What's new

Vietnam & India to hold fifth strategic defence talks

Faithfulguy being Chinese American knows A LOT about East Asia, in fact. And a major weakness of India is indeed its "education system" and its "call centres" (aka IT) sector.

First step to improving is recognizing our own weaknesses. Why do you think people the world over have respect for Iran? They may not necessarily like Iranians, but they have respect for them because they have guts to stand up for themselves and are consistent in their actions.

Viet Nam EARNED ITS RESPECT, it was never freely given to Viet Nam. We Asians only respect others who EARN it, not who cry about it.

Dude i am not writing a story here..i am not Zaid Hamid.i am saying what i have heard.Students from around the world come to study here.The Koreans i have met to have a lot of praise for our education system specially Maths and Science.

Being a Pakistani you wont believe coz you expect us to be like you.

And i think you and me are living in a different world coz according to you people respect Iran Vietnam and maybe Pakistan also more than India...which is not true in my world.

My advice to you is to go and read some international newspaper not rupee news.

By the way did you want to use the word INFAMOUS???..specially relating to Iran

I am from Hanoi, Vietnam. In Vietnam now, the youths, like my younger brother, will not hesitate to go to protest Chinese invasion of Truong Sa islands (Nan Sa as being called in Chinese), but in the meantimes, they also start to study Chinese. The books, films and other cultural works from China, like works of Ve Tue (I do not know how to spell her name in Chinese) have also greatly influenced the youths. Even many young singers (mostly from the South and ethnic Hoa (i.e Chinese) start learning to sing in Mandarin and are welcomed.
The Western culture are now increasingly irrelevant. That is a good trend.
Our parents all had to study Chinese at high school during 1960's. After that, during 1980's, Russian language is the only language taught at elementary school. Then English. Now Chinese and Japanese are back. Together with the increasing wealth of China, Chinese influence are feeled everywhere, even here in South Korea. Chinese language is used almost every where, on train, subways, tourism spots, airports, etc.
Money talk, that is and will ever be a fact every one of us have to accept. When your country are still poor, just shut up and work hard until every one recognize your effort. Do not cry or ask to be respected. Respect must be gained through sweat and blood.
The thread should be closed here.

I totally agree with the statement that respect must be earned. You cannot whine to gain respect. Like many people are doing here. This will be my last post in this thread as well.

One more thing I want to make PERFECTLY CLEAR TO ALL INDIAN MEMBERS:

There's a well-recognized International "pecking order" you need to be aware of.

China > USA > Japan > Vietnam > India.

Either you EARN the respect or get used to this pecking order....:cheers:

Last edited:
China can challenge US with what???, Nukes???, Even UK, France, Russia have it.

Tell me apart rom Nukes what else does China has?.
Nothing. I am not putting China down here but the so called claims by Chinese are all just a false cry..

Chineese will counter US F-22 and F-35s even F-18s with what?...

Hmmm...J-10s???

To be very honest Americans are not afraid of China, they do focus on China as they have hegmonic intentions to wards every country towards their border and the only country which by far has distabilized south aisa and has destabilized the entire world by unfair trade values.

Ok coming back to the topic.

You are under the false impression that anyone who does not love India is a Chinese. You are so wrong. Most East Asian do not believe in the capabilities of Indians.. That include Japanese, Korean, Vietnamese, Phillipinos and Chinese from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan. Not everyone believe that China is a friend, as matter of fact, most people feel threatened by China. However, everyone believe that US is the only one nation can can counter Chinese influence. India do not even come into the picture. As matter of fact, most would agree that India probably would need US protection against China soon.

Thats your own logic at the most. Thats what you think but not anyone else thinks. Tell me how do you arrive at that conclusion and we will see who wins the debate.

Give me some logical scenarios where we can draw lines of conclusion.

Your vision is just like someone looking at the rainbow and thinks the sun is boobytrapped...

