhere in Asia.

You lie.

No one in Vietnam can say Japan technology is low quality :rofl: For safety requrements Japan product is better.
If we choose Chinese train from China, Chinese contractor bring chinese labor to Vietnam including unskill workers and made trouble for people are living in surrounding area. The ODA project funded by Japan Govt, Japanese main contractor used local contractors for his sub-contractor, so Vietnamese can have works for project. It's different.

Every contract included the condition for price escalation, the payment should be made base on material and other equipment to be imported at time of destination, so the Tax in Vietnam is changed to be high, other than the solary based on law, is increasingly changed year by year. Who get benefit for that ? Viet govt !

image.jpg

Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong (right) meets Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
Photo: VNA

State-President-Sang-receiv.jpg

State President Truong Tan Sang (R) received PM Shinzo Abe on January 16

Vietnam%20Japan.JPEG-00b58.jpg

Hoang Dinh Nam, Pool/Associated Press - Japan’s Prime Minister Shinzo Abe, right, chats with his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Tan Dung while walking together through the garden of the Presidential Palace in Hanoi, Vietnam, Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2013. Abe is in Vietnam for a two-day visit, the first leg of his three-nation Asian tour.

132107588_11n.jpg

Vietnamese Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung (R) and visiting Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe attend a press conference in Hanoi, capital of Vietnam, Jan. 16, 2013. (Xinhua/Yan Jianhua)

China Benchmark
Speed: 350-380km/h
Cost: $27B (1570km x $17M per km)
Construction: 4-6years

Japanese Proposal
Speed: 300km/h
Cost: $56B (1570km x $36M per km)
Construction: 10?-30years (depending on the section)

I bet here if there is an open tender, the Vietnamese would like to pick the Chinese plan than the Japanese one.

The initial price of $56 billion was rejected by National Assembly.

Now the latest price tag is about $26 billion for Japanese highspeed train. I wonder how the Japanese could have reduced so much. The proposal is now at the Vietnamese PM, when he okays, the proposal will go to National Assembly for final approval.

A 3 day visit is not short, seemingly Vietnam is an important stop for the madam president.

Seems both sides have a busy agenda. Two topics may come up during the visit: South China Sea and Falkland Islands.
I will post some pics and reports on the visit.

how do you know that?

In Falklands issue UK and US on the one side China and Argentina on the other.

The Latin countries of South America are moving closer to China, countries like Argentina, Venezuela and other communist countries.

In Falklands issue UK and US on the one side China and Argentina on the other.

The Latin countries of South America are moving closer to China, countries like Argentina, Venezuela and other communist countries.

South America countries may come closer to China, but they do not act against Vietnam.

Ambassador confident of Vietnam-Argentina ties
1/17/2013 11:32:57 AM Voice of Vietnam

Ambassador-Nguyen-Van-Dao.jpg.ashx

Vietnam´s Ambassador to Argentina Nguyen Van Dao

(VOV) - The political and economic-trade ties between Vietnam and Argentina will develop strongly following the upcoming visit to Hanoi by President Cristina Kirchner.

Ambassador to Argentina Nguyen Van Dao was granting an exclusive interview to VOV prior to Kirchner’s visit from January 18-21, which marks the 40th anniversary of the establishment of diplomatic ties between the two countries.

Both sides will hold high-level talks and sign a number of cooperation agreements, including one on investment promotion, the diplomat said. Argentinean businesses are undertaking several projects in Vietnam, notably a wind power project in southern provinces. Both sides are considering cooperation in oil & gas and telecommunications.

Despite the negative impact of the global economic recession, two-way trade hit more than US$1 billion last year, and is expected to amount to US$1.5-2 billion in the near future.

The two countries are also developing plans to boost bilateral cooperation in science-technology and the environment.

Marking 40 years of diplomatic ties this year, Vietnam and Argentina will increase delegation exchanges to concretise cooperation areas of politics, economics, trade, investment, and culture, said the diplomat.

@Viet

China is sending its friends to get leverage from Vietnam. What ever investments coming from Argentina are indirectly from China(if there is a chance of investment) and through Argentina, China will influence Vietnam.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Viet

China is sending its friends to get leverage from Vietnam. What ever investments coming from Argentina are indirectly from China(if there is a chance of investment) and through Argentina, China will influence Vietnam.

Argentina=China? I think this equation is simply wrong.
Chinese investments in Vietnam are relatively small if compared to Japan.

Last edited by a moderator:
Argentina=China? I think this equation is simply wrong.
Chinese investments in Vietnam are relatively small if compared to Japan.

I can only suggest, Do not let Argentina to invest in crucial sectors.

If Argentina wanna get back Falkland islands, they need supports from China and Russia.
The negative vote from five permanent member of the U.N Security Council is useful for Falkland issue.

Actually I dislike to see the world divided again into blocs like in the Cold War.

It's time to re-promote the Non-Bloc Conference again. Argentina can trade and build relationship to anyone. There should be no pro-China nor pro-US, like the Cold War. I don't understand why English media love to promote such narrative.

Beside Argentina is visiting ASEAN, not just Vietnam. That is a very common thing.

Back
Top Bottom