What's new

Vietnam protests China's military exercise in South China Sea

Veeru

BANNED
Reaction score

Hanoi - The Vietnamese government has protested recent Chinese military drill near the disputed Paracel Islands in the South China Sea, state media reported Friday.

The defence exercise was carried out by China's South Sea Fleet on February 3.

This action seriously violated Vietnam's sovereignty over the archipelago, the state run newspaper Viet Nam News quoted Nguyen Phuong Nga, spokeswoman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as saying.

It also went counter to the Declaration of the Conduct of the Parties in the South China Sea, issued by the Association of South-East Asian Nations and China in 2002, she added.

The action has negatively affected peace and stability in the region, Nga said.

The Vietnamese government made a similar complaint as the Chinese State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping on January 18 included China's disputed version of its maritime border in the area on its official online mapping service. It gave China more than 80 per cent of the South China Sea.

The Paracel Islands are not the only disputed territory in the area. There are also sovereignty issues between Vietnam and China, Malaysia, Brunei and the Philippines over the Spratly Islands and the surrounding waters.

The Spratly and Paracel Islands and their surrounding waters are believed to be rich in undersea mineral resources.

Vietnam protests China's military exercise in South China Sea - Monsters and Critics

china should respect its neighbors and stop bullying them. :tdown::tdown:

Hanoi - The Vietnamese government has protested recent Chinese military drill near the disputed Paracel Islands in the South China Sea, state media reported Friday.

This action seriously violated Vietnam's sovereignty over the archipelago, the state run newspaper Viet Nam News quoted Nguyen Phuong Nga, spokeswoman for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs as saying.

It also went counter to the Declaration of the Conduct of the Parties in the South China Sea, issued by the Association of South-East Asian Nations and China in 2002, she added.

The Vietnamese government made a similar complaint as the Chinese State Bureau of Surveying and Mapping on January 18 included China's disputed version of its maritime border in the area on its official online mapping service. It gave China more than 80 per cent of the South China Sea.

The Paracel Islands are not the only disputed territory in the area. There are also sovereignty issues between Vietnam and China, Malaysia, Brunei and the Philippines over the Spratly Islands and the surrounding waters.

The Spratly and Paracel Islands and their surrounding waters are believed to be rich in undersea mineral resources.

Vietnam protests China's military exercise in South China Sea - Monsters and Critics

:yahoo: good veeru,you did it again,keep it up,do more with anti-China article. BTW,could you explain what if the japanese done the DIAO Yu island ,north four island and dokdo?same kind with this issue?Willl you call thats also Japan bullying his neighbour -China,Russia,South Korea?

Thanks for the article! In hte past it was Vietnam bullying our fishermen, I'm glad my government is fighting back!

You know, what is wrong with these Indians. No Chinese members posts endless streams of negative news on the India forum. This is kind of annoying.

MODS, should start looking into all the anti-Pakistan/anti-China articles posted by this guy.

MODS, should start looking into all the anti-Pakistan/anti-China articles posted by this guy.

It's fine to post negative articles about China and Pakistan but if he spams those (+ spams positive Indian articles), the mods should do something about it.

You know, what is wrong with these Indians. No Chinese members posts endless streams of negative news on the India forum. This is kind of annoying.

1. First of all stop generalization.

2. We don't post negative/positive news its all in your thinking.

My point f posting it

a.) Its a defense news fit for a defense forum.

b.) It proves the point that china ia bulling its neighbors like it do with India, Vietnam, Japan etc.

c.) If china stop claiming my land as theirs i will stop posting such news.

For this type of China threat posts, I suppose it should come from members from the concerned countries, e.g. vietnam in this case.

How could it always be Indian members who jump out to post these?

I have always seen indian members become angry and say "don't drag india into this" whenever a Chinese member, Pakistani member or members of some other countries mentioned India within a post when india has little to do initially with such posts.

So I think indian members need behave themselves and not post this kind of China threat this/that sensational news day in and day out.

1. First of all stop generalization.

2. We don't post negative/positive news its all in your thinking.

My point f posting it

a.) Its a defense news fit for a defense forum.

b.) It proves the point that china ia bulling its neighbors like it do with India, Vietnam, Japan etc.

c.) If china stop claiming my land as theirs i will stop posting such news.

Weren't you banned for doing this?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/members/22647veer.html

Can i ask some thing? Is why a pakistani or a chinees post a anti-INDIAN thread here than a Indian do? You start he follows that i think.

I think china also concerns about the India, us, japan and other east asian navel excerise previous i think! Im right?

Can i ask some thing? Is why a pakistani or a chinees post a anti-INDIAN thread here than a Indian do? You start he follows that i think.

I think china also concerns about the India, us, japan and other east asian navel excerise previous i think! Im right?

Does anyone understand this?

This is great news! Thanks to Veeru for posting this.

Ha ha..... Vietnam getting spanked again by big brother China. What are you going to do? Develop nukes? Then we will invade you again and this time there is no Soviet Union to help you.

Ha ha..... China's strength is felt all over the world.

This is great news! Thanks to Veeru for posting this.

Ha ha..... Vietnam getting spanked again by big brother China. What are you going to do? Develop nukes? Then we will invade you again and this time there is no Soviet Union to help you.

Ha ha..... China's strength is felt all over the world.

If there is war coming between China and Vietnam, our goal is not to invade their soil, but to knock out their air force and navy within 3 days, then take back all of the Spratly Islands.

Vietnamese citizens are innocent, no need to harm them even they exhibit the Anti-China sentiment, since we are not Amerikkka.

China being a big country in Asia should at least give other smaller country respect if they don't want those country to fall into the arms of the West/US.

Currently, China has no friends. Everyone around the world have negative views of China.

Back
Top Bottom