Really?! Chinese is almost used everywhere in South Korea??? I know the more educated Koreans and academics and scholars know Chinese..... but I didn't know that it was as widespread as you said.

I haven't learn Korean (yet), so when I do (1-2 years time) I'll visit Seoul and Pyongyang and see with my own eyes and hear with my own ears.

I spent six years to learn Mandarin ( Putonghua) and I am vary happy that this hard work paid me off whenever I visited East and South -East Asia. Even here in the UK , it helps me a lot dealing with the Chinese speakers.

There's a well-recognized International "pecking order" you need to be aware of.

China > USA > Vietnam > India.

Talk about delusions!

I totally agree with the statement that respect must be earned. You cannot whine to gain respect. Like many people are doing here. This will be my last post in this thread as well.

Thank you...why not leave the whole Indian Defence section itself..your posts are very pollution and are not at all constructive...thanks again.

China > USA > Vietnam > India.

i wonder u didnt add japan and u r adding india,vietnam.

China > USA > Japan > Vietnam > India.

here does Pakistan stands here? So one correction.... :D

Pakistan > China > USA > Japan > Vietnam > India

Be happy....

yes indeed its true,and india has been doing it,despite of being the worlds most diverse country having varius religions,facing economic sanctions ,we r progressing.our rate of growth in the last 15 years have been commendable.the world who was shrugging india as a third world country is now watching us as a future superpower,US which had cold relations with india till 1998 looks at us as there strategic partner,RUSSIA,BRITAIN,FRANCE have been great to us,we r the honorary members in the G8.our growth rate was excellent even during recession.our education system n students r admired all over the world..i can go on and on and on,but the thing is we r reaching where we want to be....u can watch ur country and see where it stands.

Really?! Chinese is almost used everywhere in South Korea??? I know the more educated Koreans and academics and scholars know Chinese..... but I didn't know that it was as widespread as you said.

I haven't learn Korean (yet), so when I do (1-2 years time) I'll visit Seoul and Pyongyang and see with my own eyes and hear with my own ears.

there is no language such as chinese,either mandarin or cantonese,so that proves u r not a chinese

yes indeed its true,and india has been doing it,despite of being the worlds most diverse country having varius religions,facing economic sanctions ,we r progressing.our rate of growth in the last 15 years have been commendable.the world who was shrugging india as a third world country is now watching us as a future superpower,US which had cold relations with india till 1998 looks at us as there strategic partner,RUSSIA,BRITAIN,FRANCE have been great to us,we r the honorary members in the G8.our growth rate was excellent even during recession.our education system n students r admired all over the world..i can go on and on and on,but the thing is we r reaching where we want to be....u can watch ur country and see where it stands.

But many East Asian countries had developed with the same rate of India at one time or another. India is growing economically right now but its being noticed. I do not exactly know why but maybe because it doesn't demonstrate any growth in manufacturing, technology and infrustructure. Something that was shared among East Asian economies. Its not that India's growth in IT or service sector doesn't deserve respect. But its different from what most East Asians had experience. As a result, most East Asians are more aware of what China is accomplishing and do not know much of what India is doing. Another thing also could be that India is too far away. But in any case, India immigrants to other places is getting respect from the country that relocated to. However, most East Asians do not admire the Indian growth.

---------- Post added at 08:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

there is no language such as chinese,either mandarin or cantonese,so that proves u r not a chinese

All these are Chinese languages.

.our rate of growth in the last 15 years have been commendable.the world who was shrugging india as a third world country is now watching us as a future superpower

Where do you get that the world is watching India as a future super power? Any source that the world is anticipating india as a future super power and if that is the case, US would need to regard India as a potential challenger... Should US be concerned???:rofl::rofl:

Where do you get that the world is watching India as a future super power? Any source that the world is anticipating india as a future super power and if that is the case, US would need to regard India as a potential challenger... Should US be concerned???:rofl::rofl:

President of USA and even Secretory of State Are saying the Same About India.... and You want to Know India... here You go...

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom