What's new

Vietnam might soon announce its approval for BrahMos

elaborate more..................are you suggesting/saying/presuming that due to security risks (like in of scorpene).......now a complete indigenous SSK will be designed and built in INDIA???

The design for a ~2400 tonnes displacement submarine with AIP and VLS has been frozen in 2011, you'll hear an official statement confirming it within a year or year and a half.

The design for a ~2400 tonnes displacement submarine with AIP and VLS has been frozen in 2011, you'll hear an official statement confirming it within a year or year and a half.
I know that you have talked about it earlier.....what i am asking is will P75I now be scraped and this will be forwarded due security risk

Why it was not pitched for P75I ?// Any design or any particular tech to be introduced ?..........

All the required tech is in place now, though initially they struggled with the AIP for far too long. P-75I was already floated by then, hence AIP was the most essential tech for the project.

They will pursue indigenous SSK independent of P-75I.

All the required tech is in place now,
I know we have every piece starting from hull material to sensors to weapon system to propulsion ....what annoys me is that we are still going for foreign maal.....about AIP it could be sourced for time being later to be moved to DRDO AIP

They will pursue indigenous SSK independent of P-75I.
At Least it's good thing (in case of indigenous SSK) that scorpene leak happens ......now instead of ordering 3 more scorpene go for I SSK

Last edited:
I know we have every piece starting from hull material to sensors to weapon system to propulsion ....what annoys me is that we are still going for foreign maal.....about AIP it could be sourced for time being later to be moved to DRDO AIP

Possibly, waiting for it to materialize. Given the condition, U-214 makes more sense, given their mature fuel cell technology.

And not to forget, the indigenous SSNs will start popping out from 2022-23 onwards. If everything goes to plan, Indian sub surface fleet is heading for a major overhaul.

Vietnamese ambassador to India, Ton Sinh Thanh said few weeks back that $100 Mn credit line by India is being used to build 4 boats. This was in response to the so called Brahmos sales and he did not say anything more.

What i understand is it will be first a combination for Brahmos and Kh35 UranE for the boats The missiles will have a mix of AshM and LACM.

@Carlosa
folks in Vietnam government had informally requested for a modified Block III but actually its known as Block IV as per developmental block chart for India. Its a LACM variant with steep dive, GPS, GLONASS, IRNSS capable with a surround capability to hit post steep diving to well protected deep sites . In simple words, its designed for bases where HV stuff is much deeper inside and protected by natural formations be it mountain or a submarine base. This one is a true blue 550 km+ in Hi-Med profile and a overall 600 km above in all hi hi flight path.

Unfortunately, owing to MTCR restrictions i dont think this will be accepted. On top, Block IV planned production and deployments is already tied up with IA for some good time.

You folks might get Brahmos -A the air launched version for Su 30 MK2s instead of the requested LACM. That will be more easier.

It all will depend over time and success of Brahmos A launch test (twin for land and moving ship) later this year.

Vietnamese ambassador to India, Ton Sinh Thanh said few weeks back that $100 Mn credit line by India is being used to build 4 boats. This was in response to the so called Brahmos sales and he did not say anything more.

What i understand is it will be first a combination for Brahmos and Kh35 UranE for the boats The missiles will have a mix of AshM and LACM.

@Carlosa
folks in Vietnam government had informally requested for a modified Block III but actually its known as Block IV as per developmental block chart for India. Its a LACM variant with steep dive, GPS, GLONASS, IRNSS capable with a surround capability to hit post steep diving to well protected deep sites . In simple words, its designed for bases where HV stuff is much deeper inside and protected by natural formations be it mountain or a submarine base. This one is a true blue 550 km+ in Hi-Med profile and a overall 600 km above in all hi hi flight path.

Unfortunately, owing to MTCR restrictions i dont think this will be accepted. On top, Block IV planned production and deployments is already tied up with IA for some good time.

You folks might get Brahmos -A the air launched version for Su 30 MK2s instead of the requested LACM. That will be more easier.

It all will depend over time and success of Brahmos A launch test (twin for land and moving ship) later this year.

Thank you very much, that sounds great and I hope for more goodies other than Brahmos also.

SAT NAM

This would be one hell of a modification for those ships indeed.

@Carlosa

@PARIKRAMA That modified Block III Brahmos sounds to me like it would be ideal to attack the chinese submarine base in Hainan Island.

Hopefully the system will be matured enough in the coming years, and in parallel DRDO is working on SAM systems having range of 200 km.

Vietnam definitely needs an anti ballistic system that can go beyond the S-400.

@Carlosa

One other question, those 4 boats that you mentioned, would they be OPVs or just the first batch of those 37 meter small fast patrol boats? We are not sure if there is just 1 naval deal going on or 2.

Back
Top Bottom